Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
littlepleasance wrote:
So I've read that you need to have retin A in order for the nuderm system to work properly... is that true?

Do I need to see a dermatologist to get a prescription for retin A? Could I see results without using the retin A?

I am guessing nu derm is not something to use long term. So what is suggested after doing the nuderm treatment?

Yes, Retin A is a huge part of Nu Derm. You need a Rx in the states, but a lot of people order on line from overseas.
eyecandi17
5% products discount

Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:12 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Eyecandi,
At first, I used retin a prescribed by my doctor and now I use one from ADC. I know formulations can differ so I don't really know which one is better.

It sounds like the Obagi retin a is a bit stronger for you than the micro. Are you also using the Exfoderm? I know this helps with exfoliation. I don't think I would do a peel right now.

How far are you into the Obagi regime?

ty kims and everyone else for replying, i'm a little over 2 weeks into the regimen.

I think the retin a micro was stronger but i can only assume i might have had better results with it because it peeled my face faster , the bad effects went by so quickly that i didn't have time to dwell on it much,so i was getting results much quicker, hyperpigmented areas peeled off much faster. The cream makes the process seem long and drawn out. I am using Exfoderm, i switched from forte to regular

Is it ok to switch to the retin a gel(not micro)? would that be ok mixed with the blender? or would i just have bump up to the 0.1% to speed this along.

btw i did the peel, i stopped retin a 2 days before and resumed it the night after the peel, i didn't stop use of the other products though. I must say my skin is looking a lot more even now
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I already submitted a post, but something went wrong. I just started Obagi Nuderm a few days ago at a different salon from where I have had facials from a woman for over 15 years. The salon person said I do not need to have facials right now. I realize I might not NEED facials but I am wondering if it would harm anything to have a gentle facial while on Obagi. I prepaid for a package of facials and don't feel like putting them on hold or abandoning the woman who does my facials, as I am quite loyal Smile The tricky part here is that the woman who does my facials is not an Obagi fan as she thinks it is too strong but again I still want to see her for a facial. Thanks for any input!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Gaby wrote:
I thought I already submitted a post, but something went wrong. I just started Obagi Nuderm a few days ago at a different salon from where I have had facials from a woman for over 15 years. The salon person said I do not need to have facials right now. I realize I might not NEED facials but I am wondering if it would harm anything to have a gentle facial while on Obagi. I prepaid for a package of facials and don't feel like putting them on hold or abandoning the woman who does my facials, as I am quite loyal Smile The tricky part here is that the woman who does my facials is not an Obagi fan as she thinks it is too strong but again I still want to see her for a facial. Thanks for any input!

I don't think a facial would hurt your progress, as long as it is gentle.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Eyecandi,
I've heard several people mention that it's difficult to mix the gel with the Blender, but I've never used it. I always stuck with the retin a cream. I don't know if you should bump up to 0.10% too fast. You might want to let your skin acclimate first.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:06 am      Reply with quote
zhoushuhappy wrote:
I am using obagi one set for my spots. I find obagi retin A is too expensive, can i use the other brand Retin A product to instead? Are they the same results?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:10 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
zhoushuhappy wrote:
I am using obagi one set for my spots. I find obagi retin A is too expensive, can i use the other brand Retin A product to instead? Are they the same results?

Definitely. You do not have to use the Obagi brand of Retin A. Just make sure you get the cream version!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:03 am      Reply with quote
i m fine Smile hope u girls are good too Very Happy
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
i m fine Smile hope u girls are good too Very Happy

Hi Maheen,
Are you still using Nuderm? Are you on maintenance at this point?

Glad you're doing well! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
hey nooooooooo i m not using obagi but i m about to start an 8 week regimen again and form there i ll go on maintenance.....i last completed the 13 week cyycle and since then i have been lazy as hell........but my skin is not that bad,,it has never reverted to the point wher eit was before i started obagi,,,,,,it is much btter :
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
hey nooooooooo i m not using obagi but i m about to start an 8 week regimen again and form there i ll go on maintenance.....i last completed the 13 week cyycle and since then i have been lazy as hell........but my skin is not that bad,,it has never reverted to the point wher eit was before i started obagi,,,,,,it is much btter :

That's great that your skin has stayed in good condition!

I'm working on a six-week course of full Nuderm as well. I got a little lazy with the sunscreen and wasn't quite as diligent as I should have been. So....I got a smattering of freckles across my forehead that I need to deal with. Hopefully, it won't take any longer and then I'll go back on maintenance!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:30 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
havana8 wrote:
zhoushuhappy wrote:

Definitely. You do not have to use the Obagi brand of Retin A. Just make sure you get the cream version!

thanks very much! I will try another brand, because in my country, one Retin A just $10.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:33 am      Reply with quote
hello everyone, i am wondering a thing, can i use eye cream during using obagi? Because i heard some report said it should not use any eye cream.,
Is it right? do you use eye cream during use obagi and which step for the eye cream?

i am using obagi for 3 weeks, and find the clear is not enouth, becasue every time, it should be used 0.5g, and twice daily. Other staff only use 0.5g per day.
How do you solve the problem? To buy one set again or just buy clear? I find to buy only a clear is too expensive and one set price is reasonable.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I use the Obagi Elastiderm eye cream and really like it. I use it both morning and night after I have applied the other products. It has helped with the dark circles under my eyes and I hope it helps with firmness, elasticity and wrinkles.

Not sure about the clear, I use the whole nuderm system.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:
I use the Obagi Elastiderm eye cream and really like it. I use it both morning and night after I have applied the other products. It has helped with the dark circles under my eyes and I hope it helps with firmness, elasticity and wrinkles.

Not sure about the clear, I use the whole nuderm system.

thanks, and i wonder use eyecream or not now...The clear means the nuderm clear.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Sorry Zhous, I now understand what you were asking, that since you use the Clear twice a day, you will run out of it before you run out of the other products. You can search the internet, I did find one place that sells the products for 20% off, but you still have the question of buying the whole set or just clear. If you plan on continuing to use Obagi, I would just buy the whole set and maybe use the Clear a little more spareingly. Once you get your skin in better shape, you can use less amounts of the products than you do at first.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:
Sorry Zhous, I now understand what you were asking, that since you use the Clear twice a day, you will run out of it before you run out of the other products. You can search the internet, I did find one place that sells the products for 20% off, but you still have the question of buying the whole set or just clear. If you plan on continuing to use Obagi, I would just buy the whole set and maybe use the Clear a little more spareingly. Once you get your skin in better shape, you can use less amounts of the products than you do at first.

The clear take very important part in the whole course, so i can not use it very small amount,maybe the producer think this problem and produce the clear in 120g. haha.
I think i will continue use obagi because it really improve my spots during the 3 weeks.Thanks!Please give me the website which has 20% discount.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wasn't sure if I could post a link to another website or not?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:

Sure you can Ms. buffy Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, great!
www.lepetiteskinboutique.com
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
buffy45 wrote:

Sure you can Ms. buffy Smile

How can I do this?
littlepleasance
5% products discount

Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Are you supposed to use the Clear twice a day? On the bottle it says "AM/PM" so I'm assuming this means it's meant to be used twice a day??

Anyway, I wanted to ask: is it ok to use the Clear along with the Blender at the same time? I just noticed my Clear contains Hydroquinone USP, 4% and the Blender I'm about to order ALSO has the same amount of Hydroquinone. Is it ok to have both products containing hydroquinone to use on my skin!??
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Question: Can one use Nuderm system for maintenance during pregnancy? If not, what about using some of the products and not the whole system? How long before pregnancy does one have to stop the system? Any advice?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
micka686 wrote:
Question: Can one use Nuderm system for maintenance during pregnancy? If not, what about using some of the products and not the whole system? How long before pregnancy does one have to stop the system? Any advice?

No you can't use the Nu Derm system when pregnant. Neither Retin A nor Hydroquinone is advised. You should check with your doctor as to when to stop the products. The safe products from Nu Derm when you are pregnant would be the cleanser, toner, Exfoderm, and the sunscreen.
jackiet_mcc
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi All,
I haven't been in the forumfor a while. I just wanted to make you all aware of some youtube videos I found yusterday by Mr. Obagi.
One is called la Costa and has parts 1-4. The other set is called PBS video parts 1-3. These videos are presented by Mr. Obagi himself, and I found them to be very helpful and informative in understanding exactly what's happening with the process and how it's different from other products. Having used the product since 1993 I can only say that the products will stop your skin from aging. No matter wat the cost, I will always use the nu derm system. This t ime when I go on maintenance I'm going to incorporate some of the Zo products, particularly the sun screen. Mr. Obagi said he put melinin (??) in it I always always use the healthy skin but I'm going to try the Zo as well.

If you look at the 17 videos under his channel, zoskinhealth1, there are other videos that
you might find intereesting as I did. Particularly the one that show a 76 year old woman who has been using the products for years.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |