Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Is facial exercise any good?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
pleiades wrote:

Thank you Moonstone!Smile Honestly, the first thing I noticed, a few weeks into the exercise, was that it felt slimmer in that area. I believe within a couple months, I could really see a marked difference from the right side. A piece of fluff landed on my nose and you know that little cross-eyed thing we do looking at it, well there it was, or wasn't....the bump appeared to have gotten smaller.

So I figured it had to have been the result of the nose pump ex. The only thing I can assume is that the ex must be pushing up the cartilage to *fill* in the 'saddle' between the bone and the tip. Perhaps one of our esteemed ladies here can offer a legitimate physiological explanation as I have no clue.

Anywho, girl, get him to do it, it certainly isn't going to harm him and I'm willing to bet he will be very happy with his results.
Smile

Thanks for your prompt response, pleiades!!! I will coax him into doing the exercise for a while to see what's gonna happen... I will definitely keep u posted if it works. Wink
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:27 am      Reply with quote
I had to go and get my book, and you know I did make this mistake once thinking the same thing Linda, but they are very different. With Loli's your going after all the muscles. With Cynthia's she doesn't go after such a large grouping (although I think this one does your caput. so maybe thats why its in your memory).

Also the count is way different. Looks similar but feels way different - girl take my word for it!

Theresa
Linda Lou wrote:
Can I just sneak in here and say this????

Not to take a thing away from Loli, as she's dear, an so helpful, but her 3/1 exercise is a near ringer for Cynthia Rowlands one for the cheeks..........insert your fingers in the mouth under the n/l fold, pull down and smile up towards the outer cheeks.

Just sayin'.
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:22 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I had to go and get my book, and you know I did make this mistake once thinking the same thing Linda, but they are very different. With Loli's your going after all the muscles. With Cynthia's she doesn't go after such a large grouping (although I think this one does your caput. so maybe thats why its in your memory).

Also the count is way different. Looks similar but feels way different - girl take my word for it!

Theresa
Linda Lou wrote:
Can I just sneak in here and say this????

Not to take a thing away from Loli, as she's dear, an so helpful, but her 3/1 exercise is a near ringer for Cynthia Rowlands one for the cheeks..........insert your fingers in the mouth under the n/l fold, pull down and smile up towards the outer cheeks.

Just sayin'.

Thanks TheresaMary.

I just hate doing any exercise that pulls downwards these days!

Sorry if I confused Loli's with CR's...in my memory, it just seemed similar.

Linda
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:45 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:

Especially Vangirl who likes to poke fun at the arrival of the "amazing facial beauty mitt" & Cynthia Roland's white gloves.

Apologies if that offends you Aprile, but I can't help getting a giggle out of "the amazing facial beauty mitt" & "the white gloves." To me, they're gimmicks. I'm hazarding a guess here but I think most of the women posting on this thread are of a certain age and have spent a dastardly amount of $ on all kinds of lotions, potions and gimmicks to try and maintain their looks. I'm guessing -- again -- that most of us have been disappointed. So when someone says I can turn back time with a mitt, cynicism sets in.

However, I am a big fan of facial exercises. I happen to do FE. I don't know about Facercise... and I haven't knocked the program (except to say that Carol 'looks' pulled and if she hasn't had work done, as you maintain, I wouldn't buy her program as I'd be wary of getting the 'pulled' look myself... plus the before and afters on her site look to me to be the result of make up and lighting). I think that this is a great thread for people that do any program (FE, Ageless, CM, CR, SMR, Eva) to discuss the benefits. But you do have to expect that non-exercisers are going to be skeptical, and those who have done particular programs and not seen results, are going to be somewhat negative. Comes with the territory. I was sincere in saying "glad that you're posting" as I do think facial exercise is a great tool and more women should know about it. Regardless of the program.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
vangirl3 wrote:
aprile wrote:

Especially Vangirl who likes to poke fun at the arrival of the "amazing facial beauty mitt" & Cynthia Roland's white gloves.

Apologies if that offends you Aprile, but I can't help getting a giggle out of "the amazing facial beauty mitt" & "the white gloves." To me, they're gimmicks. I'm hazarding a guess here but I think most of the women posting on this thread are of a certain age and have spent a dastardly amount of $ on all kinds of lotions, potions and gimmicks to try and maintain their looks. I'm guessing -- again -- that most of us have been disappointed. So when someone says I can turn back time with a mitt, cynicism sets in.

However, I am a big fan of facial exercises. I happen to do FE. I don't know about Facercise... and I haven't knocked the program (except to say that Carol 'looks' pulled and if she hasn't had work done, as you maintain, I wouldn't buy her program as I'd be wary of getting the 'pulled' look myself... plus the before and afters on her site look to me to be the result of make up and lighting). I think that this is a great thread for people that do any program (FE, Ageless, CM, CR, SMR, Eva) to discuss the benefits. But you do have to expect that non-exercisers are going to be skeptical, and those who have done particular programs and not seen results, are going to be somewhat negative. Comes with the territory. I was sincere in saying "glad that you're posting" as I do think facial exercise is a great tool and more women should know about it. Regardless of the program.

Hey VG...the only comment I have on the white gloves (the amazing mitt comment DID make me giggle a bit Smile ) is that they can help in getting a grip with the exercises, and therefore being able to exert more resistance.

As for CM's b/a's, you are on the mark there. I know you aren't familiar with her program, but I have had her book for a number of years, and they DO look mostly like a matter of different lighting, and perhaps holding the head at a more strategic angle.

As for CM's photo's in the book (demoing the ex's) they look very filmy, kinda like the ol' vaseline-covering-the-lens trick I've heard they did in Hollywood years ago.

Linda
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Hey Linda,

LOL... you're absolutely right about the white gloves. I use them sometimes with top furrow and CMP to get a good grip. And I'm sure a mitt is good for dry brushing. The thing that makes me laugh is the proprietary nature of Carol's mitt and Cynthia's white gloves. Just feels gimmicky to me.

I know what you mean by the vaseline... they don't do that anymore, they've got special soft filters now. It's funny but sometimes if you're watching a movie or tv show you can see how the look of the image changes when they cut between close ups of the men/young women and older women.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Here's a business idea: become familiar with all the exercise programs and then advise people on which works best for their face type and objectives. Right now, each provider offers a generic exercise program that may or may not address individual issues. I know that most of these face exercise gurus offer private consulting, but they will (I assume) only recommend their own exercises!

I have quibbles with various elements of all the programs I've seen/tried. But...I have no doubt that facial exercise works. The question is how to make it work in the most effective manner.
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
I have quibbles with various elements of all the programs I've seen/tried. But...I have no doubt that facial exercise works. The question is how to make it work in the most effective manner.

Great point.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
One of the objectives in learning facial exercises is to learn your own musculature.
There are many many sites out there that have drawings of facial muscles. All have the basics and all are diffrent from each other.
So too is everyone's muscles in their own faces.How wide and thick and where they attach will all be in aslightly different area than the models and drawings.
also too how a person responds to building and toning a muscle is individual.
A person who's family has apple cheeks and was born with apple cheeks will be able to build up aple cheeks again - how much again depends on health age and what ever else needs to be overcome.
a person who's family has a flatter cheeked look will most likey NOT be able to get apple cheeks. But they will be able to lift and tone to a greater degree than if they did nothing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
For different face exercise programs - depending on what appeals to you is usually what will work for a person.
For example - a person goes to a gym and tries free weights- hates them . Keeps trying- but the results are not what the person next to them (similar build, weight, size) who LOVES doing it.
But put the same person in a class they love and voila! Results!

another thing about programs in general to keep in mind-
the programs are general guidelines and ALL of them require "tweaking" to each individual.

If you get lumpiness in an area of your face, then you need to take a break for a bit from working that area. Again though, it takes knowing the muscles in the face and which exercises affect which areas.
A lot of muscles intertwine and you may be surprised to find out that an exercise which you assumed only affected say... the jawline will also affect the temples.
Or the upper chest exercises in weight lifting also affect the jawline...
and so it goes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
vangirl3 wrote:
Hey Linda,

LOL... you're absolutely right about the white gloves. I use them sometimes with top furrow and CMP to get a good grip. And I'm sure a mitt is good for dry brushing. The thing that makes me laugh is the proprietary nature of Carol's mitt and Cynthia's white gloves. Just feels gimmicky to me.

Vangirl,

How would I even know that you truly were happy I'd joined the forum. Your comments are all extremely caustic and negative. The white gloves aren't gimmicky, as you yourself explain their use in your post. They actually serve a purpose - to get a better grip. I doubt Cynthia Roland has a patent on them. As for Carole Maggio's beauty mitts ~ I CALLED THEM AMAZING. However, she calls them nothing of the sort on her website. She calls them sisal mitts and notes they are from Germany, that's it. What I can't seem to get a handle on is this. Why you and some of the ladies on this thread are skeptical and negative. If you, yourself do in fact practice a facial exercise program and haven't achieved the results you're looking for, drop it like a hot potato and try another. Would you continue to have your hair styled at a salon where you didn't receive the best haircut? To me, this is all pure nonsense. We, as women, are constantly bombarded by numerous invasive procedures that can be extremely risky, not to mention very expensive. Why would you continue to post on this thread and maintain your stance that facial exercises don't do much:?: Just doesn't make sense to me. Women should know that they DO WORK and perhaps you just haven't found the right program yet. FYI ~ I am not offended or hurt. I am just perplexed. Aprile Confused
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
vangirl3 wrote:
Hey Linda,

I know what you mean by the vaseline... they don't do that anymore, they've got special soft filters now. It's funny but sometimes if you're watching a movie or tv show you can see how the look of the image changes when they cut between close ups of the men/young women and older women.

VG, next time your in Barnes & Noble, or Borders, check out CM's Facercise book.

What's really curious to me, is that fact that in her book, HER pics are in black and white, and again, that filmy, almost diffused effect.

There's quite a difference in the quality of her pics and her b/a's!

Linda
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
vangirl3 wrote:
Hey Linda,

Vangirl,

How would I even know that you truly were happy I'd joined the forum. Your comments are all extremely caustic and negative. The white gloves aren't gimmicky, as you yourself explain their use in your post. They actually serve a purpose - to get a better grip. I doubt Cynthia Roland has a patent on them. As for Carole Maggio's beauty mitts ~ I CALLED THEM AMAZING. However, she calls them nothing of the sort on her website. She calls them sisal mitts and notes they are from Germany, that's it. What I can't seem to get a handle on is this. Why you and some of the ladies on this thread are skeptical and negative. If you, yourself do in fact practice a facial exercise program and haven't achieved the results you're looking for, drop it like a hot potato and try another. Would you continue to have your hair styled at a salon where you didn't receive the best haircut? To me, this is all pure nonsense. We, as women, are constantly bombarded by numerous invasive procedures that can be extremely risky, not to mention very expensive. Why would you continue to post on this thread and maintain your stance that facial exercises don't do much:?: Just doesn't make sense to me. Women should know that they DO WORK and perhaps you just haven't found the right program yet. FYI ~ I am not offended or hurt. I am just perplexed. Aprile Confused

Aprile,
It was Senta Maria Ronge who advocated the use of cotton gloves well over 50 yrs ago when she started her program.

As for dropping an exercise program that doesn't appear to be working, most of them will tell ya that it takes months to a year to get results, so when do you think a person should throw in the towel if they are not getting results?

I personally don't know what's a reasonable amount of time to give any exercise program these days, quite honestly.

Linda
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:

How would I even know that you truly were happy I'd joined the forum.

Because I said I was? I don't how far back you've gone through ALL the facial exercise threads (this is one of a few) but the majority of them talk about FE and Ageless. It's nice to have someone come in with another perspective. I apologized if I offended you once -- I don't feel I need to do it again.

aprile wrote:

Your comments are all extremely caustic and negative.

Really? One post was facetious, which I guess can come across as sarcastic or negative. It wasn't meant negatively, which I explained to you two posts ago.

aprile wrote:

What I can't seem to get a handle on is this. Why you and some of the ladies on this thread are skeptical and negative. If you, yourself do in fact practice a facial exercise program and haven't achieved the results you're looking for, drop it like a hot potato and try another...Why would you continue to post on this thread and maintain your stance that facial exercises don't do much:?: Just doesn't make sense to me.

April have you read my posts? Where have I said facial exercises haven't done much for me or I haven't gotten the results I'm looking for? Actually, what I have said is quite the contrary -- that I am a fan of them (Flex Effect in my case). FE has been by far the best beauty investment I've made. Ever. I went into great detail on this on another thread (or two) so I haven't done that here. However, I did try to explain why other posters may be negative (no experience or a bad experience).
April, if you are going to pump CM in your posts, you have to expect some posters are going to disagree with you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Linda Lou wrote:
As for dropping an exercise program that doesn't appear to be working, most of them will tell ya that it takes months to a year to get results, so when do you think a person should throw in the towel if they are not getting results?

I personally don't know what's a reasonable amount of time to give any exercise program these days, quite honestly.

Linda

Linda,

I personally feel my face has improved more and more with each passing year. Honestly, when I look back on photos of myself from when I first started Facercise, (about 10 1/2 yrs. ago), my face looked more like a runners face (which I was), if you know what I mean. I would have to say, it probably took me about 2 years to really build the muscles to a point where my face appeared much more lifted and firm and even strong. (I am going to post those photos on my blog soon.) Have been working & attending so many of my son's baseball games to get them up on the site. However, you will see what I mean once I post them. What I meant about dropping a particular program is this ~ Not every program fits everyones personal ability. Sometimes we just don't get the exercises. Personally, I don't think I would be into using the white gloves and sticking my fingers inside my mouth either. You know? It just so happens that I got lucky when I found Facercise because it fit my style, and it worked for me. I also believe that not everyone will properly perform all of the exercises without a personal one-on-one training with an instructor. I know Carole offers, (and I'm sure others do) one-on-one training to help you understand and perform the exercises with proper form. This is of the utmost importance when expecting good results, and building upon those results. It's kind of like going to the gym and just performing your weight lifting routine haphazardly. Ya know? So my advice would be whatever program you choose, if you can afford it ~ try and get a one-on-one with the instructor. I know it helped me. I say this because when I met with Carole when she was in NY, she helped me tremendously. She also corrected my form on a couple of the exercises (apparently I wasn't performing them correctly.) She offers her one-on-one training via skype now for about $200. I am certain others are also doing the same thing. Don't give up, you can and will have success. You just need to find the right program, perhaps get a one-on-one session and then stick with it~ I would have to say that if you haven't seen any real appreciable results by the 6-month mark, move on. Hope that answers the question. Aprile Smile
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
About the quick results: that's one of the things that bothers me about Carole Maggio -- she touts amazing results in just a few days. You don't hear much about the longer term. I'm also wary of her program because on amazon, the 5-star reviews come from people who have reviewed only her products.

Some of the other sites have longer-term b/a results, but so few of them, and often from years ago. Kind of makes me wonder how many people use them, and would I just be the latest chump?

The concept of learning one's own face structure sounds obvious, but some of us can stare at our faces for hours and not see what's apparent to everyone else. I recently saw a new hair stylist who commented that my forehead is narrower than my jaw -- she's right, but I'd never consciously noticed that, nor had anyone ever mentioned it to me. Now I have a hair style that fills out the top and balances the bottom. That's the kind of guidance I seek from my fantasy facial exercise consultant.

I also am wary of taking the "do what feels best to you" path. Exercising the muscles that are in the best shape may also feel best, but perhaps what I really need to do is to work out the flabby muscles. Maybe I need to do the exercises I hate -- and maybe after I do them for a while (and build up the accompanying muscles) I will come to love them!
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:

The concept of learning one's own face structure sounds obvious, but some of us can stare at our faces for hours and not see what's apparent to everyone else.

It is difficult. I know for myself that I reached a point where something wasn't quite right. I was looking youthful but a bit off balance -- or too far from where I had started-- and I realized I'd overbuilt my masseter. So I backed off and now do that particular exercise every second day. It does take time to figure out and tweak things so they work for you. I also built my mouth really quickly, so I backed off those exercises almost completely for a couple of months. Now that the surrounding muscles are building nicely, I've gradually reintroduced those exercises.

Hermosa wrote:

I also am wary of taking the "do what feels best to you" path. Exercising the muscles that are in the best shape may also feel best, but perhaps what I really need to do is to work out the flabby muscles. Maybe I need to do the exercises I hate -- and maybe after I do them for a while (and build up the accompanying muscles) I will come to love them!

I can relate to that! The buccs and risorus have been my weakest and I used to dread doing the exercises that targeted them. I've since gotten over the dread and mastered the exercises. For me, I think those muscles are always going to tread a fine line between overbuilding and underbuilding...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
For me, it's out of the question to have a one on one with any exercise guru, financially. Sad

I have done all different kinds of exercises for so long, that one DOES see a commonality with all of them....there are only SO many ways to exercise the face, be it with gloves, w/o, fingers in the mouth (patooey! I personally detest that as well but do it! Rolling Eyes ) fingers out, now all the squeezing that comes with Ageless.

I know they take time to work, and I feel the way Hermosa does that anyone claiming to see results 5 days, might just be full of poop! Razz

Checking out CR's and CM's websites on occasion, they both should post new b/a pics too.

I think with enough practice and a good dvd to follow along with, one should be able to master the exercises in time.

I would love to see your results on your blog though, Aprile.

Linda
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Vangirl,

Just like when we send emails, facetious remarks can come across sarcastic or negative. It's hard to say, as I don't know you personally, nor have I read far back on the thread. Nevertheless, I am certainly not looking for an apology from you. Did I jump in on a particular facial exercise program thread and not know it? I thought this was the skincare tools & do-it-yourself skincare thread, no? You state that if I'm "going to pump CM in my posts", I have to expect some posters are going to disagree with me. That's fine if posters don't agree with everything I say. But how can anyone knock a program unless they've actually tried it first? Just like the louffa and dry brushing comments. Jeez, you certainly seemed to poo, poo that idea, tongue in cheek perhaps. I thought this forum was a place to share info on things that have worked for some of us. The dry brushing technique will, in fact, work for everyone and is not at all gimmicky as you stated. That comment whether tongue in cheek or not, might make some think it can't work, when it does. Besides, those louffas are sold elsewhere besides CM's site. They may not be exactly the same, but I've seen similar ones in my local natural store. Women need to know that there are safe, healthy, inexpensive & effective ways to regain their youthfulness. AND if they don't care to know about such things, they don't have to view these threads. Right? Aprile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Linda,

The reason for the before & after photos on the site being taken after only 5 days after Facercise training is this: All of the individuals on the site had personally trained with her, and then she had photos taken of each of them after 5 days of training to show their results. The lighting seems to be about the same, but the results aren't going to be as dramatic since it is only 5 days. I can notice subtle differences. The one woman with the dark hair & red lipstick (front view on the site) ~ her lip corners are more turned up, and her face has more of a glow to it, another woman (side view) ~ her turkey neck is much improved (tighter). There is one guy Matt something who has his photos on the site. He had a nose job, but other than that ~ his results are tremendous. However, I believe the photos are a progression over a period of months or years. I believe, he is a television personality; he's on some talk show or news show. As for my own photos, I personally feel that I look very much the same, only my face looks more firm, lifted and stronger than it did when I began this journey some 10+ years ago. However, that in itself is an accomplishment to me. My own son said to me recently when he saw the photo of me holding him as a toddler, that he didn't think I looked any different except for my hair style. I was very happy to hear that! I will let you know when the photos are up on the site. Take good care and don't give up Aprile
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I love FE I am a person that gags in the exercises when the thumbs have to be placed far back in the mouth. I can not see why it would hurt to replace those exercises with someone elses routine that works the same area. Your thoughts??
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kay

I think you posted on the FE forum about this, and although I answered there, let me help you here.

With the exercises that require the thumb in the mouth, they are Advanced exercises, so it may be that this isn't the right time to begin learning and trying all the exercises at once, and hey there's nothing wrong with that. You said though you were getting 5 reps of the advanced exercises, and you know what, 5 reps are better than no reps though. So if you wanted you could play about with 5 reps of the advanced and doing another 5 reps of the basic exercises for the next 5 count if your using the cd.

There is always a way - we just need to figure out how to make it work for you, and it might just be that doing 5 reps for a short while is the key here.

Sean
KayS wrote:
I love FE I am a person that gags in the exercises when the thumbs have to be placed far back in the mouth. I can not see why it would hurt to replace those exercises with someone elses routine that works the same area. Your thoughts??

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Cathy has made good points here.

Quote:
One of the objectives in learning facial exercises is to learn your own musculature

That's one of the main points. From childhood, at school to our adult life, we somehow learn, identify and practice some type of physical activity, gymnastics, sports etc... We learn at school basics of anatomy, furthermore, at any school gym you have the chance to connect that theory with the physical activity itself.

Now, What about our faces? Not much said, not much taught.

Lets face it: our faces, their structures, muscles, response, etc are pretty much unknown for the majority.
So, for most of us, we are at the preschool phase regarding knowledge of this particular subject.

Quote:
also too how a person responds to building and toning a muscle is individual.

True. Is the same with the body. Not everybody responds exactly, the same way, due to the same amount, type and time doing the same exercise.
Taking this one step further: Not everybody likes, aesthetically speaking, the results achieved due to a particular technique exercising. For some people bodybuilders can be very attractive while for others can be disgusting. You might like your body look more stylistic type, as a classical ballet dancer or more athletic type as a rock climber. That is very subjective.
Same with faces, some like the model's look of prominent and high cheekbones, some like rounder features. Very personal options.

So here we are dealing with different subjects:
a) how our faces respond to a particular exercise system,
b) how we do like or dislike the results of it.
c) how can we find a way to obtain the best results to match our (should be realistic) expectations.

Considering the average people not knowing much about it, and probably never got to practice with their faces muscles, this doesn't sound like there is a perfect formula to satisfy all the demands for all the people the same.

Quote:
For different face exercise programs - depending on what appeals to you is usually what will work for a person.

I think she is right on this. If you find disgusting placing your fingers in your mouth, maybe some exercises are not for you, however, I would suggest to anyone to give it a try, 'cause maybe the benefits could be way of more rewarding than the initial trouble.
If you are prone to bruising you might not find appealing to squeeze some parts of your face...
That is very personal. But an open mind is required to experiment something new. Facial exercises have been around for many time, but for the majority they are new. Remember: we are preschoolers at this field.

The other thing I want to mention is about us being so visual. What can sell a program better than anything (as happens for creams and mascaras) are pictures showing you the results. As soon as we see a face so much improved due to the use of so and so there is not much resistance from our brains...
But guess what? Intelligence is probably the best beauty tool we have. Taking some time to investigate, contrast information, educate ourselves a little bit and find out more is or should be obligated or at least recommended. (That is exactly what we are doing here, right?)

Quote:

I know she talks by experience as she is a certified trainer. I am not, but I know that if you go for an standard program sooner or later you will adjust it to your needs. Again, not having a personal coacher means that we have to take responsibilities here. If you don't go for an standard program then you are taking that responsibility from day 1.

If I was about choosing an specific program I would definitely seek from some support as issues can arise in time, while I do get the knowledge to actually get used to them and deal with whatever happens by myself. That takes time, lots of patience, observation, experimentation and perseverance.
The results will be rewarding as time goes by, as long as your reference is your own face not some Hollywood's actress and your expectations are realistic (I mean if you are 80 looking for your 16... then pray for a miracle. Very Happy)

Some people would swear by pilates others by wight lifting and we can start a debate that will never end... The only thing most people agree with is that any physical activity is great for your life giving you all the bennefits we all know.

Same with facial exercises. We can spend an eternity swearing by this or that, defending this versus that, but at the end moving those muscles is a good thing for your face wellbeing and appearance... And you know what? While you have been reading my long post you could probably have done some good exercises for your face! (just teasing Bad Grin )

Now seriously is is so enriching to read you all.

I am very happy about this subject jumping out to the general public as I think it will help many people to actually feel better.

Best to all!
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
BTW

Someone suggests, few posts back, using a thread like this or similar to actually share experiences from different approaches, experiences, perspectives and programs.
I think that is actually a very good idea. An impartial site that doesn't depend of the sponsor's program could be an interesting option for many people to exchange points of view and exercising systems respecting copyrighted material, of course.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aprile - I agree. Weve gone round and round about the "studies", etc vs anectdotal evidence and negative opinions with regards to facial exercises and I know this entire discussion has been on other threads = Barefoot I believe has asked the same question previously. Hopefully Claudia's answer will help her.

There will always be skeptics (consider copper peptides - studies have shown extreme effectiveness and there are LOTS of reports of negative outcomes, so who's right? I defer to Claudia's explanation above)..

I SEE the evidence in myself with my own eyes and I don't need a scientist to do years of studies to tell me why I should or should not do facial exercise. I don't need Paula Begoin (Can anyone please tell me her credentials! ) to tell me they are not good for you. I know what is working for me. In any case, I say this: If you don't want to do them, don't. If you don't like the fact that someone hasn't forked out millions to fund the study and it bothers you by all means forget it and do what makes you comfortable.

Not saying I don't appreciate science - actually love the stuff! it's my bread and butter but I have learned it has it's place and much of scientific research has it's origins in anecdotal studies and similar humble beginnings.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |