Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Beann, I have been on the 0.025% GEL! I just got my 0.05% cream yesterday and used it for the first time last night and boy what a difference! It was so easy to apply and it didn't sting. Although, I have been skipping the Nuderm the last 2 days and just moisturizing. My tret is from Johnson and Johnson in India, I hope it really has the actives in it!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:08 am      Reply with quote
the last 3 days were kinda roUgh for me and my skin :)mY skin got very dry and very very flaky and tight....it was like a rough sand paper or dont know what to sAY......then yesterday night i took a LONG shower and rubbed all the skin on my face,,,all the skin was coming off ,it was a very good feeling...then when i came out of the shower,,i saw myface in the mirror,,,it was very pink in certain areas where i had the most peeling.....then i applied my obagi stuff and it stinged a bit....today when i woke up,,,my face doesnt look pink,,it has calmed down,also not tight or dry today.....feels like a good day for my skin...i dont get that yukhy feeling today that i was having the past 3 to 4 days Smile
I am haPpY Smile
whengz
5% products discount

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
hi there moosej,maheen1,riley... thanks for good advice.

i stopped using tretinion the night before the party and no flakes just red cheeks but i used bare minerals to cover them up. it went well.

today i finally have this peeling on my cheeks and i believe it the tretinion that makes me peel, compared to my last concern that i don't peel at all Very Happy

i am on my 2 1/2 weeks with nuderm. and like maheen next month i will be on vacation too for 3 weeks. good thing maheen ask about it, i got some ideas from other members... thanks again...
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
wHENGZ...GOOD TO HEAR THAT U R PEELING Very Happy
Happy now ???
I m going on vacation for 10 days in the next 2 days and what i have decided is that during this time i m only going to use Clear once in the night and thats it...so every night i ll use clear and during the day i wont be using anything on my face excpet moisturzier...i realy really dont want peopleto see how ugly i look when i peel plus i dont wanna explain everyone why is there so much peeling on my face...i m very hopeful that as soon as i ll stop obagi,that i m going to do in the next 2 days,,,my skin will stop peeling and will be normal tone,,not red so i m sure i ll be able to see finally what results i have achieved so far...cuz of the redness its so hard to really see how good my skin has become Smile I m excited.

By the way,,yesterday when i was at the gym i was working out and there is a mirror just beside the treadmill,,,i saw in the mirror and i was really surprised to see that my complexion has finally returned cuz before using obagi i used to see in the same mirror and my face used to look really dark andblotchy...i m happy Smile
We ll all be soooooo happy in the end... Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I envy you girls going on vacation! Have a great time and don't forget your sunscreen!! Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Enjoy your vacation Maheen! Keep us posted when you can!

I've used my new tret cream for 2 nights now and I haven't had that stinging feeling when I used to use the gel. I don't know if it's because I've stopped the Nuderm for 2 days prior to the new cream or just that the cream and my face like each other better Smile By the end of today, I started to have some peeling around my mouth area again.

So, does anyone know for sure, is it the tretinoin that causes peeling or the exfoderm?

If it is the tretinoin then at least I know my product from overseas is authentic but if it's the exfoderm then I wouldn't really know.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Moosej,
I think it can be a combination of the two products or each one on its own. I also use the retin a 0.05 from All Day Chemist and I think it works just fine.

I also tended to peel just around the mouth area after my skin had acclimated to the products. I still do -- even on maintenance!

Hope things are going well for you. In another week or two, I'm going to start the full blown Nuderm routine for at least six weeks. Wish me luck!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Kims, is yours called Retino A made by J & J? The company I ordered from is a sister company of ADC so it's probably the same product. Good luck with the next round!
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Beann, I have been on the 0.025% GEL! I just got my 0.05% cream yesterday and used it for the first time last night and boy what a difference! It was so easy to apply and it didn't sting. Although, I have been skipping the Nuderm the last 2 days and just moisturizing. My tret is from Johnson and Johnson in India, I hope it really has the actives in it!

Hey Moose ~ Glad you're happy with the .05% cream. I've never had any stinging (and I'm on the .1%), so hopefully that'll be the end of the stinging for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Kims or Riley, do you guys know if using CP has a place during the Nuderm maintenance? Just another thing I was looking into. TIA!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:42 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Kims or Riley, do you guys know if using CP has a place during the Nuderm maintenance? Just another thing I was looking into. TIA!

I am pretty positive Kims is using CP's in her maintenance. I would apply the CP at night, before the RA/Blender combo.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Kims and Moose Smile
O kay so right now i m on vacation.,,,staying at my sister inlaw"s place.....whenever i go out,,,i do put sunblock Smile

I m having a good time....what i m more happy about is the fact that after sooooo many yeras,,,,now finally my skin is in the position that i m not putting on any makeup while at someones place cuz i remember fewmonths ago i met my sister inlaw and we stayed together for 3 days and i could nt cme in front of her without having makeup atleast a thick coat of powder and concealer on my face....its been two days here and in the morning i wash my face,,,,apply moisturizer and that is it.....i have 1 or 2 acne spots on cheeks that r pinkish and yes there is still a bit of pink patches here and there but even then my skin is sooo much better than the past that i dont need makeup...i m just ecstatic.......before obagi my skin was very dark and blotchy that was the reason i didnt want to come in front of anyone without makeup but now thats not a problem anymore...
Thanks Obagi Smile and thanks everyone specially kims and Rileygirl who always encouraged me to keep going...
My complexion is much more even toned,,,much fair and consistent with the rest of my body and i look much more beautiful now.....
I cant say WOW this is magical,,,,since these changes were very subtle but i can say for sure that there is a huge difference,,...
Arrity girls..,,u ALL TAKE CARE I LL KEEP U POSTED Smile
bYEEEEEEE
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
That is great news, Maheen! I never had a "wow" moment, either. It is just a slow change over time and one day you look in the mirror and realize your skin looks really good and you don't have the pigmentation any longer! Have fun on vacation! Very Happy
najlaali

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:45 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
That is great news, Maheen! I never had a "wow" moment, either. It is just a slow change over time and one day you look in the mirror and realize your skin looks really good and you don't have the pigmentation any longer! Have fun on vacation! Very Happy

Hello Ladies,

I'm New to this forum and don't know the mechanics yet but here i go....

History:
I'm From the Middle East with light tan skin tone

Minor Brown spots on face
Occastional acne breakouts
Uneven skin tone

I started the Obagi Nuderm 9 days ago and i'm experiencing breakouts!!!!!
They are whiteheads and i wanted to know if that was normal... They are larger than normal and i got 4 pimples @ the same time ( never happened Before) usually one or two a month Crying or Very sad

I've been following a few of the Obagi's users threads and i know that u all experienced the peeling, redness and breakout but i think i'm feeling a little nervous and worried that i'll end up with worst acne scars due to the size of the pimples!!!!

Please i really don't want to give up and i'm hoping that this will be the treatment to finally help me get rid of my skin problems.....I would really appreciate any feedback.....

Thank You
Najla
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Najla, welcome!

I've had a few breakouts myself. Just leave them alone and don't squeeze! I am sure your skin is purging. I don't think you will get any scars as the skin will continually be pushing out. Hang in there! It is definitely a case of getting worse before it gets better! Stick with it and don't give up, you will see beautiful results, just be patient with it!
najlaali

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:18 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Najla, welcome!

I've had a few breakouts myself. Just leave them alone and don't squeeze! I am sure your skin is purging. I don't think you will get any scars as the skin will continually be pushing out. Hang in there! It is definitely a case of getting worse before it gets better! Stick with it and don't give up, you will see beautiful results, just be patient with it!

Thank You Moosejavian for ur quick response....

I guess i'm just panicking...i'm really excited to see what this product can do for my skin..My worry was because of my skin tone that it might not work for me....

Thanks again

Very Happy
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thankssssssss Rileyyyyy...yes u r absolutely right...All these 13 weeks i have been waiting for that wow feeling....and now i have realized its not exactly what i think,,,its a bit different....its a subtle change ...I STILL CANT SAY that my skin is flawless and now i know i wont have a flawless skin ever...Acne has caused the worse scars on my face that might gradually decrese in size...but overtime,,and wont disappear ever completely...
So now what i have to see is that if Obagi has worked for me or it has not...there r moments when i realize all of a sudden that yes it has definitely worked for me....Since starting obagi and specially after being on it for 4 weeks,,,my skin has never looked that ugly that it was before obagi,,,it has never looked even close to that..I still have acne scars,,,still have few breakouts nw and then BUT the main concern of blotchiness and dirty looking complexion has never returned...
And now since i m out on vacation,,the biggest prove that Obagi has worked for me is that i dont have to use any foundation or powder on my face to look good,or atleast acceptable,,,honeslty I dont wear anything on my face now and i look as beautiful as i remember i used to look many years ago...I m soooooooo happy...
Thanks all my frends Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Kims, is yours called Retino A made by J & J? The company I ordered from is a sister company of ADC so it's probably the same product. Good luck with the next round!

Hi Moosej,
My retin a is also made by J & J.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hello najlaali and welcome to the forum. Tretinoin can make you break out worse in the first part of the treatment. Don't worry, it won't last forever. Tretinoin will make you look worse before you look better. Be prepared for your wrinkles to look worse too in the beginning. I started NuDerm on Feb 9th and I'm seeing improvement. Keep it up. You'll be happy you did. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen,
Hope you're enjoying your vacation! Also, I'm very happy that you're pleased with your skin -- no foundation, that's great!

I think things will keep better and better too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi najlaali,
welcome to the forum! You'll find a great amount of support and guidance throughout your Obagi journey. Please keep us posted and let us know how you're doing!

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe that i left my house looking like this with all the peeling and redness!!!

Ladies how do u manage ur daily life while peeling....i'm sooo not liking this at this moment......

in the past 10 days i have cancelled several social engagment Shock

How long does this last???? please need input.. Crying or Very sad
najlaali

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thank You ladies for all ur support.....

Very Happy

My husband is really concerned thinking that i'll do more damage with this treatment than good!!!

He thinks that i'm just fine the way i am Shock Reallyyyyyy!!!! He's trying to get me to stop!!

I don't think so...i know i need to clear my skin and get to the point where i don't have to wear makeup everyday.......

Crying or Very sad
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Najla, the peeling and redness is all part of it. The redness eventually subsided for me maybe after 4 wks or so, can't remember now. After the first 6 wks you can cut back on the exfoderm to every other day. You might also want to just do the tretinoin every other day for now until your skin gets used to it. I think it was in this thread that I posted when one of my coworkers asked me if I had allergy coz my face was all red! Hang in there!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Najla, your hubby sounds like Maheen's hubby in the beginning too I think! But now Maheen is quite happy with her skin! This will be a journey for you with good days and bad days. Stick with it and it will get easier, promise!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |