Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Manual Exfoliators
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Manual Exfoliators...

like many of EDS members here i'm keenly interested in exfoliation, for face and body, to keep skin it in optimal condition, eliminating dry flaky skin, while keeping it smooth and young. also like many other EDS members, i have a collection of electric exfoliators such as a the clarisonic.... as well as a whole army of natural dry brushing brushes in different sizes and shapes.

however, i'd like to share some tried and tested manual exfoliators that are cheap, effective, and some which are better than its expensive conterpart. some members may even have these items at home, but for others, i hope this gives you more creative and fun ways to exfoliate and collect to your tools of beauty!Very Happy

i hope you enjoy...

most of you probaby have this typical shower fluffy. i do too.

or for those that practice dry brushing, the natural sisal that range from brushes and ropes, short and long, with or without a handle/hand grips. i have the whole collection and the range is 10-$60 per item. this one does the back.

now i'd like to introduce its conterpart...the inexpensive, synthetic, multipurpose, lasts a life time (almost Wink) long exfoliating cloth.

sorry i can't get a full length pic of this product. you can find it asian markets for$4 or even if you're lucky at the dollar store for $1. it is some kind of synthetic nylon, long thin cloth strip, that lasts almost FOREVER. it is like an unraveled shower fluffy (like 1st pic) but it is stronger, lasts longer, and rougher (it is rougher but the roughness is fine). i bunch it up in my hands, quirt shower gel, and away i go.

where as compared to the natural sisal rope, used for the back, it is rough but coarse. i have problems with this sisal rope for the back as it is toooo coarse. i feel like i'm digging grooves into my skin. also the sisal rope though it contours a bit to the shape of the back, but does not do so completely. this japanese exfoliating shower cloth completely hugs the entire back surface as you are pulling back and forth like a saw. it gives a thorough clean, exfoliates every nook and cranny of the back, rough enough to very effective as an exfoliator, and gentle enough to invigorate without damaging the skin.

i highly recommend... its cheap, very easy to use, very effective, very FAST, and will live longer than you and i! Laughing

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
the thing in the second picture looks like ...shit..... Laughing sorry for my rudeness. haha

thanks for the information!!!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
additions...
sorry guys i need to get a digital camera, it would be faster for me to take pics my own collection than searching the internet for pics. and some of the products i can't find pics for...

these are other cheap finds at the dollar store! yay yay! they're very effective and long lasting.

this is what it looks like. i couldn't find an exact pic. it is smaller than this and fits perfectly over your four fingers. it cleans your face with water only. it is a japanese face cleaning mini mitt...spongy short mitt that has fine exfoliators. great for problematic black heads! and from the dollar store for $1. good find!

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Gs8Pz8EUCXXcYM:http://www.busytrade.com/common/image.php?file=863451&x=200&y=200&jpg=
[/img]
[img]http://www.busytrade.com/common/image.php?file=863451&x=200&y=200&jpg=[/img]

another dollar store find, for $1. similar to above but with a greater surface area to clean the whole face.

no they're not torture devices! Laughing
it looks kinda scary with the spikes but the rubbers is super soft. it feels very gentle on the skin, and while thoroughly cleaning pores, its a like a nice massage on the skin.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
the thing in the second picture looks like ...shit..... Laughing sorry for my rudeness. haha

thanks for the information!!!

Shock
oh young lady, that 'shit' is a natural fiber sisal rope, extra long, used for dry brushing of the back. that 'shit' is EXPENSIVE!Eh?

it is elegantly displayed to showcase its flexibility and grace.Wink

oh my goodness! Shock

Laughing

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |