Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Thanks Riley! I think I will try it on Saturday night coz I don't work Sunday and Monday. It would be really good if it works, then in the mornings I can only go with clear and ss.

Lol, it must be all the CP talk that is giving us these ideas.

I was thinking that might be it!

Do you work in a hospital, moosejavian?
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Riley, yes I work in a hospital and I see lots of people everyday! I have never worried about the tomato face and peeling before but it has been going on for over 3 months now and I'm getting more conscious of it. And then some days I think my SS shows quite a bit too! Oh well, just 6 wks to go I guess.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Riley, yes I work in a hospital and I see lots of people everyday! I have never worried about the tomato face and peeling before but it has been going on for over 3 months now and I'm getting more conscious of it. And then some days I think my SS shows quite a bit too! Oh well, just 6 wks to go I guess.

Yes, it does get old. I feel for all of you who are going through it. The end is definitely in site for you, though, Moosejavian!!
Very Happy
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Moosej,
I am also using the Exfoderm Forte at night. I've officially started Round 2 and hopefully will be able to get by with only six weeks.

I've also incorporated CP's into my routine -- using them in the p.m. only since I'm using vit C in the morning.

We'll see how this goes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Kim, can you tell me the order of the products you use at night with the CP included? Do you just use vit c, clear and ss in the am? Thanks!

I hope things go easy for you with round 2!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Moosej,
Here's my routine:

A.M.
Obagi Cleanser C-RX
Obagi Vit C with 4% Hydroquinone
Clear
Sunscreen NIA24

P.M.
Cleanser
CP's Super CP serum
Clear
Exfoderm Forte
Blender/Retin a 0.05%

Eyes -- Alternating with MD Forte and Skinmedica TNS Eyes

I hope I haven't forgotten anything!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Kims, where are you getting your Vit C with the hydroquinone, and what is the exact name? I'm having trouble finding it on the Obagi site and figuring out where to purchase.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:07 am      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
Kims, where are you getting your Vit C with the hydroquinone, and what is the exact name? I'm having trouble finding it on the Obagi site and figuring out where to purchase.

It's the C Clarifying serum, its_kristy (from the Obagi C-RX line).
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kims, do you have a wait time in between your products in the PM? Thanks for posting your schedule!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Moosej,
Here's my routine:

A.M.
Obagi Cleanser C-RX
Clear
Sunscreen NIA24

P.M.
Cleanser
CP's Super CP serum
Clear
Exfoderm Forte
Blender/Retin a 0.05%

kms, exfo and retin A after! Is it not too much for you?

I'm on my 8th day of Obagi and my skin strats to look a bit "raw" as if somebody is taking my skin off Embarassed
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:

It's from the Obagi Vit C series. I buy it here on EDS. I know it's expensive, but I thought it would be good to use while on maintenance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Kims, do you have a wait time in between your products in the PM? Thanks for posting your schedule!

After I apply the cp's, I wait about 20 minutes. After Clear and Exfoderm, I wait about another 20-30 to apply the Blender/Retin a.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
kims wrote:
Hi Moosej,
Here's my routine:

A.M.
Obagi Cleanser C-RX
Clear
Sunscreen NIA24

P.M.
Cleanser
CP's Super CP serum
Clear
Exfoderm Forte
Blender/Retin a 0.05%

kms, exfo and retin A after! Is it not too much for you?

I'm on my 8th day of Obagi and my skin strats to look a bit "raw" as if somebody is taking my skin off Embarassed

Hi RussianSunshine,
I'm only on Day 5 of Round 2, so we'll see how this goes! But I've been using the Nuderm products plus retin a for a year now so hopefully my skin has acclimated somewhat.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks kims. No way my skin could tolerate it right now since it's a burning, hot mess but would love to try later on once my skin starts to calm down.

Here's another question. I have a few moderate to severe spots of hyperpigmentation and I've noticed that when I did the Vitalize peel and with the Obagi, those areas are the last to peel. I'm not sure if those damaged areas take longer to heal or what. The spots have an irregular shape and you can see a clear and distinct margin where the area around it has peeled but the skin on the hyperpigmentation is still intact. Has anyone else noticed this on their spots and/or know why it takes longer for them to slough? I can say that on the most severe spots, the texture of the skin is rougher than the normal/less damaged skin around it.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:48 am      Reply with quote
heyyyyyyyy everyone..I M BACK !!! Back from vacations....it took me 12 hours in the car to reach my vacation spsot and then 12 hours again to reach my home...During all this time i was in the car and so in the sun...
I feel now,that my skin is not looknig as clear as it was looking when i was leaving for the vacation so probably its because of the sun...Appled sunblock but didnt reapply it in the car,so is that the cause ?
Hoping to regain my beautiful skin soon since i have started my regimen...
Hope u alllll r fine Smile
Missed u girls Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen,
I'm sure your skin will be fine once you get back on your regular Obagi schedule. Hope you enjoyed your vacation. Welcome Back!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kristy,
I believe the areas of hyperpigmentation can be several layers deep -- if that makes any sense. And sometimes it takes a few skin cycles to really notice any difference. Other "superficial" areas seem to slough easier and they appear lighter a lot sooner.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome back Maheen! I hope that when you get back to your Nuderm routine that it will be a quick turn around for your skin. It could be just that you are having one of the not so good days with the Obagi too.

Kristy, not sure but maybe those hyperpigmented areas are tougher and a little bit more resistant to the products?

I have used the exfo at night for 2 nights now (started on Friday and risked going to work on Saturday) and I must say I'm liking it. My skin is a lot calmer during the day although Saturday I had big peels around my nasolabial area. Someone at work asked if I had sunburn Rolling Eyes Today it was a whole lot nicer! I have to start my regimen a lot earlier though coz these last couple of nights I've been going to bed pretty much right after the RA/blender combo. And I think I remember reading that that's not such a good idea?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
I've been going to bed pretty much right after the RA/blender combo. And I think I remember reading that that's not such a good idea?

It's fine, moosejavian. As long as your products have been thoroughly rubbed in, there is no problem.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Riley! For some reason I remember reading a while back that the products migrate while sleeping so I wasn't sure if that was going to cause any problems. I don't even remember which thread I read that.

Kristy, I was reading in another site and it showed pics of buried skin damage. It is amazing that what lies beneath skin that doesn't look too bad could be really damaged. So Kim is probably right that the damage is several layers deep and would take some time to improve. Here's the link to the pics:

http://www.reverseskinaging.com/buried-skin-damage.html
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:49 am      Reply with quote
MJ--I have seen similar images before on various dermatologist sites and skincare articles. At one point, I had some taken of my own face at my friend's medispa and yes it was alarming. That was 5+ years ago and my face has only gotten worse so I would hate see it now. But I hope Obagi will reverse some of that!

I can just tell from the texture of the skin and how dark some of the areas are that it is not just superficial damage. Unfortunately for me, most of my hyperpigmentation is post-inflammatory rather than from the sun so every time I get a new zit, hello dark spot.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Kristy, I'm the same way, my hyperpigmentation was from acne. Do you know if that runs deep as well? I still have some stubborn spots that hasn't gone away.
najlaali

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ladies,

I'm on my third week on obagi nuderm and i'm a little concerned

Question I noticed that certain parts of my face are getting darker than others and they look like a light brownish patch where the skin was especially red and raw.....it seemed to have changed from red to dark??????

Is this Normal or should i stop using the product....Please i need some feedback ASAP... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Thanks
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
najlaali wrote:
Hello ladies,

Question I noticed that certain parts of my face are getting darker than others and they look like a light brownish patch where the skin was especially red and raw.....it seemed to have changed from red to dark??????

Is this Normal or should i stop using the product....Please i need some feedback ASAP... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Thanks

najlaali, more information from you please. What is your age, color of your skin, are you using all the products in the Nu Derm range, etc.

If you are raw, though, you should not be applying the products on raw skin. Don't use the products in that area until the skin is no longer raw. Get some diaper rash cream (any zinc oxide based cream) and apply that to the raw spots. That should heal it in a few days.
najlaali

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
najlaali wrote:
Hello ladies,

Thanks

najlaali, more information from you please. What is your age, color of your skin, are you using all the products in the Nu Derm range, etc.

If you are raw, though, you should not be applying the products on raw skin. Don't use the products in that area until the skin is no longer raw. Get some diaper rash cream (any zinc oxide based cream) and apply that to the raw spots. That should heal it in a few days.

Thanks for the quick reply..

i'm 36 years old and have an light olive tone skin. I'm using the all the products in the obagi nuderm and i don't have any diaper rash cream!!!!! is that a must have?????

Rileygirl do u think that using diaper rash ointment is going to help the area that is already a bit dark???? also have any of u experienced that or have i done some damage to that area Sad Sad Sad
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |