Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
beginnig of 6th week....today skin is looking better ...happy with the results so far,,,again,,,,there is still room for improvement....by the way,,,,if i see very closely,,,i can still see few bumps on my cheeks,,,and when u squeeze them,,,,then there is a white pasty thing that comes out of it,,,,hmmmm is this whats called a white head ? i have them since years,,,,these bumps have a very small opening in the center...
Rileygirl or Kims...or anyone else out there,,,do u think after completing the 18 weeks,,,i wont have them ? are there any chances or i ll need someother treatment for them ?
thanks Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
am i going to get rid of the ones i already have,,,,by the end of 18 weeks ?
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:56 am      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
beginnig of 6th week....today skin is looking better ...happy with the results so far,,,again,,,,there is still room for improvement....by the way,,,,if i see very closely,,,i can still see few bumps on my cheeks,,,and when u squeeze them,,,,then there is a white pasty thing that comes out of it,,,,hmmmm is this whats called a white head ? i have them since years,,,,these bumps have a very small opening in the center...
Rileygirl or Kims...or anyone else out there,,,do u think after completing the 18 weeks,,,i wont have them ? are there any chances or i ll need someother treatment for them ?
thanks Smile

i think they are white head, and i have few too. some are dificualt to get out....would like to know what to do with them too
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:36 am      Reply with quote
yeah not sure if nuderm is finally going to get down to that layer and remove it or may be we can do the oil cleansing method...dont know if it will help or may be i should wait for another 6 weeks...
Hellenq...how r u doing so far ? any improvements ? which week is it for you ?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Riley girl and Kims where r u both ? long time havent heard from anyone of you...anyway i m just so excited to share this....u were right if i ll hang in there i ll evetuall be happy with what i ll get...
its been only 6 weeks and now i have reallr really started to see a good change in my skin...my skin is really improving...it has become much better than it was in the 4th or even 5th week...Fresher,,more even,,,more vibrant,,,overall more flawless....i m not hoping for the big acne scars to go away with nuderm but i knoew it since the beginnig so no worries...i m really happy cuz i m already seeing the results for which i have started this system..thanls alot for motivating me to continue using it...Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:03 am      Reply with quote
That's great maheen! Now, you may have days still where you swear you are going backwards, but it is all part of the process, so don't worry or get concerned, ok? Keep on doing what you are doing. To have results in 6 weeks is fantastic! Very Happy
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi maheen,
So Sorry I haven't been around as much! My computer is not working and we had to send it away for repairs Sad so I use my husband's whenever he's in town!! Such a hassle as I really enjoy checking EDS every morning with my coffee. Sounds like you're doing just fine; I also posted on the other thread as well.

I'll try to check in more often as my husband will be in town this week!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:55 am      Reply with quote
awww thanks both of yuou.... u guys are amazing....yes i just wanted to share this success with specially both of u since u r the ones to motivate me and everyone else in need Smile
I ll keep u updated with my progress...
Rileygirl,,u r right,,,,i might still get ups and downs but now since u told me it can happen,,,i wont be alarmed...i know its gonna be rewarding at the end...SmileSmileSmile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
how is everyone on obagi nuderm doing >?????
Everything is the same for me...
less of each problem...not completely gone though...there is still room for improvement Smile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, I am feeling a bit more of my bumps today, I'm hoping they are getting pushed out. But otherwise redness and peeling have pretty much disappeared. Although when I "blush" I feel my face gets really hot more so now than before.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Moose javian are u talking about the white heads that appear like bumps ?
Hmmm,,,i have noticed an increase in my white heads that appear like raised and greyish bumps...hmmm i have few on the rigth side of cheek that might be present before but the ones on left side look new....
Hmmm i still wanna see alot of improvement in my face...i knoow there r few days when i come onlnie here and i m really happy with the results but there r days when i m not happy...i know my skin is improving but when i apply nuderm or even wash my face,,there r areas of my face that gets pink in color and the rest of the skin is usual color yellowish...,,,so the pink and yellow mixutre appears as blotchiness and uneven tone...i dont like it...when i wake up in the morning,,,the redeness has completely subsided and the hwole face looks even toned but its only for a few minutes cuz after that i wash my face and it gets reddish fromosme places...
When would i get the WOW feeling that people talk about when they have used obagi nuderm...
Is it too early ? i have started my 7th week...

Moosejavian,,,probably this is only a phase and those bumps will not stay there for long,,,we have to concentrate on the end result probably by the 18th week...
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Riley girl and Kims,,,,,when u girls were using Obagi nuderm,,did u get the WOW feeling ever,,, may be at the end of the 3rd cycle ? Hmmm am i going to be one of those who never get that happiness ?
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Maheen, I agree with you, when I wake up in the morning and just after I splash my face with water only, the skin looks really good. Sometimes even after I have just applied the exfoderm, it looks really nice and then as the day goes on, the pores seem to get bigger and more noticeable again. I have 2 particular spots on my face that gets really red so last night I didn't put any tretinoin on that area just to give it a bit of a break, hopefully that will help. I am not sure if my bumps are white heads, I am thinking maybe they are my sebaceous hyperplasia? Maybe I will post a pic of it tonight. Maheen, maybe you can post a pic of yours too and we can compare?

I also have a question for those using Jane Iredale make up while on the Obagi. Which of the foundation products did you use or if you guys can share your make up list while on the Obagi, that would be awesome. Also because the JI has sunscreen protection in it, do you still use a different sunscreen before the make up?

I went to the local spa here where they sell JI products but didn't commit to buying yet. I wasn't sure if I wanted to get the liquid minerals foundation, the dream tint moisturizer or the powder foundations. I wasn't sure if the moisturizing properties in the liquid form will have an effect on the Obagi doing it's thing.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
Riley girl and Kims,,,,,when u girls were using Obagi nuderm,,did u get the WOW feeling ever,,, may be at the end of the 3rd cycle ? Hmmm am i going to be one of those who never get that happiness ?

u r not the only one i think, i am still waiting to see the result
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,
Sounds like everyone's having the typical ups and downs with Obagi! Smile I swear it's something new everyday, especially in the beginning! And since everyone's skin can react so differently, it's hard to know what to expect. Even on maintenance, I still have "good" skin days and "bad" skin days!

You know, I never did have the "Wow" feeling and I think it's because my results were very subtle and slow in coming. I think taking pictures along the way would be helpful so one could better asses their progress (I didn't do this.) However, I feel like my skin is continuing to improve. I don't have any new sun spots -- which is a big issue for me. To me, my skin isn't perfect, but it's better than it was. Remember, you guys are still early in the program and you're already having amazing results!

Re: Jane Iredale I use the loose powder and sometimes the pressed powder. I've never used the liquid, but my esthetician says it provides a nice, light coverage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
hey Mossejavian,,,good to hear from u...i dont know how to post pics here...could u plz tell me hpw to do that s that i an post pics of both sides of my cheeks that has those bumps...Smile
Hmmm i really really wanna get mineral makeup....i tried everyday and the shade matched me well but then i read on so many otehr forums that EVERday mineral is causing allergies and bumps on people"s faces ,,,thats the reason now i wont consider that brand,,,i was really happy that finally some company makes shades for my tone...
Well now i have tried Laura mercier at Sephora,tried 2 shades,,both r dark and not yellow at all...I am an asian and so my skin tone is more on a yellow side,,,need som foundation that has a yellow pigment in it....i wanna try two other shades of laura mercier,,hmm i think rich vanilla,,,honey and sand,,,,,i have heard they r on a yellow side...so lets see...if that doesnt match,,,i ll go to Jane iredale counter,,infact they sell it here in norddstorm"s spa....even if that doesnt match,,,i ll order earthen glow minerals....recently someone told me about meow cosmetics that make many different shades in yellow....
haha For me,,i want medium coverage ,,,since Obagi has faded most of the discoloration( except the red acne marks:( ) so i dont think i need a full coverage foundation,,,,for me Matching the foundation with my skin tone is the hardest part so i m still unsure what else to do ...Smile
Have u tried any min foundations ? i also want the loose powder form Smile
Hellenzq,,,,,,hmmm which week is this for u..? the 7th or the 8 th ?
I am still waiting....one day i wanna wake up and say wow when i look in the mirror Sad i wish that day comes sooner or later but it does...
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Kims......u r lucky,obagi did work for u and hopefully it will work for us as well,,,,,and u r right taking pics is a good way of keeping track of ur progress....i m not doing that either...but i thin i still can....
Well if u already using jane iredale,which shade do u use ? i m not sure how light is your complexion,,,my complexion is fair to mediumi and is on a yellow side...do u know which shade of jane iredale would match my skin tone...no its not necessary that u know Smile i m just asking cuz me be u do Smile
Nothing matches the yellow tone of my skin,,,i m sick and tired of applying that beige foundation on me,,,that finally gives a pinkish brown hue on me...looks very unnatural,,,i need something with a yellow in it...
thanks Kims SmileSmileSmile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, if you go on the JI website, they will describe the color of their products based on the Fitzpatrick classification. I had to google and read on this classification to find out what would match my skin. They claim that JI make up is very forgiving so shade matching isn't that important. If you are on Facebook, there is a fan page of Jane Iredale, they give good tips and I am sure you can ask them a question too.

Kims, as the day went on, I think I am liking the JI amazing base powder. It has an spf20. Do you still use sunscreen when you use their powders?
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, on the JI website they also have videos, it's a great site for getting tips! And on those videos they were saying that most people think Asians have warm undertones but really we have cool undertones! I would have to watch the videos again when the kids are in bed coz I am getting lots of distractions right now.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47721827@N08/4369636072/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47721827@N08/4369634786/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47721827@N08/4369632990/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47721827@N08/4368884679/
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, I think your skin is looking great! It looks like it's getting smoother and I don't see any blotchiness at all. The acne scars will probably take a long time to get rid of. I am not sure about the white bumps, really hard for me to see them. If they have white stuff in them then they are probably white heads. Mine don't seem to have any, so I'm thinking mine is sebaceous hyperplasia. Maybe you can google images of white heads or open/closed comedones and see if that is what you have(can't remember which one is black/white heads). The 6 wks have gone by so fast so it really is just a short time in this whole Obagi journey. I think we'll still keep seeing improvements!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Moosejavian....
yes u r right its too early to see the full improvement and i m more than sure it wil get much much better than the present at the end of 18th week....Probably we ll notice the biggest improvement from the 12th week or so,,that what many people say who have used it...so lets see Smile
and Yes my skin has become a ,lot smoother than before,,still not at all close to perfection ,,but how if it has showed improvemnt of 6 on the scale of 1 to 10,,then at the end of this journey i would like to see it atleast 8 : aaahhh i wish...
and yes they r white heads,,i could nt resist and i forced that cheezy stuff out of it,,,alot alot alot of stuff c ame out and they r flat now Smile aaah but i hate the acne scars,,,they look much more prominent than 6 weeks ago due to less blotchiness Smile dont know if its a good thing that blotchiness has gone Smile yeah i hated blotchiness...
Best of luck sweets...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Maheen, I think your skin is looking great! It looks like it's getting smoother and I don't see any blotchiness at all.

Ditto! Your skin already looks great!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:03 am      Reply with quote
thanks Riley girl....Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen,
I think your skin is looking really great, too! I don't see any blotchiness or discoloration at all. Thanks for posting your pictures as well. That takes a lot of courage!

Acne scars take a while to fade -- but they do get a lot better with using the Nuderm. You're right, you will most likely start seeing a great deal of progress after the 12th week.

RE: Jane Iredale I use the color Bisque. It's very light as I am pretty fair complected with warm tones. Even though it has an spf, I still use sunscreen under my make up.
*Maheen, for medium coverage, I prefer using the pressed powder instead of the loose mmu.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |