Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
moosejavian wrote:
Kristy, I think it is on this thread that Riley and Kim might have posted how long each products last. The products are at 57 g for the clear, blender, exfo. I know the Clear if you are using 1/2 gram each in the am and pm should only last you a month. The blender and exfoderm is only 1/2 gm per day so that technically should last 2 months.

Ok, I'm having a brain block. For the clear, I'm using 1/2 gram twice a day (am and pm), shouldn't that last me almost 2 months, not 1? 1/2 gram twice a day is 1 gram per day. There are 57 grams in the bottle, correct? So that would be 57 days?

Unless your derm specifically told you to use only 1/2 gram of Clear, you aren't using the correct amount. It is 1 gram of Clear twice a day. The Clear will last 1 month with the proper use.
Sydney
5% products discount

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reassurance Riley. I agree with you but just wanted someone else to say so!! Rolling Eyes
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ooops, crap, I can't do my math properly. Sorry about the confusion with the 1/2 gram to number of days calculation! No wonder I was thinking my exfo and blender lasted more than 2 months Laughing

Riley, in the Obagi and skincare-md website, it only says to use 1/2 gram of Clear???
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Ooops, crap, I can't do my math properly. Sorry about the confusion with the 1/2 gram to number of days calculation! No wonder I was thinking my exfo and blender lasted more than 2 months Laughing

Riley, in the Obagi and skincare-md website, it only says to use 1/2 gram of Clear???

They may have put that recommendation as it is not as aggressive, probably because there are a lot of people using it without a derm. The "regular" program calls for 1 gram of Clear twice a day, 1/2 gram of Exoferm, and 1/2 gram of Blender. However, I am sure there are less aggressive protocols out there floating around!
juls0630
5% products discount

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone. My derm told me to go to the blender/tret every other night because of the pain. What a difference! Grant it, the products still burn when applying them but not to the point of wanting to scream and run around like a crazy person. I just can't believe the peeling! Constantly! Am I going to have any skin left?

My hubby came home and said it is not as bad as I am making it out to be... so i could be being self conscious... which is me all the time.

So i forgot the name of the one who started this forum but I have read your past posts and it really helps me to see what you went through... your ups and downs. Thanks for posting all of that. I am going to hand in there and see what happens. As of now some brown spots have started to fade... but sometimes I swear they are not. My wrinkles are crazy ad I never had wrinkles before. But my skin is really dry, whcih I think is causing the wrinkles. Other than that I am good.. now that the pain has subsided a little. Thanks again for your support! You guys are great:)
Tia2010
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using half gram of blender with half gram tret gel(retin A) every other night. My derm wanted to start me slow... Well last night while talking and not paying attention ( typical Tia move Rolling Eyes )I put about a gram of Retin A in my hand , so I figured ...No big deal.

well today my face was swollen ! I'm not sure if it was the higher amount of tret gel or not , but it has never done that before...

So I am skipping a couple nights of retin to let my puffy face go down Laughing

Oh and to top it off I started a new eye cream ( Lumiere bio with PSP) and my eyes are puffy too Rolling Eyes But I can't tell if its from the eye cream or the over doing it on the retin.

My DH came home looked at me and tried not to laugh at me ... I'm a ridiculous site to behold! Laughing
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Tia, ouch, sorry about the swollen face! Just curious, your derm told you to use tret gel instead of the cream? I used gel for the first 11 wks because that was what I had and then when my overseas order came I switched to the cream. I'm not under the care of a derm, just got my family physician to prescribe tret for me and he wrote gel, I didn't even think that time to ask him to write cream for me.

I've always wondered whether using the gel was not as effective but if your derm advised you to use the gel then I guess I've done ok.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Juls,,,my name is Maheen and i started this topic Very Happy and yes it was for people like you who r comparitivel new,to help them so that they will know that what they r going thru is absolutely normal and now in my few lasts posts,they can also know that what they go thru really is worth it..Honestly,i never thought i ll be this happy with Obagi,,,still 5 weeks r left in completion of the 18 weeks but i know this is probably the end result and yeah may be it will get even better but i know what Obagi has done for me,,,and i know what i went thru in the first 12 weeks,,,things do get better after probably 4 weeks of start but what i have achieved now,,,it was nt here in those 12 weeks,,,
U ll be donig fine dont worry,,,and yes when u do get a bit irritated or u r not sure if Obagi is working on u,,u can come here and read all the posts ,not the only th eones i wrote but Kims,Riley,moose and everyone who used or is using Obagi...,,,then u wont be doubtful anymore and u ll be more encouraged and happy and will then concentrate on the end results....
Dont be disappointed and discouraged ever by the initial cruelty of Obagi,,,it will be paid off in gold coins ...hahahahaha....
Tk care ...Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
13th week
Another day of the 13th week,,,when i m loving my face Very Happy
The results of obagi that were not very consistent in the first 12 weeks of Obagi nuderm,,have become consistent in this 13th week,,it has never happeed to me before but my skin is not reverting to an ugly looking thing,instead the day passess and the night comes,and it looks ntohing but good Smile
tennistan

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies. I am also new to the obagi nu-derm systerm. I had the fraxel repair laser the first of november and had great results but still had some pigmented areas that I wanted to get rid of. I started with the obagi two weeks ago. I may be a little paranoid but my face is more red than any sunburn I have ever seen. The bridge of my nose is the most red. All the flakiness and peeling do not bother me but this amount of redness worries me. I am wondering if I should not have started this so soon after having the laser treatment. Any suggestions.
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I think I may have figured out why my face is on fire, products burn like battery acid, my face is as red as a fire engine, and my skin looks like leather. I have been applying more than the recommended amount of everything except the clear. I had read the 1/2 gram = length of first joint on pinky finger but never really compared that to the distance between the O-B-A on the packaging. I did that last night on MY pinky finger, the O-B-A is only 3/4 the length of that first joint. The clear doesn't burn upon application so I'll up that dosage to 1 gram but back off on the others that have been singeing my face.
juls0630
5% products discount

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Maheen - it really does help seeing that you and the others are getting fab results in the end. I am sticking with it!I may have to take a week off at the end of May since I am standing up in my sis wedding. Hopefully the peeling will be done by then. That would be the 6-7 week point. I am still peeling like crazy today even though I switched to every other with the blender/tret. I must have layers of old skin from years of not washing makeup off at night:( I will post some progress later... take care.
Julie
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Jules---you and I must be at the same point. I only about 2.5 weeks in my face is a mess. And yes, the burning and stinging when I apply the products, particularly in the morning is unbelievable. The clear only has some minor irritation, the exfoderm has a slight amount, but when I get to the Sunfader and the SPF, I have to stop and take a physical and mental break.

When I wake up in the morning, there is some redness in my face but by the time I finish with the spf it is a bright red that the zinc oxide in the spf doesn't even begin to mask.

I have thought about backing off on the frequency of the tretinoin/blender but I refuse to obtain anything other than maximum results out of this process given the emotional and physical duress this process has been and will be! lol

I feel your pain, sista....
bp

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi- I have been on Obagi NuDerm for 6 weeks- My skin looks burnt especially around the mouth/chin area, Its very dry and looks terrible, The rest of my face didnt go through this, I had peeling and redness but not so severe, I actually have wrinkles more than when i started! But that happened around my eyes too, and then they got better,smoother and less wrinkled, Is this normal?
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Kristy, a lot of us have found the sunfader to be the most irritating. I actually stopped using it very early on. It is HQ with chemical sunscreen, I just switched to a physical SS. Yeah, I guess not everyone's pinky finger is the same length! Mine was about the same to the OBA so I just used that.

Tennistan, welcome! Are you still under the care of a derm? Maybe you can consult with them about that. What I can say though is that the face does get really, really red! Do you have the cortisone cream? See if that helps.

BP, welcome! Yes, the mouth and chin area is a lot more dry than the rest of the face because of the constant movement there. I've always had peeling in that area even until now and I'm on my 13th wk. Not as bad as when I first started but there is still flakiness.

Jules, you can stop using the products several days before the wedding and just resume after. A lot of the girls have done that and was no problem.
Tia2010
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Tia, ouch, sorry about the swollen face! Just curious, your derm told you to use tret gel instead of the cream? I used gel for the first 11 wks because that was what I had and then when my overseas order came I switched to the cream. I'm not under the care of a derm, just got my family physician to prescribe tret for me and he wrote gel, I didn't even think that time to ask him to write cream for me.

I've always wondered whether using the gel was not as effective but if your derm advised you to use the gel then I guess I've done ok.

Yeah , I'm using the Retin-A Micro gel. This was my first time using any products like this , so I think she wanted me to use this one because its a time released gel so it isn't as harsh as some other retin creams. It seems to be working ...aside from my puffy face Embarassed
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:05 am      Reply with quote
bp wrote:
Hi- I have been on Obagi NuDerm for 6 weeks- My skin looks burnt especially around the mouth/chin area, Its very dry and looks terrible, The rest of my face didnt go through this, I had peeling and redness but not so severe, I actually have wrinkles more than when i started! But that happened around my eyes too, and then they got better,smoother and less wrinkled, Is this normal?

When your skin looks so terrible what do u tell others who ask "What's with ur face? " Cool
juls0630
5% products discount

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Its-kristy - I was told by my derm that it is ok to go to every other night with the blender/tret until your skin gets used to the product. I am doing that and still have a lot of peeling and slight stinging. So it is easier to be positive when the pain is not excruciating! You might want to try that for a week and see what happens. I plan on going back to every day eventually. I use the healthy skin spf 35 not the sunfader and I don't have burning bad when applying. Maybe you could look into that. I am only a little over one week into this but my skin reacted fast. Some people take a while to peel but i peeled the second day. Hang in there.. we can get through this together:)
BP - I have a lot of peeling around the mouth and chin..my lips cracked and I found Aquaphor helped that by the next day maybe try some of that around your mouth.. good luck:)
juls0630
5% products discount

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Moose - glad to hear I can go off it for a week without negative results... that would be embarassing flaking skin all over the guests..

Russiansunshine - I am so paranoid that when people look at me funny I just come out and tell them right away... dont really give them time to question it. I just tell them I am rejuvinating my skin:) I am turning 30 in two months so I tell them I plan on being 29 forever... I try to joke and laugh at myself. Helps a little:)
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Russian, a coworker had asked me if I had an allergy to something coz my face was all red! Then another asked me if I had eczema since I was peeling like crazy! I told them I am doing a skin care regimen to rejuvenate my skin just like Jules. Then they go "Oh, it looks painful". I just then say to myself, "Wait until this is done and I will have beautiful skin than anyone else!"
juls0630
5% products discount

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:55 am      Reply with quote
QUESTION!!! It is mid day and my entire face is peeling... can I wash and reapply sunscreen in the middle of the day. My husband is LAUGHING at me... well so am I cuz I look ridiculous! I really want to wash my face... what do ya think?
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Jules--like you, I announce immediately to anyone I have interaction with that I'm doing a intensive skin care regimen and to excuse my beet red face and peeling. I just throw it out there and get it over with. lol

If things don't calm down within the next week, I may try dropping the frequency of the tretinoin to see if that helps. At the end of my 2nd week, I actually stopped for a full week in anticipation of a vacation in Vegas. During that time I did everything except the blender/tretinoin. Starting it up again was similar to when I first started. Took a couple days for anything to happen but when it did, the acceleration to burning/stinging was immediate. Not quite as gradual as initially.

As for the Sunfader, I don't think that product personally causes me issues. I think it's due more to the fact that it's applied after the Exfoderm. When I skip Sunfader, the spf burns just as bad as the Sunfader.

I'm no expert here, but I don't see any problem in washing your face mid-day. The am products have already been absorbed. You may be able to gently massage your face and roll some of the dead skin off. Just make sure you slather the spf on afterwards.
juls0630
5% products discount

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I was hoping someone would say that. I know none of us are experts at it... but that was enough for me. I am off to wash my face.. bye bye flakes.. for like 10 minutes:)
midwestgirl_2010

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I had was started on the Obagi system by my dermatologist but recently I went to a plastic surgeon for botox and he started on Dermesse. I am really happy with what I am seeing and not getting the burning and redness yet my skin looks as good as with Obagi or better. Also, is less expensive which I love. Now my two sisters have started Dermesse and are very happy. Very Happy
midwestgirl_2010

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I was started on the Obagi system by my dermatologist but recently I went to a plastic surgeon for botox and he started me on Dermesse. I am really happy with the results I am seeing and not getting the burning and redness yet my skin looks as good as with Obagi or better. Also, is less expensive which I love. Now my two sisters have started Dermesse and are very happy. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |