Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:10 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:
kims, could be interaction, but I'm not sure with which products, my routine ( Vit C in the morning, CPs in the evening) has not changed...

Did you know that the blender has ascorbic acid in it? Do you use the CP at the same time as the RA/Blender? Maybe that, or is your Blender getting old? Just throwing stuff out there, as I have never had that happen either!

Contains 4% Hydroquinone in a base of water, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, PPG-2 myristyl ether propionate, sodium lauryl sulfate, TEA-salicylate, lactic acid, phenyl trimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, sodium metabisulfite, ascorbic acid, methylparaben, Complex 272 (saponins), disodium EDTA, BHT, propylparaben.

Rileygirl, I do use blender/Retin a and CPs at the same time of the day, but I remember having yellowish skin when using Retin A alone ( without blender)! Hm..
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:57 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Rileygirl, I do use blender/Retin a and CPs at the same time of the day, but I remember having yellowish skin when using Retin A alone ( without blender)! Hm..

Hmm is right! I don't know what else to throw at you at the moment! But, I will keep thinking about it and if anything hits me, I'll send it your way!
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone that has completed the full 18 weeks of Obagi , did you notice a change in the texture of the peeling/sloughing skin in the last 6 weeks? Up until a couple of weeks ago (I am in week 15), the skin that was sloughing off was very dry and scaley. Starting about a week ago, while the quantity of sking being sloughed remained the same, the texture changed to be much more like peeling skin from a sunburn. The skin peels off in sheets rather than flakes or scales, and is more,umm...?supple? It is certainly not as dry as before. I started using NIA24 sunscreen a couple of weeks ago, which is purported to reduce the side effects of retinoids so I'm wondering if the change in my skin is due to the niacinamide in the NIA or due to the natural, late-stage progression with Obagi.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kristy,
I don't have much of an answer for you. I didn't really peel "in sheets" until I was on maintenance, and I really don't know why I did then. I used the NIA24 sunscreen the entire time on Nuderm (sans the first six weeks) and just sort of "flaked" the whole time.

The only thing I did differently (when I peeled in sheets -- that I can think of) is applied the products right after washing my face and maybe not drying it thoroughly. I think having a damp face causes the products to penetrate more deeply. Just a thought...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:51 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Kristy,
I don't have much of an answer for you. I didn't really peel "in sheets" until I was on maintenance, and I really don't know why I did then. I used the NIA24 sunscreen the entire time on Nuderm (sans the first six weeks) and just sort of "flaked" the whole time.

The only thing I did differently (when I peeled in sheets -- that I can think of) is applied the products right after washing my face and maybe not drying it thoroughly. I think having a damp face causes the products to penetrate more deeply. Just a thought...

I am having the same exact experience. I am in my week 17. At the beginning my skin was extremely flaky, but right now, my skin rolls off when I wash it. It is still gets flaky in some areas like around my nose and lips ... I am glad that it is almost over ....
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:18 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Moosej,
Here's my routine:

A.M.
Obagi Cleanser C-RX
Obagi Vit C with 4% Hydroquinone
Clear
Sunscreen NIA24

P.M.
Cleanser
CP's Super CP serum
Clear
Exfoderm Forte
Blender/Retin a 0.05%

Eyes -- Alternating with MD Forte and Skinmedica TNS Eyes

I hope I haven't forgotten anything!

kims, how is this routine working for you?? Did you change anything ?
wawakiko

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Can any nu-derm users tell me if I can have facial done or use home mask during the repair process? I'm on my 5th week now...

Another question is my skin is getting thinner and thinner and the veins are showing much more on my entire face, should I stop using it?
My esthetician asked me to stop using nu derm as at the end my face will get all sensitive with regular skin care products, is that true?

Hope you guys can help! Thanks!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:58 am      Reply with quote
wawakiko wrote:
Can any nu-derm users tell me if I can have facial done or use home mask during the repair process? I'm on my 5th week now...

Another question is my skin is getting thinner and thinner and the veins are showing much more on my entire face, should I stop using it?
My esthetician asked me to stop using nu derm as at the end my face will get all sensitive with regular skin care products, is that true?

Hope you guys can help! Thanks!

I know some people use Nia 24 Skin Strengthening complex to combat this problem.
wawakiko

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:14 am      Reply with quote
[quote="RussianSunshine"][quote="wawakiko"]Can any nu-derm users tell me if I can have facial done or use home mask during the repair process? I'm on my 5th week now...

Hope you guys can help! Thanks![/quote]

I know some people use Nia 24 Skin Strengthening complex to combat this problem.[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know RussianSunshine, since it's a treatment moisturizer, should I use it after I'm done with the repair process?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
wawakiko, moisturizers can slow down the repair process, but if your skin is already very thin, then may be it's a good thing!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
kims wrote:
Hi Moosej,
Here's my routine:

A.M.
Obagi Cleanser C-RX
Obagi Vit C with 4% Hydroquinone
Clear
Sunscreen NIA24

P.M.
Cleanser
CP's Super CP serum
Clear
Exfoderm Forte
Blender/Retin a 0.05%

Eyes -- Alternating with MD Forte and Skinmedica TNS Eyes

I hope I haven't forgotten anything!

kims, how is this routine working for you?? Did you change anything ?

Hi RussianSunshine,
I've changed a lot of things in my routine since I last posted. I'm still using several of the Nuderm products: Clear, Exfoderm Forte, Blender/Retin a; but I'm only using them about 2 times per week.

Right now, I'm using 40 Carrots cleanser and Ole Henricksen night cream. The OH contains glycolic and lactic acids. I use it about every other night. I've switched to Relastin eye silk. The other combo I mentioned did nothing for the lines under my eyes so I'm trying something new. Don't know if it'll work any better!

Also, about 1-2 times per week, I just cleanse my face and do nothing else. Sometimes, I think my skin just needs a rest! Occasionally, I apply a very small amount of jojoba oil.

At this point, I'm still pretty much maintaining the results from Obagi.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:17 am      Reply with quote
kims, since you're able to maintain the NuDerm results, that's means your routine is working!Do u still use Nia24 Sunscreen?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:42 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
kims, since you're able to maintain the NuDerm results, that's means your routine is working!Do u still use Nia24 Sunscreen?

Sorry, I forgot to mention the sunscreen part!

I still use NIA 24, but I've also tried Sheseido and Burnout Clean and Clear. I've had good success with all three.

I also added NCN Pro Pumpkin Peel to my skincare routine. I use it every 2-3 weeks. It smells so incredible and my skin feels so soft afterwards!

I still think the most important thing you can do on maintenance is to stick with the Nuderm products (albeit, to a lesser degree) while integrating others that work for you while always using a high-quality sunscreen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:

I still think the most important thing you can do on maintenance is to stick with the Nuderm products (albeit, to a lesser degree) while integrating others that work for you while always using a high-quality sunscreen.

That's exactly what I do! Smile
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
kims wrote:

Kim, what is your Nuderm routine maintenance? I am finishing up my 18th week by the end of this week and I am not exactly what to do when on maintenance ... any advise? or could you please direct me to the appropriate thread ... Thanks
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
micka686 wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:
kims wrote:

Kim, what is your Nuderm routine maintenance? I am finishing up my 18th week by the end of this week and I am not exactly what to do when on maintenance ... any advise? or could you please direct me to the appropriate thread ... Thanks

Hi Micka,
Scroll up to one of my posts on Sun. Aug. 27 that contains a quote. My "maintenance" protocol was really similar to the regular Nuderm regime for a good while. One difference is that I started using Exfoderm Forte in the pm rather than the am. Also, I used quite a bit less of each product.

After awhile (I can't remember how long exactly) I started to incorporate a few other non-Obagi products into my routine. Obviously, the point of maintenance is maintaining your achieved results with as much or as little of the Nuderm products.

**Just a note, but I no longer use CP's on my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Micka,
Here's a maintenance protocol for Nuderm that I found on skincare-md.com:

Cleanser -- am and pm
Toner -- am and pm
Clear -- 2-3 times per week
Exfoderm -- 2-3 times per week
Blender/Retin A -- nightly
Sunscreen -- daily

Hope that helps!

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi RussianSunshine and Kims, did you guys do facial treatment or use any home mask during the repair process?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:

**Just a note, but I no longer use CP's on my face.

kims, may I ask why? Have noticed any skin changes since u stopped using CPs??

wawakiko wrote:
Hi RussianSunshine and Kims, did you guys do facial treatment or use any home mask during the repair process?

No, I have not done any facials since they most estheticians use a lot of moisturizing products.

The only home mask that I used was Pumpkin enzyme mask that rileygirl recommended for getting rid of the flakes.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:42 am      Reply with quote
wawakiko wrote:

Hi Wawakiko,
During the treatment process, I didn't do anything outside of the Obagi regime. I didn't get facials or use any at-home masks at all. Nor did I use any moisturizers. I just stuck with Nuderm! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi RS,
I mainly ran out of the serum and just didn't bother to reorder. While using CP's on my face, I really didn't notice any changes -- neither good or bad and no changes after I stopped.

However, I am using the Protect and Restore body lotion on my chest and it's really helping! I've got pretty serious sun damage on my chest along with some pretty deep wrinkling/lines from the way I sleep. After using it for around 3 months, the wrinkles are greatly diminished!!

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice from both RussianSunshine and Kims ^^

I was thinking to do a hydrating mask as my skin look like a snake =( But guess I should try the pumpkin enzyme mask instead, thanks for the tips! You guys help alot =)
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
so you are using blender/Retin A every nite for maintenance??
kims wrote:
Hi Micka,

Cleanser -- am and pm
Toner -- am and pm
Sunscreen -- daily

Hope that helps!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
azumma wrote:
kims wrote:
Hi Micka,

Cleanser -- am and pm
Toner -- am and pm
Sunscreen -- daily

Hope that helps!

Hi Azumma,
I'm also just using the Blender/RA 2-3 times a week along with the rest of the products.

I think that the reasoning behind using it nightly is so that your skin will stay acclimated to it and not have to repeatedly go through the "flaky" stage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kim. Does your skin get thinner?
kims wrote:
azumma wrote:
kims wrote:
Hi Micka,

Cleanser -- am and pm
Toner -- am and pm
Sunscreen -- daily

Hope that helps!

Hi Azumma,
I'm also just using the Blender/RA 2-3 times a week along with the rest of the products.

I think that the reasoning behind using it nightly is so that your skin will stay acclimated to it and not have to repeatedly go through the "flaky" stage.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |