Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is facial exercise any good?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Aprile - I agree. Weve gone round and round about the "studies", etc vs anectdotal evidence and negative opinions with regards to facial exercises and I know this entire discussion has been on other threads = Barefoot I believe has asked the same question previously. Hopefully Claudia's answer will help her.

Sister,

Not only that ~ but many women actually believe the crap printed in magazines about how stars "age" gracefully. Go figure! I actually read once in More Magazine that one of the over 40 movie stars used some mainstream product that could be found in your local CVS to keep Father Time at bay. Now come on!! We all know that most of those products don't have any real actives in them! Yikes ~ that's why we join forums and research products to find out what works & what doesn't! But getting back to facial exercises ~ I've seen many, many articles supporting the negativity that they don't work or worse yet ~ cause harm. Of course, all of that amazing data has been provided by the dermatologists & plastic surgeons of the world who would stand to lose plenty if women stopped visiting their offices. Even Oprah Winfrey has done many shows on the various invasive, if not risky procedures (like the thread lift) that women can have done in order to maintain their youthful looks. She seems to be extremely interested in these anti-aging techniques. Too bad she doesn't do a segment on facial exercises! What a wonderful service she'd be doing for all women & men alike! Well enough of my two cents! All the best, Aprile
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Orpah has done 3 facial exercise shows that I know of over the years.
I wish I remembered which ones.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I could find the time and motivation to really commit to a program for a few months, to see if it's for me..

I have Flex Effect, Ageless, Facial Magic + Carol Maggio's book.. I get gung ho for a week, and then lose interest.. (I just hate exercise in any form.. so sad Sad )

Reading all these exercise threads is so interesting, and I thank all of you who give so much of your time, and share such great information + your experiences with us all.

Not that anybody gives a *hooey*, but I'm going to speak my mind here anyway, in regard to the person behind each program that I have...

Flex Effect: Deb Crowley looks to me, the most beautiful, youthful, natural + believable. She tells you exactly what is possible through facial exercise + massage, gives good skincare advice that will help attain the best results, and most importantly to me; she shares *believable* before and after pictures, (other than LL, see below), and doesn't try to insult our intelligence. I believe the program is very comprehensive, and also has the best support system available through the forum, and 1 on 1 access to trainers when needed.

Ageless: I love LL, and think the program has a lot of merit, (especially for lazy girls like me.) Quick, concise, and the focus on cheeks, can give just enough oomph, to those without too much sagging yet... With all that said, I just have to be honest now, and say that I don't believe she went from her before to after pictures with exercise alone.. Sorry, but it looks like a mother + daughter, and nobody can make me believe that something other than exercise wasn't involved.

Carole Maggio: I don't get much about this program at all, and I did devote 8 weeks to this a hundred years ago when I got the book.. I also feel that she should be ashamed of herself, telling people she has never had PS, fillers etc.. She looks like a ridiculous caricature of her former self.. Her face has no expression, lips are way overfilled, and she looks like a mask to me. I would also say (to those who will no doubt jump in to defend), that if she did get *this* way through her program alone, it's all the more reason to pass this one by. (And WTH kind of before + after pictures are on that site.. Not only do they go from large to small, but with and without makeup.. Laughing ..) I find her/that not only condescending, but insulting.

The 'No Lipo-Lipo looks rather nice though!

Cynthia Rowland: I really like the Facial Magic program, and after viewing the video recently (after years of it sitting there), I don't know why I didn't stick with it.. (The neck, jaw + eye exercises are outstanding, and really somewhat similar to Deb's.) I also think that Cynthia is the 2nd most natural looking + believable (after Deb), with the possibility to my eye anyway, of cheek + lip enhancement, although very subtle..

I just wish that people would be forth coming about *all* they do to maintain/improve their looks, so we can contemplate those same choices, and not be dissappointed when the exercise *alone*, doesn't deliver those same results.. Nothing wrong with fillers, gadgets, etc.., but there is plenty wrong with lies + less than honest before + after pictures..

With a little luck I will find the time to do Debs 14 on the DVD + Cynthia's jaw/neck for the extra oomph I need on the lower end.. and massage, massage, massage! (Waiting patiently for a good video of this from Deb .. Pray )

Okay, I'll get out of the way of flying rocks now.. Very Happy Please know that I mean no offense to anyone, and this is just my opinion.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Your post was excellent Kassy, and I agree with most of it.

Flying rocks?

Eh, let 'em fly, you are just saying how you, and probably many others feel.

I am at the point with Ageless, that I feel as you do; this is a program that might've been better started at 40 instead of the 50 I now am. I have been doing Ageless, mostly, since Feb, and I have had minimal results. I think that the best reports on that site thus far, are from the younger ageless followers.

Preach on Sistah, about CM! You are right, she should be ashamed, but there's just something sinister about her to me.....I have a feeling she's one who would never admit to anything. Could be wrong, but it's a feeling I can't shake, esp. after being threatened by her.

As for CR, I have her program as well, and now that I also have Eva Fraser's and Senta Rounge's, they are exact replica's, right down to the white gloves, so how much did she put in to it, ya know? She looks plasticy, but not as much as CM...yet.

I'm going to order Deb's program when and if that sucker is ever released for sale. Will be curious to see if I've been doing all correctly once it is.

Linda
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! Keep praying...We need your prayers! We're working like dogs to get it all done. I call Deb everyday at least 3 times to make sure she' still at her desk! It's really going to happen... WOO HOO!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I do think Debbie is the prettiest and most natural looking of all the facial exercise ladies.I agree carol wears a lot of makeup and looks like she might have had some work done.I spoke with Debbie over a yr ago and she comes across as being the most genuine too, (not that the others arent).
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Deb does sound/seem like a straight shooter. She walks the walk and walks the talk or whatever that expression is. Love that. Keep on her Claudia - Just get the new program done already! We all are dying here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone who throws rocks at Kassy has to answer to me Laughing Talk about another straight shooter!

I do both FE and Ageless and I they are both doing wonders for my facial appearance - lifting and keeping it toned.

Truthfully I love them both. I "see" results after doing Ageless - the pump in the cheeks due to the massage-like action of the exercise and I feel it too.

After completing the FE exercises I know that I've done something - my entire face feels "worked out" and there is a strong sense of accomplishment. It truly is a gift to have these programs to work with.

I'll have to check out Cynthia Rowland more closely.

A shame about CM - really is. Her lips look so fake and she should be embarrassed by such a lack of disclosure. Another great thing about Deb - she isn't swayed by the temptation to "do things" and if she was I know she'd confess! Gotta love that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
So, the FE I just ordered is not THE FE?!?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa - FE is Flex Effect. Yes, by all means: GO FOR IT!!!!! and do it - everyday - at least some of the exercises. It's not difficult and the rewards are outstanding.

Even if I can't do all of them I'll do the eye exercises or the cheeks or the lips but I try to do all of them at least two times a week at one sitting.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
I was referring to the above:

"I'm going to order Deb's program when and if that sucker is ever released for sale."

and

"LOL! Keep praying...We need your prayers! We're working like dogs to get it all done. I call Deb everyday at least 3 times to make sure she' still at her desk! It's really going to happen... WOO HOO!!!"

So evidently I should not have ordered FE but rather should have waited until "it" (whatever that is) happens? Can someone explain to a non-insider what's going on? Thanks!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:44 am      Reply with quote
The book out right now is our 2nd edition. Just like many authors, we are working on our 3rd edition. There new info it is most useful to the ADVANCED flexer. Someone who has put in closer to a year of work. A newbie is not missing out not having the new unpublished (at this moment) book right off.

The only reason I've given people to hold off on their purchase is if you feel you must see a current full faced photo of Deb. Which we intend to publish at the same time.

We don't have an exact date, there are many components... and many interruptions to the process. I can tell you that the new materials will be more expensive. And YES, we do plan to offering an introductory discount...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the explanation, Claudia. I appreciate the amount of effort that goes into updating a book.
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Claudia, that's exciting news about the updated book, but I'm very curious ... will there also be a new, more comprehensive DVD? I (and many others, I know) would love it if a FlexEffect DVD could be produced that demonstrated all the exercises (including the massage technique would be nice, too) rather than just the basic ones on the current DVD. (If this info's already been mentioned here - sorry - I can't remember reading it!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
No problem... I'm quite used to answering the same question a multitude of times... "mommy can I????" No!

LOL!

Yes, the new DVD will be quite comprehensive!!! Wa-hoo! Everything will be demonstrated. The data capability of the DVD has made this possible.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:13 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

Yes, the new DVD will be quite comprehensive!!! Wa-hoo! Everything will be demonstrated. The data capability of the DVD has made this possible.

I can't wait to see Deb have at that bloody massage once and for all ... Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I remember reading almost two years ago that a new FE program was in the works and would be out (by January 2008).....as I recall. It was in 2007 = I was researching facial exercises and the merits of each of the programs and decided to wait for the new release of Debs.- Finally by June 2008 I said "the heck with it" and bought the 2nd version. Glad I didn't wait Laughing

I know, I know - these things take time. I'm happy to know there is information for the advanced flexer (that would be me finally!). And hopeful there will be an introductory price.

I'm actually quite happy with the information I have and it's working very well so I'd have to have good reason(s) to purchase the newest, latest and greatest..

So Claudia.... Hope you'll be ready with that! but I'm sure you will be. And I know Deb's resultant CD will be high quality. I(and help Kassy with her garsh-blessed massage needs Bad Grin )

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Yes... there will be an introductory price.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Claudia, thanks for being so patient about repeating information! I know sometimes it's tiresome. But it's very much appreciated.

Well, the updated FlexEffect is definitely on my "must-purchase" list whenever it is finally here - but for anyone wondering - the current book and DVD are excellent and I highly recommend them! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Metaphora wrote:

Well, the updated FlexEffect is definitely on my "must-purchase" list whenever it is finally here - but for anyone wondering - the current book and DVD are excellent and I highly recommend them! Very Happy

I'm stumped with a lot of the book, but I would definitely buy the DVD if it's available alone.. I need the visual!

Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Metaphora wrote:

I'm stumped with a lot of the book, but I would definitely buy the DVD if it's available alone.. I need the visual!

Kassy, I know exactly what you mean, and that's why I'm excited that there will be a more thorough DVD. I actually got the FE set a few years ago and never really "did" it - I felt very unsure of what to do looking through the book. To be honest, what really helped me was Carolyn Cleaves' program (which I love) - Carolyn's Facial Fitness. She uses many exercises similar to FE (she basically put her program together taking what she liked from already-existing programs, including FE I believe, because she couldn't find one that met all her desires).

Carolyn has very thorough instruction cards with color photographs, and also demonstrates all the exercises on her DVD (well, all except for a very few extras, which are in her booklet with accompanying photos). After doing Carolyn's program off and on for a year (mostly on for about four months) I find I have somehow absorbed enough understanding to look at Deb's book and say "Aha! I know how to do that move, that makes sense." I'm no longer confused as I was initially.

I really find there's value to be had in many, if not most, of the programs out there - I learn something from each one that helps me gain more benefit from the others. But it's really Carolyn's program that taught me the most so far, that made me feel confident in trying other approaches.

FE is more vigorous, a more aggressive approach overall than Carolyn's program. I feel like I'm approaching the point where I want to be more aggressive. I have much less uncertainty about what I'm doing thanks to Carolyn.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Metaphora - that's awesome. I know when I started FE I was afraid to venture beyond the 14 DVD exercises.

As for FE - add those eye and cheek exercises - they rock.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Oprah had Carole Maggio on about ten years ago, but I don't know who else; I don't watch Oprah that often.
I too was "insulted" by those before and after photos. I felt that she was insinuating that she invented face exercises too, which I knew was not true. And the oddly stretched skin was also peculair. Too many reps? What the heck is that anyway? I have never seen a face lift look like that...

She did say she had a nose job. I did the exercises for a few months, and although I did get a sore face that felt like a sinus headache, not much else happened.
My daughter built up her lips because of seeing Carol on Oprah though, made up her own exercises.
Because of the falseness of CM's photos, and because I saw no big changes, I did not investigate face exercising for years. But I did remember what my daughter had done.
I started Deb's but because it took so long, I stopped doing it, and still had the attitude left over from CM that it was probably a waste of time.
It was LouLou who got me back into it. Its been about two months. The corners of my mouth have gone. Sometimes they come back if I am really tired, then go away again. I am guessing, sort of a transition till they stay gone. I am hoping to see more changes.

Yoga for the face has never interested me. I see those types of books on Amazon... I do some yoga for the internal organs and to stretch, but the concept doesn't seem to really apply to the face for me intellectually.
I want to try out some of the other programs now that I see LouLou's works.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, that idea of not stretching your face because it will cause wrinkles...there seems to be quite a few things we thought that were wrong!

That eggs are bad for you, when actually they make you lose weight..and do not raise cholesterol after all...(but I am going for all raw, so I might ditch the eggs again)

Coconut oil is not bad for you, the raw organic kind revs up the metabolism

Stop avoiding nuts and avocados, they are good for you
Stop drinking diet sodas, they make you fat

Lets see, non-fat diets are NOT good, they make your blood sugar drop;

Oil on the face is good after all, especially for cleaning (The Greeks used to clean themselves with olive oil; they scraped it off...I was a history major, and remembered that trivia)
Do or do not brush your hair 100 strokes, I think its not back to yes
Don't drink cold water, no, do...

You can get rid of cellulite after all, the raw foodists do

Coffee is bad coffee is good. I am just going to enjoy it. Organic, of course.

I am sure I forgot a few..

Bad Grin
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
SansSouci572 wrote:
Oprah had Carole Maggio on about ten years ago, but I don't know who else; I don't watch Oprah that often.-

You know, SansSouci ~ You should really get your facts straight ~ Carole Maggio was NEVER on Oprah ~ so perhaps someone was impersonating her?

SansSouci572 wrote:
I too was "insulted" by those before and after photos. I felt that she was insinuating that she invented face exercises too, which I knew was not true. And the oddly stretched skin was also peculair. Too many reps? What the heck is that anyway? I have never seen a face lift look like that...

It's one thing for you to not feel the b/a photos on her site are all that impressive, but please why in the heck would you say you were "insulted" by them?? Come on! It is important to note that the b/a photos on her site are in fact, after only 5 DAYS ~ YES 5 days after using the Facercise program. Personally, I think all of the ladies look pretty darn good after only 5 days time. Their improvements are subtle, yet believable. Then of course, there's the guy Matt who chose Carole's program and totally reinvented his young face using her program. He sent her unsolicited reviews & photos. He even started his own blog on Facercise because he was so happy with the changes he'd been able to create in his face. He is also a TV personality so it was very important for him to create a better image with a much stronger face.

SansSouci572 wrote:
She did say she had a nose job.

So she admitted she'd had a nose job ~ that's proof positive that she had other work done? To me, she was honest about the nose job and believe me ~ that most certainly would have come out at some point, especially since she has an exercise to address the nose. It would most certainly come out if she had any other work done. By the way, Matt also admitted he'd had a nose job ~ I suppose that makes him a liar too?

SansSouci572 wrote:
I did the exercises for a few months, and although I did get a sore face that felt like a sinus headache, not much else happened.

Perhaps you didn't give the program enough time, or perhaps you weren't performing the exercises correctly. Many women don't see results they seek because they simply don't know how to use proper form or resistance, or they don't give a program a chance.

SansSouci572 wrote:
My daughter built up her lips because of seeing Carol on Oprah though, made up her own exercises.

AGAIN, Carole Maggio was NEVER on the Oprah Winfrey Show ~ I know this because I know the agent trying to get her on the show. Duh~

SansSouci572 wrote:
Because of the falseness of CM's photos, and because I saw no big changes, I did not investigate face exercising for years.

Well that's really weak ~ blame Carole for your own inadequacies.

SansSouci572 wrote:
But I did remember what my daughter had done. I started Deb's but because it took so long, I stopped doing it, and still had the attitude left over from CM that it was probably a waste of time.

Okay now this is just too much ~ So what you're saying is because you didn't have the stick-to-it-iveness to keep up with Debs program, that too is Carole Maggio's fault. Hey Ladies ~ I have an idea: Let's rename this thread "The Bash Carole Maggio Thread."

Ladies - you don't have to like Carole Maggio or her program, but you certainly don't need to constantly bash her. She is 63 years old and in many peoples opinions, including mine, fabulous looking. She not only performs her program, she uses her louffas, (which are great), enzymes and pharmaceutical grade products on her skin to create flawless skin that is toned, lifted and beautiful.

SansSouci572 wrote:
It was LouLou who got me back into it. Its been about two months. The corners of my mouth have gone. Sometimes they come back if I am really tired, then go away again. I am guessing, sort of a transition till they stay gone.

It's really too bad you never gave Facercise a real chance, because the lip corners up exercise is something that would keep your lip corners turned up for good...NOT just temporarily.

Aprile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |