Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review:: Cellex-C Sea Silk Oil-Free Moisturizer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Minx
5% products discount

Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I am happy to report great results after just 1 week of using Cellex-C on acne/oily skin. It tightens my skin, has improved clarity and hyper-pigmentation, diminished fine lines, and seems to have (YES!!) decreased oil production (a miracle!). Best, I have 2 active zits now, down from 8 or 9 before trying Cellex-C. I have precription acne meds (everything) and have been trying to get this result since I was 16 (I'm 37 now!) I have done all the oral (for 1 year) and topical acne meds with little to no results -- so far PTR, DDF, and Cellex-C have all been better than the dermatoligist/ plastic surgeon's prescription meds. Especially Cellex-C. (Seriously!)

Yes, this could be due to monthly hormonal fluctuations, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is the Cellex-C High Potency -- will review again in a few weeks. I think this product is great for adult acne sufferers. One note if you are tryibng to decide which Cellex-C to start with: My skin is VERY sensitive, even reacts to eyebrow wax -- however, the High Potency Cellex-C is NOT too strong. A mild tingling sensation that goes away in a minute is all that is causes, and boy, is it WORTH IT!

I love the skin tightening the Cellex-C HP causes - I am only applying the Hydra B 5 where it's needed for lines on top of the Cellex-C, and using the oil-free sea silk moisturizer at night.

Has anyone who suffers with acne had similar results? Can I expect this fantatic result to continue, or should I run out and get my new passport photo taken right now? Very Happy Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Cellex-C Sea Silk Oil-Free Moisturizer (60 ml / 2 oz)
Cellex-C Sea Silk Oil-Free Moisturizer (60 ml / 2 oz)

A soft sea-foam colored cream containing a rich medley of sea botanical extracts Omega plankton, marine algae, aquatic vegetable protein, DMAE complex, watercress extract and seaweed biopeptides designed to achieve the ultimate light-weight oil-free moisturizer.

Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Minx, Im glad you finally found something to combat your acne
I have myself acne prone skin but I think it's more in the 'spirit' of the monthly issue. My main problem is the post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation (PIH) but using C serum combines with Cellex-C Hydra B5 serum it works all pretty well.
To love and save your skin always use a Sunscreen Cool It makes a huge difference, I can tell you that Very Happy

Medusa
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Minx

Im sorry to say I didnt receive the same results as you did using Cellex C's High Potency Serum, and I have exactly the same skin type as you. It broke me outs in spots in a big, big way and I found out from my research on the net that I wasnt alone.

After speaking to therapists, they told me that the High Potency Serum is 'high potency' because its the pH of acid - around 2.5, which is why it works for those who can tolerate it - because the ingredients within the serum never degrade. Im really glad you can tolerate it - because I couldnt stick with it long enough to find out what benefits it would have for me.

In Cellex C's defence, I think the Hydra 5B gel is really, really good but I was just astonished at the rate I went through it, and therefore found it too expensive to use. I also think their Fade Away Gel is absolutely amazing - if youve got acne scarring then definetly go for this. I ordered my Cellex C stuff fromwww.skincarerx.com (i think) and I know theyve got a smashing return policy if your tempted by more of the range.

Hope that helps, and Im really glad youve received the result you wanted with Cellex C, because I certainly know what its like to love with blemishes Very Happy ! Im praying my acne-prone skin will be gone when I hit my 30's Pray !

Best wishes

Farouk
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I meant to say 'live' with blemishes, not 'love' with blemishes - definetly NOT a Freudian slip!! Very Happy
Mabsy

Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Minx, I'm really glad that you have finally found something that works for you. More importanntly I hope that you continue to see the benefits of it. I don't have acne but have seen visible results in terms of clarity and tone of skin when I start using vit C serums.
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I have a sample of oil free moisturizer and I used it at night. The feeling after applying it on face is so good. Not geasy at all. I have combination skin and I think it suits me with enough hydration.
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm torn on this product. I was impressed that something oil-free could feel so hydrating, but, it made me feel like I had a slight slick upon my face.

I think that in a few years, if I am still semi-prone to acne, but, perhaps drier, I might take up a jar again.

All in all it's a good product - thumbs up from me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:41 am      Reply with quote
I've just received my jar in the mail Laughing I will let you guys know what I think over the next couple weeks! I may give it to a friend who is in more need of it than I am at the moment though!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Like Minx, I also noticed that my skin was less oily while using this product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Agave wrote:
I'm torn on this product. I was impressed that something oil-free could feel so hydrating, but, it made me feel like I had a slight slick upon my face.
I feel the same thing, must always apply powder over it to take away the shine.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
The Fade Away - is that the best one to get rid of old acne scars? Will have to research this further.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I think this moisturiser is VERY GOOD to use daytime and apply makeup on top. It is too dry for night time use asS KIN NEEDS MORE MOISTURE AT NIGHT. It is best to apply serum at night under moisturiser such as Hydra B5 complex.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I loved using sea silk from Cellex-C, but my skin is more dry and this cream does not serve it's purpose. Anyone with oily to combination skin would love this moisturizer.
mrspiggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
farouk wrote:
Hi Minx

Im sorry to say I didnt receive the same results as you did using Cellex C's High Potency Serum, and I have exactly the same skin type as you. It broke me outs in spots in a big, big way and I found out from my research on the net that I wasnt alone.

After speaking to therapists, they told me that the High Potency Serum is 'high potency' because its the pH of acid - around 2.5, which is why it works for those who can tolerate it - because the ingredients within the serum never degrade. Im really glad you can tolerate it - because I couldnt stick with it long enough to find out what benefits it would have for me.

In Cellex C's defence, I think the Hydra 5B gel is really, really good but I was just astonished at the rate I went through it, and therefore found it too expensive to use. I also think their Fade Away Gel is absolutely amazing - if youve got acne scarring then definetly go for this. I ordered my Cellex C stuff fromwww.skincarerx.com (i think) and I know theyve got a smashing return policy if your tempted by more of the range.

Hope that helps, and Im really glad youve received the result you wanted with Cellex C, because I certainly know what its like to love with blemishes Very Happy ! Im praying my acne-prone skin will be gone when I hit my 30's Pray !

Best wishes

Farouk

You are not the only one, I tried is egons ago and I broke out got bad rashes and I hated it, much that it costs $$$ I threw it away, urgh! I should had known better and use it on my hands and feet instead.

It really depends one individual skin types, what may work for one may not be for another. Tons of trial and error. I think climate also plays a part.
Alethea
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Sea Silk Moisturizer and I didn't like it at all Sad

It was not very moisturizing for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have this and although I don't use it regularly, I like how it feels so light and fresh when I do! (I find that because I'm more oily - my sunblock works great as a moisturizer by itself over a serum during the day) I used it few times at night and when I tried it during the day it made my skin feel soft and hydrated without getting too oily.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |