Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Is facial exercise any good?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
KayS - I do two different programs (actually more than that but two consistently)... - but that's me. I'm not a trainer for any specific place so I'm probably more open to look around and pick and choose. I consider facial muscles similar to the body in that I like to change things around, keep the muscles guessing and I can do that more easily using more than one program. If you've ever seen Deb Crawley's results - she looks great and from just one program.
As for me... I love Flex Effect and Ageless if You Dare (Lou Lou who created Ageless looks great using her program too - and she started with FE previous to using hers) and there are many on-line freebies that are great too. No need to spend a bundle. (Eva Frasier, Carol Maggio, Lea Eigard to name a few to check out)

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:00 am      Reply with quote
I have the Ageless book and I just ordered Flex Effect and am planning on doing the exercises that I think will benefit me the most. I more than likely will not do all of them especially the ones that have you move the jaw. I plan on building my cheek and lower face area. If it gets off balance then I will incorporate other exercises if my lower face gets to built up I will back off it all comes down to common sense.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:55 am      Reply with quote
My only recommendation at this juncture with Spot training, is to learn how the muscles of the face interact... and what parts of the face they effect.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for pointing that out, I will look at a diagram of the musculature of the face and see what muscles interact with the cheeks.
chitchat
5% products discount

Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
KayS

You made the right move Very Happy FlexEffect is the most complete training there is. I understand the theory behind Ageless (just need to lift the cheeks) but I’m sorry, it just doesn’t work for a complete SMOOTH lift of the face. I’ve been training for a very long time and I know what I'm talking about. (getting certified) Once you get your program you’ll see what I mean. It takes a hell of a lot more than just lifting the cheeks.

I spoke to Deb Crowley (FlexEffect) yesterday on this very subject. The gist of her response was:

‘Cheek muscles don’t blend into surrounding muscles. A person just building the cheeks will develop huge cheeks but will also find FUROWS where there should be BLEND from other muscles.

Read some of the posts on the Ageless forum you will see there are those having that very problem.

Once you start your FE training and you are looking for even fuller cheeks you can get that by joining Cheek Boot Camp found in FE’s workshop. See you at FlexEffect Very Happy
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am very excited about FE. I am assuming that there is not much pulling the skin away from the muscle like in Ageless. I do not know it is just from what I gather from reading other posts.
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
chitchat wrote:
KayS

You made the right move Very Happy FlexEffect is the most complete training there is. I understand the theory behind Ageless (just need to lift the cheeks) but I’m sorry, it just doesn’t work for a complete SMOOTH lift of the face. I’ve been training for a very long time and I know what I'm talking about. (getting certified) Once you get your program you’ll see what I mean. It takes a hell of a lot more than just lifting the cheeks.

I spoke to Deb Crowley (FlexEffect) yesterday on this very subject. The gist of her response was:

‘Cheek muscles don’t blend into surrounding muscles. A person just building the cheeks will develop huge cheeks but will also find FUROWS where there should be BLEND from other muscles.

Read some of the posts on the Ageless forum you will see there are those having that very problem.

Once you start your FE training and you are looking for even fuller cheeks you can get that by joining Cheek Boot Camp found in FE’s workshop. See you at FlexEffect Very Happy

Hmmm.

Your post is starting to make a whole lot of sense to me.

We all are looking for the magic bullet, at least I am, and I thought I had found it. I agree that there has to be a happy medium, where nothing is neglected, and I've finally learned this the hard way.

Obviously, what works for one does NOT work for everyone.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
chitchat wrote:
KayS

Chitchat - Are you a trainer at FE?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
chitchat wrote:
KayS

Actually to be fair - there are LOTS of posts on FE complaining of many facial issues from Flex Effect training. Let's not point fingers here. These things happen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
My only recommendation at this juncture with Spot training, is to learn how the muscles of the face interact... and what parts of the face they effect.

I think chitchat from your forum brought that up for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
chitchat wrote:
KayS

I spoke to Deb Crowley (FlexEffect) yesterday on this very subject. The gist of her response
was:

Chit chat - You may not realize it but you sound like you are advertising for Deb Crowley at FE and I know she would not want this. You have openly insulted the theory of one of the best trainers and success stories of FE ever - sounds like sour grapes. Lou Lou was very successful before you and she has branched out using her own successful belief system and not without her own substantial reaons. Lou Lou would not advocate a program if she thought a SMOOTH (as you wrote)lift of the face would not happen. LouLou has a program based on what she knew or believed from her time with facial exercises and FE. A different philosophy of course but for those of us who look around and value our own opinions we know what we want and are appreciative of the options. Give us your truth and we will decide. Lou Lou,Claudia, and SeanySean have been very fair and open to allowing other training options. With your desire to be a trainer it will be good for you to venture out a bit. There is a world out there for facial growth beyond FE.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:

I think chitchat from your forum brought that up for you.

???

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have only been hanging out on this forum since April and have been soaking up the info, so I appreciate how generous everyone is. On the flip side, it really bugs me when I run across a poster (rare, fortunately) who seems to be here for the sole purpose of promoting a product. How dumb does she (he? it?) think we are?

I have been checking out the various face exercise programs (bought Loulou's book, have Carole Maggio's book) but this kind of sleazy hyperbole makes me disinclined to consider investigating FE.
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm I agree that chitchat's comments seem a tad too transparent. It's a bit insulting to the intelligence of most posters as we can see right through it. However, it would be a shame to disregard FE based on that as it truly is a great program. And to be fair to chitchat, I think that the blending comment may have merit. I have only recently reintroduced bottom furrow and tight upper lip adv into my repertoire and I think it has helped to 'lessen' the valley between the cheek and mouth.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:49 am      Reply with quote
i think A facial exerciser that helps to improve appearance with facial exercising, facial toning and strengthening facial muscles, reducing lines and eliminating
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Give me an example of some "facial issues" by doing the FE program.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Complaints usually have to do with change in wrinkling or crepiness around the eyes, some don't like the expressions which pull the mouth downward believing they create different types of furrows, ... and other such things.
Actually I haven't been on the FE forum lately but when you get in you can see some of the headings that refer to what I mean. Look around they are there.
My take on all of this is for most of us there is a period in which our faces adjust and sometimes you look worse before you begin to look better. The trainers on FE tell you this also which surprised me that it would be brought up about Lou's program....

So, essentially KayS don't be surprised if you see things happening to your face which appear to be troublesome but remember they are temporary and if you persevere you will work right past them. I Think Sean or Claudia could explain this very well if they are available to weigh in.
Also, as time goes on you can alter your program as you see fit. I've said this on other threads but for example: I don't work lips everytime - maybe twice a week only. I always do cheeks and eyes and for NL folds and neck. I work cheeks extra hard I'd say. And that is what works for me.

Hermosa - FE is a good program. It's worth it to add to your repertoire at some point. Ageless and Carole Maggio are enough to get you going and to see great results though. If in time you are ready to add something new and different, I'd go for it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I've been doing Ageless exercises since mid December 2008...

and I've definitely build up my cheeks, which draws attention away from lower face sag (especially when my face is animated in smiling, talking, etc.)

however I have definitely also gotten deeper wrinkles in my mid-face/ cheek area..so I would have to challenge the idea, often put forth as a 'truth', that wrinkles never deepen as a result of facial exercises.

now, I am almost 64, and my facial tissue is not as supple as when I was younger (for other women who are my age or older, whose skin may be more supple then mine, this may not be an issue for them)..

but nonetheless I do want to say that deeper wrinkles are a possibility, depending on the nature and condition of one's skin tissue..

however, I had decided when I began the program that what was most important to me was eliminating sag (or at least the appearance of sag, through drawing attention upward toward rounded and firm cheeks) and I was willing to live with more wrinkles if that was the trade..

it may or may not be possible to soften these wrinkles as I continue 'training'..since they dissipate when I manually, gently pull my facial tissues upward..so perhaps more lifting of my facial tissue through further building of my cheek muscles over the years to come will do the trick....

but nonetheless I am still extremely pleased with my results.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
KayS wrote:

Pouches outside of mouth
Masculine looking jawline
Crepy undereyes from massage
Lines where none were previously

These are just a few observations I recall hearing repeatedly, I'm probably missing some.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
KayS wrote:

Kay, on the FE public forum I was reading several posts yesterday from women who were long time 'flexers' who were saying that when they began their program, doing the exercises, as recommended, every day was detrimental to them..breaking down beneficial youthful fat deposits in their face, etc (one woman was saying, permanently, so that she now needs fillers)...and that it would have been better had they known what they know now..not to flex every day..even at the beginning of the program....

now this goes against the grain of what others say, including trainers, about the flex effect program (best to do it every day at the beginning, etc)..

so.. I'm not so much saying anything about the 'correctness' or not of these women's posts..just that this has been the reality for them..the reality for their own particular facial tissue and facial 'karma'

..and that all of us have to pay unique attention to what is beneficial, or not, for our own facial tissue, structure, karma, beauty.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
With more aggressive facial programs there is a lot of change going on in the face. The older we are the more time it will probably take to achieve the change we desire. I would give my face a year or so to come together.....I know that sounds scarey but it takes time and diligent exercising and massage to achieve what you want without the knife. Also, as been stated before, sometimes we go though awkward periods before it all comes together. There are members on the Flexeffect forum that have been flexing for years and can confirm this can be a normal process. Many people bail out before they get fully baked!!! Laughing

5% products discount

Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
toby wrote:
"Many people bail out before they get fully baked!!!"

You're so right Toby. But have you ever noticed how many come back when the good changes they weren’t aware of begin to fade?

Mostly overbuilding comes to mind when asking about FE’s training issues. I think most people starting out in FlexEffect are just not fully convinced in the beginning that they are seriously going to build muscle. Some are really taken back when changes begin to take place that are not quite what they were expecting right off the bat. But, just like bodybuilding you eventually come to a new understanding of your body (face) and adjust your training from there.

If it didn’t pan-out in the long run, Deb and Loulou would not look the way they do today Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
What would really be refreshing to me, is a little honesty from folks like Deb, Lou Lou, Carol Maggio etc.. and anybody else with a vested interest in facial exercise programs.. (LouLou is the most forthcoming in my opinion.)

Does anybody here really believe that any of them use no other measures but facial exercise to retain the *youthful* look?

Is it only everybody else on the planet that also needs tools, gadgets, fillers and a cosmetic tweaking here or there, in addition to the exercise? And even after all that, the search continues. Lots of members here swear by facial exercise, but I don't recall even one of them who doesn't have several other things in their bag of tricks.

I'd have much more respect and belief in a person/program who said, "wow, the exercise is great, but the result is even better when such and such is added"..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with you!

I don't think Deb's had anything done, I get the feeling she'd be honest about it if she did.

Now, Carole Maggio......that's a whole other deal, as well as Cynthia Rowland....has anyone visited her website lately??

OMG.

I think these two women have had everything just short of PS, such as Botox, fillers,Thermage, Threadlifts, ect, so as to legally being able to say "I've not had PS".

I think anyone who's done ex's for any length of time will get some results, but NOT the look these two women have.
chitchat
5% products discount

Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
In Deb’s book Pg 28 she says.

“…. as I said earlier in the book, there are several products on the market that can do wonders with the skin. Below is a brief description of products I consider to be effective. I highly recommend experimenting with them, then incorporating those of your choice into your training regime.”

She recommends Retin-A, Peptides, MSM etc.

I took this from her website:

“…if the elements have really taken a toll or you happen to have an excessive amount of sagging skin, you may want to consider cosmetic surgery. I recommend at least six months of Facialbuilding before facial surgery. This will allow you to regain as much lost lean mass as possible, put vitality back into the tissue, and help speed your recovery. After your surgery, jump back into your training and DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!”

She has said over and over again FE is not a magic bullet it takes a lot more than training to keep a youthful face. I really don’t think anyone here who really knows FE will refute this. Deb also swears she has never had any form of cosmetic surgery or procedures done on her face or neck. The close-up photos of Deb without make-up should say plenty at least to those who know what to look for. Someone said they could tell by her ears that she hadn't had surgery, whatever that means?? Still in the same place? Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |