Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what do you think that makes a person look young?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:01 am      Reply with quote
of coz i know wrinkles are not good on the face, but sometimes when I check pictures in magazines, even you can not see their wrinkles, you can still tell what age ranges they are in.

is the face expression? or face muscle? or what
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:20 am      Reply with quote
i think a person's face looks young when it has soft skin, and the contours of the face is soft and rounded... just like children. everything is soft and rounded on them. too cute!

whereas with age, not talking about wrinkles, the contours look hardened and rigid. especially in the eye and high cheek area. for eg the eye area... the forehead is lumpy and hard, the eye brow ridge actually looks like a ridge cus it is so hard.

i think women look young when they act young, dress young, and laugh like teenagers and know how to have a good time!Very Happy

what do you think everyone?

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:53 am      Reply with quote
A Bright White Smile! Very Happy
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I determine if a person is young by their facial features and skin texture. Sometimes their skin might not be the greatest but their face or features look young like a kid. I seen many middle aged ladies with pretty nice skin but they still look middle aged to me regardless...

Also, I seen a lot of older women who try to dress, act, or talk young, but they just don't seem that young to me for some reason.

I guess depends on the overall impression or vibes that person gives you. Some ppl are just born with a baby face so yeah... I think it also has something to do with the eyes too. If you got round innocent looking eyes, it makes you look younger I think.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
hmmm well i thought about it ans this is what i come up with,....
it is mostly due to the contours of the face and due to the subcutaneous fat loss....
as the person gets older,,,heshe loses the body fat which is more prominent in the face,,,,it makes u look older and more mature,,,,hmmm the skin gets a bit loose and even if they get face lift,,,,it never looks how it used to when a perosn was young...

I also believe that dressing has a major role....if a person is 50 i dont day u should wear clothes like a teenager or like a person in 20"s...but still.,,,dont dress up like a grandma if u r a grandma,,,u dont have to show this form ur dressing...
Dress nice and stylish no matter what ur age is....hairstyle matters s too,,,
but i think its mostly the fat of ur face that disappear when u get old...u get falt cheeks like mine Smile which i have since i m 12 Smile but i think it looks cool,,,,bony structure like a model....ur features look more prominent...Smile
we ll i am 30 now Smile
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
A nice smile, a warm heart and a love for life.
PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
PQ

PQ, That's why you look so young. Smile
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Smooth, plump skin, nice white teeth, thick, shiney hair! Very Happy
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
PQ

Bless U. Also a good EDS dance with Toby to Earth Wind and Fire.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Plump face ,good skin condition with not deep wrinkles,healthy hair and teeth ,slim body, nice clothes and good makeup.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
At the end of the day, it's the attitude + personality of each individual that makes them not only look, but also feel younger...IMHO!

Happy, friendly, sincere & fun loving people, just can't hide their zest and love of life, and that comes across loud and clear on their faces.

On the other hand, those who live a life full of jealousy, anger + pettiness, transfer those attributes to their faces as well..

Be happy, your face with thank you... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
At the end of the day, it's the attitude + personality of each individual that makes them not only look, but also feel younger...IMHO!

Happy, friendly, sincere & fun loving people, just can't hide their zest and love of life, and that comes across loud and clear on their faces.

On the other hand, those who live a life full of jealousy, anger + pettiness, transfer those attributes to their faces as well..

Be happy, your face with thank you... Very Happy

AMEN to that Kassy!! Very Happy
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I honestly think it's in the eyes more than anything. I've seen a few young ladies that have very thin, sharp and scrawny faces, but you can still tell they're young. You can see it in their eyes.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Young people have no sagging what so ever! Their skin is plump, their walk has a certain pep to it and their hair is thick and shiny. Most of all their is a look of youth in their eyes. No plastic surgery or serum can hide the age from the eyes. That is why you will see people filled with botox and fillers with no wrinkles but they still look their age.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have to say I have seen many people who in their advancing years still have beautiful eyes - I think it is one of things that doesn't age. As long as they have had their beauty sleep.

PQ Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
I have to say I have seen many people who in their advancing years still have beautiful eyes - I think it is one of things that doesn't age. As long as they have had their beauty sleep.

PQ Very Happy
Hi: I was not talking about the color or the shape of the eyes or the firmness around the eyes but something about the inside of the eyes. Inside of the eye ages just like everything else that is why people start wearing bifocals around the age 40. I agree with you that I have also seen many middle age and older women with very nice eyes but that youth and sparkle lessens with age!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
joie de vivre - I'm constantly looking for ways to regain mine.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
brierrose wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
PQ

Bless U. Also a good EDS dance with Toby to Earth Wind and Fire.

PQ

PQ...I am going to have to get you....you are over here boogie dancing and didn't tell me!!!If someone's going be dancing I am coming over ImageDancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm obsessed with cheeks. I'm convinced that plumped up cheeks give a more youthful look to mature faces. I think it's about symmetry - as we age, everything heads south and this can make our faces look sour. Some volume in the upper face balances this and gives a more "perky" look.

I also agree with Maheen1's comments about hair and clothes.

I just think I'd have more joi de vivre, zest for life and a big happy smile if I had cheeks like a chipmunk on steroids!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
keep young gorgeous looking from inside out, always be happy and fit, with a loving heart, fit dress and hairdo, for a fair complexion, keep hydrating on your face,avoid overdo sun exposure,take as much as fresh fruits and vegetable
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with all of the other comments and would add that the hair needs lots of body, shine, and fresh hair color. Also white teeth and dewy complexion.In addition an attitude of excitement and expectation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:

PQ Very Happy

I so agree with that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've thought about this question: First of all - The Young look Young. Period. But how do the older (over 40, 50, 60) look young... It comes from confidence, outward energy, good posture, Fresh looking face - this doesn't mean no wrinkles necessarily, an easy smile, a true desire to meet people, live in the moment, learn things, do things. Stay on top of appropriate fashion for your age and body, subtle makeup, a good haircut or let it grow baby!, well-manicured hands help.

Contrast with dour personality, low energy, bad attitude, hair, glasses not youthful, The typical old lady haircut. (Bald men can be very sexy - but no combover allowed). And no desire to dress in way that shows you care.

Really, it's so much about attitude and sparkle and putting some effort in. People are drawn to those who seem fun, interesting and have something to offer. If you're not that, who cares how firm your skin is.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
of coz i know wrinkles are not good on the face, but sometimes when I check pictures in magazines, even you can not see their wrinkles, you can still tell what age ranges they are in.

is the face expression? or face muscle? or what

I agree with what others have mentioned, however I don't think a person in their 40's or older is every going to look young again. They may look really good for their age, but you can still tell that person is in their 40's+. The focus on looking "young" is wrong in my opinion. I think the focus should be on looking as good as you can whatever your age.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, true. I took it as meaning being Youthful. Only the young can really look young.

I read, hear etc frequently of people thinking they look 10 years younger than they are and really what they are is attractive for the age they are. Just gotta up the odds!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |