Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:24 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Micka,
Here's a maintenance protocol for Nuderm that I found on skincare-md.com:

Cleanser -- am and pm
Toner -- am and pm
Clear -- 2-3 times per week
Exfoderm -- 2-3 times per week
Blender/Retin A -- nightly
Sunscreen -- daily

Hope that helps!

When they say to use clear 2-3 times per week, does that mean 2-3 *days* (both am and pm) per week or 2-3 applications per week?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:41 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
micka686 wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:
kims wrote:

I still think the most important thing you can do on maintenance is to stick with the Nuderm products (albeit, to a lesser degree) while integrating others that work for you while always using a high-quality sunscreen.

That's exactly what I do! Smile

Kim, what is your Nuderm routine maintenance? I am finishing up my 18th week by the end of this week and I am not exactly what to do when on maintenance ... any advise? or could you please direct me to the appropriate thread ... Thanks

Hi Micka,
Scroll up to one of my posts on Sun. Aug. 27 that contains a quote. My "maintenance" protocol was really similar to the regular Nuderm regime for a good while. One difference is that I started using Exfoderm Forte in the pm rather than the am. Also, I used quite a bit less of each product.

After awhile (I can't remember how long exactly) I started to incorporate a few other non-Obagi products into my routine. Obviously, the point of maintenance is maintaining your achieved results with as much or as little of the Nuderm products.

**Just a note, but I no longer use CP's on my face.

Thanks Kim, I am following your regiment ... I'm so glad I'm done with my 18 weeks ...
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Congrats on finishing your 18 weeks! I definitely think it's quite an accomplishment in its own. Good luck on maintenance! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:

When they say to use clear 2-3 times per week, does that mean 2-3 *days* (both am and pm) per week or 2-3 applications per week?

It is usually just 2-3 applications per week, Kristy.
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Great, thanks for the reply. Clear gets expensive at the 2x day rate!

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone use the Rosaclear system by Obagi? I'm incorporating that with the Condition & Enhance. This is my routine - does it sound like I am doing it in the right order?
AM:
Gentle cleanser from Rosaclear
Toner from Condition & Enhance
Metronidazole gel from Rosaclear
Elastiderm eye cream
Clear from Condition & Enhance
Corrector from Rosaclear
Sunscreen from Rosaclear

PM:
Elastiderm eye cream
Blender from Condition & Enhance

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated or if you could point me in the right direction Smile I read this whole string & learned so much from everyone's experiences. Thanks for posting them for us newbies!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:51 am      Reply with quote
astragold wrote:
Does anyone use the Rosaclear system by Obagi? I'm incorporating that with the Condition & Enhance. This is my routine - does it sound like I am doing it in the right order?
AM:
Elastiderm eye cream
Corrector from Rosaclear
Sunscreen from Rosaclear

PM:
Elastiderm eye cream
Blender from Condition & Enhance

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated or if you could point me in the right direction Smile I read this whole string & learned so much from everyone's experiences. Thanks for posting them for us newbies!

I don't use the Rosaclear, but it looks good to me. The only thing I would do is move the Elastiderm eye cream as your last step (but before sunscreen) in the morning and evening.

How are you liking the products from the Rosaclear? I am really interested in the sunscreen, but the Corrector looks interesting, as well!
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:35 am      Reply with quote
What is corrector? I can't find it from Obagi website
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:57 am      Reply with quote
azumma wrote:

http://www.dermstore.com/product_Hydrating+Complexion+Corrector_19196.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I am on Obagi maintenance.

Is it safe to use Neostrata smoothing cream (containing glycolic acid) and/or 8% Glycolic Acid toning solution when using Obagi products?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:33 am      Reply with quote
micka686 wrote:

Is it safe to use Neostrata smoothing cream (containing glycolic acid) and/or 8% Glycolic Acid toning solution when using Obagi products?

If your skin can tolerate such amount of glycolic acid, then why not? Mine cannot.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
micka686 wrote:

If you are going to use the Neostrata smoothing cream, I would not use the Exfoderm from Obagi, as that is the same thing (AHA).
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks
its_kristy wrote:
azumma wrote:

http://www.dermstore.com/product_Hydrating+Complexion+Corrector_19196.htm
eyecandi17
5% products discount

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I decided to get the Obagi nu derm system because i am at my wits end with my skin. My issue is not acne although i am acne prone. About 3 years ago i burned myself with Apple Cider vinegar based on some recommendations to use it as a natural toner. Having ethnic skin it left me with very bad post inflammatory hyperpigmentation when the scabs fell off. The skin underneath was pink and then quickly turned very dark, at this time i also didn't wear sunscreen. 1 mark is between my eyebrows and 2 marks on either side of my mouth.

In addition my skin is very blotchy and uneven due to different peels and products i've tried to use to fade the scars, all before i started to wear sunscreen. I'm tired of covering the scars with makeup i just want to get rid of them. And i desperately want my even skin tone back.

I started the system on sept 9th and so far my face is very itchy at times, tingly burny and just uncomfortable. I'm 20, I start school soon so this will be a tough program for me but i will try my best to stick it out for the full 18 week cycle. This is my routine:

a.m
Philosophy Purity cleanser(i was using this before the obagi came,it's gentle so i'm not sure it would make a difference to buy the obagi cleanser)
toner
clear
exfoderm forte
sunscreen

p.m
wash
toner
mix Retin a Micro 0.4% with Clear.(i decided not to get the blender because it's basically same ingredients as clear)

I haven't read through this entire thread yet, just the first few pages but i will finish today because i enjoy reading others journey, results and experience with it.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read, i know it's a long post.
karendempsey@hughes.net

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have been on the Obagi Nuderm for 1 week now. I am not red, peeling, nor is my face irriated. Is this normal? From what I have read, I should feeling some discomfort.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
karendempsey@hughes.net wrote:
I have been on the Obagi Nuderm for 1 week now. I am not red, peeling, nor is my face irriated. Is this normal? From what I have read, I should feeling some discomfort.

First, make sure you are using the correct amount for all the products. But, at only 1 week in, it is very normal not to have any reactions. Give it a few more weeks. Some people don't have irritation at all and others have a really tough time. So even if you never get any visible peeling, the system is working. Good luck.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
eyecandi17 wrote:
Hi everyone, I decided to get the Obagi nu derm system because i am at my wits end with my skin. My issue is not acne although i am acne prone. About 3 years ago i burned myself with Apple Cider vinegar based on some recommendations to use it as a natural toner. Having ethnic skin it left me with very bad post inflammatory hyperpigmentation when the scabs fell off. The skin underneath was pink and then quickly turned very dark, at this time i also didn't wear sunscreen. 1 mark is between my eyebrows and 2 marks on either side of my mouth.

In addition my skin is very blotchy and uneven due to different peels and products i've tried to use to fade the scars, all before i started to wear sunscreen. I'm tired of covering the scars with makeup i just want to get rid of them. And i desperately want my even skin tone back.

I started the system on sept 9th and so far my face is very itchy at times, tingly burny and just uncomfortable. I'm 20, I start school soon so this will be a tough program for me but i will try my best to stick it out for the full 18 week cycle. This is my routine:

a.m
Philosophy Purity cleanser(i was using this before the obagi came,it's gentle so i'm not sure it would make a difference to buy the obagi cleanser)
toner
clear
exfoderm forte
sunscreen

p.m
wash
toner
mix Retin a Micro 0.4% with Clear.(i decided not to get the blender because it's basically same ingredients as clear)

I haven't read through this entire thread yet, just the first few pages but i will finish today because i enjoy reading others journey, results and experience with it.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read, i know it's a long post.

Obagi will not work on actual scars. It will fade hyperpigmentation, though and help you with an even skin tone.

You need the Blender to mix with the RA Micro. There is a difference and it is the Blender that has been specifically formulated to help the RA penetrate into the deeper layers of your skin.
karendempsey@hughes.net

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the reply. How much amount of each product, Obagi Nuderm, am I suppose to be using? Should I add another product to help start the peeling process? Again, Thank you!
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Is it safe to use Aspirin mask while on Obagi Nuderm maintenance? Does anybody know?
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Congrats on finishing your 18 weeks! I definitely think it's quite an accomplishment in its own. Good luck on maintenance! Smile

Thanks so much. It was very difficult, but I did it Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
micka686 wrote:
Is it safe to use Aspirin mask while on Obagi Nuderm maintenance? Does anybody know?

You can usually use anything in the maintenance phase, so you should be ok.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
karendempsey@hughes.net wrote:
Thank you for the reply. How much amount of each product, Obagi Nuderm, am I suppose to be using? Should I add another product to help start the peeling process? Again, Thank you!

No, you don't want to add anything, Karen. Just let it happen naturally. Believe me, if you start the peeling and redness, you will wish you were one that it didn't happen to!

Here are the amounts to use. To measure, you can use the joints on your pinky finger or the letters OBAGI on the bottles. 1/2 gram is distance between the O and the A on the bottle. If you measure on your pinky finger, you go from the tip of your pinky down to the 1st joint. 1 gram is the distance between the O and the I on the bottle, and on the pinky finger it is from the tip of the finger down to the 2nd joint. These are not thin little lines either. Think toothpaste, ok?

So, Clear should be 1 gram twice a day. Exfoderm is 1/2 gram once a day. Blender is 1/2 gram mixed with 1 gram of the retinoid you are using. If you use the correct amount and you don't peel, consider yourself one of the lucky ones! Even if you don't peel/flake all over, you most likely will around your mouth area, as that is the area on the face with the most movement. Good luck!
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Karendempsey, I had no reaction at all for the 6 weeks when I first tried nu derm (without Retin A at that time- I didn't know that,,I just order the Nu derm set from here EDS site, and that set didn't include REtin A..that is why I didn't use Retin A hahaha . But Riley recommended to add Retin A cream mixed with Blender and to use the correct amount Very Happy Very Happy ,,,,and then I started to peel like others Laughing ..so be patient and just follow the regime with correct amount...
eyecandi17
5% products discount

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Obagi will not work on actual scars. It will fade hyperpigmentation, though and help you with an even skin tone.

You need the Blender to mix with the RA Micro. There is a difference and it is the Blender that has been specifically formulated to help the RA penetrate into the deeper layers of your skin.

Thanks for replying rileygirl. Hmm I'm not sure i want to use the Blender i've heard a couple bad reviews on it claiming it made people breakout and cause blackheads and its greasy etc Sad , so i was hoping i could avoid using it. My skin is extremely acne prone and the clear formula doesn't break me out at all. Is the blender an absolute must? lol i'm just really nervous to buy it and end up regretting it

oh and the scars are not actual scars, they're post inflammatory hyperpigmentation left there when the scabs from the burns fell off, so the skin in those areas are very dark
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think you'll regret buying the Blender; the products really are intended to be used together and you'll probably get better results.

Nuderm is great for pigmentation issues. Keep us posted on your progress!

Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |