Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Price of botox injections?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:59 am      Reply with quote
My dermatology clinic is offering a special of $10/unit for botox injections. I have never had any botox but I am seriously considering it now.
Is this a good price? Thanks!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
On average, that is the cost here.
However, I wait for the med/spa specials which is anywhere from 8.90 to 9.00 a unit.
The skill of the injector far outweighs the cost for me though. Where it is injected, how far into the muscle and how many units go into each injection site are critical. For example, just on your glabellar (11's) alone, if one of the injections in the center between your brows is put too low it can give you an angry cat look! (Or too high, and you look like you are in permanent suprise party mode.) Been there, done that on both, with the pictures to prove it!
Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to know does botox can help the lines under eye?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have never used it in that area myself. I have only used it for the 11's, crow's feet and lower jaw/mouth muscles for teeth grinding/clenching.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried Botox several times with several different docs. It just does NOT last for me. Wish I knew why. Confused
I agree with Annie R. The skill of the injector is so very important. Once, I got the dreaded eye droop. Shock It looked awful. Thank goodness the Botox only lasted two weeks. That's one time I was grateful it dissipated quickly.
$10 - $11/unit is about average.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
The injector is a nurse practitioner in a multiple doctor clinic. She has been doing this for 3 yrs. and this clinic has a very good reputation. I am still concerned because I def. do not want that angry look, therefore I will consult with her about this very thing before the injections. It seems like the price is average!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:03 am      Reply with quote
How many units does one receive on average for the 11 area? I've heard it's like 20ish, is this true? Seems like a lot to me....I've been thinking about getting it strictly for avoiding the 11's...I don't have any per se...but I can see the hint of them coming...and may I just say I don't want them Laughing

I would think that I wouldn't need as much Tox as someone that actually has the 11's....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I usually get around 15 units for the 11's. But I have gone longer and longer in between these days as I have re-trained that muscle and I don't use it as much as I use to.
Now the forehead and crowsfeet areas can take a lot of units, it's been a while so I don't remember.
I only did the forehead once but I did not like the result, it was like a brow LOWER rather than lift.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply Annie...now when you say your brow fell a bit, do you mean when you toxed the actual brow or when you had it in the 11's? If you actually do mean the brow, have you ever had issues with botox in your 11 area? I would hate to get droop there.....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:43 am      Reply with quote
when u get the botox, do you only need to pay for the material, or you need to pay them for doing the inject too?

and how long it can last?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I made an appointment to have my cheeks done in a few weeks and I will also possibly be getting my 11 area botoxed for the first time. Looking forward to both! I am really excited to be getting my cheeks back...it's been a while since I've seen those 2 Laughing

lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
its down to 8 a unit in sd
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
its down to 8 a unit in sd

Wow - wish I could find it that low around here! I was at the derm today getting a full body check (dad just had a melanoma removed last month Shock ) - asked what their charge was for Botox. $16/unit! I have a PS friend who will do it at my house (& he's SO good at placement!) for $10/unit. I've also gone to a training session & had it done for $6/unit, but the people injecting you are totally untrained - it might be their first time ever. I've been 3 times to one of those - first 2 were ok, the last time, one of the trainees got the Botox too low on my brow & one of my brows sagged a bit. I also tend to think they dilute the Botox more for those events. Results lasted much longer for me when my PS friend did it!

Since I need 42 to 50 units to get my 11's (mine's actually just a very deep 1), my brow lines & crows feet done, every dollar/unit counts!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have a consult set up and I am really scared because I do not want droopy brows or angry look!
The nurse also told me that they use botox for upper lip lines. It would be nice to hear from some one who has had botox in that area! I wonder how well it worked and for how long and the pain involved!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:02 am      Reply with quote
The clinic I go to charges AUD$20.00 per unit. We get totally ripped off in Australia. Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Wow Keliu - that's robbery compared to what others are paying.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Sorry Bren21-totally missed your question. I had the dreaded droop with the entire forehead done and the 11's as well, but it was the forehead that pushed it down so to speak.
I don't get it with just the 11's, although I had the angry cat one time from a newbie at a different clinic. They were offering a special and I cheated on my preferred to go there.
Lesson learned!
I have heard and seen of good results from the upper lip lines. It's great for smokers, but good luck drinking thru a straw!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying Annie...and I hear ya on not going to your "preferred" injector. I did that my second time with Juvederm just to save $200 and ended up looking like I did a couple rounds with the champ afterwards and she put way too much in my marionettes...had the puffy look for a few months...

This place I am going to for my cheeks and the botox is not my usual Juvederm spa, but a plastic surgeons day spa who happens to be the best "face" guy around here in Wisconsin, that's all he does and he's damn good. I wanted someone with more experience when I am getting my cheeks and the botox done.

...it's hard when all around me spa's are having February specials of free syringes with purchase of another or half off specials with the botox and fillers...I could have saved at minimum $200...but I fought off the urge to take advantage of it and went with someone who knows what the hell they are doing Laughing

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I would rather have the subtle changes and people saying I look "rested" than people looking at me and wondering what the heck is wrong with my face.
It is a scary world out there with every place selling botox and juvaderm with only weekend injection courses to train.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
It is a scary world out there with every place selling botox and juvaderm with only weekend injection courses to train.

This is something that really bugs me. People say it's important to find a good injector - but how do you do that? There's really no way of finding out how qualified someone is.

Last time I had my cheeks augmented I was the training "guinea pig". The representative was demonstrating how to inject the filler whilst the other nurses watched on. It was a new injection technique because it was a thicker type of filler. All the nurses did was watch - they had no hands-on training. Just watching something being done doesn't make you an expert in it IMO.

I get totally sick of going to clinics and leaving with the feeling that these nurses don't know what the heck they're doing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
AnnieR wrote:

This is something that really bugs me. People say it's important to find a good injector - but how do you do that? There's really no way of finding out how qualified someone is.

Well, I've been a "model" for some of those weekend training courses. It was definitely a hands-on course. The trainer(s) did the first model, then helped everyone mark places to inject on the other models. My first 2 experiences were fine - although the first guy I got was used to doing injections in ER on unconscious people so he had a lot to learn on technique (ow!). The 3rd time, one of the trainees was a little timid & probably was a little afraid of doing it right - she got the injection a little too low on my brow & my eyebrow sagged (but not on both sides, 'cause she didn't do the other side). Probably not noticeable to most people but bugged me. Thank goodness that particular dose of Botox didn't last as long as they usually do.

I would say word-of-mouth is the best way to find someone good - but you have to find someone willing to admit they've had it done!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
So far what I have found is that botox is being injected by technicians while the fillers are being injected by doctors. That is why I was glad to find a nurse practitioner in the field of dermatology who was doing the botox injections. I am still very apprehensive!
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I pay $10 a unit in the Atlanta-metro area. I also am a member of the Brilliant Distinctions program through Allergran and get additional discounts and incentives. I belonged to another program they had before it was discontinued.

I do not think I will be getting Botox again, but the jury is still out on that. I have it for a line between my brows. Last time I had a filler as well and to be honest, the results of the filler are pretty amazing while the Botox, not so great. My line is fairly etched in my skin and with Botox alone I can still see the line faintly. With the filler, it is mostly diminished.

My sister told me the area between the brows is one that needs someone extremely skilled to do filler because if they nick a blood vessel and inject it there, it can cause necrosis of the skin in the area. All in all, I am going to just stick with my Frownies. I have trained myself not to make the ugly face.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Keliu-you are right finding an injector is tough.
My first botox (and still my current) was done by the doctor where one of my best buds worked and she had it done. Later, she trained and became one.
Now when I have strayed, it was hit or miss and so I always went back to my original med/spa.
If an eyebrow is higher than another, adjustments can be made with an other couple units to even it out. I've had that happen from time to time and they have always been happy to fix it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
several years ago I had restylane injected in my nasolabial lines and some was left over so the doctor injected it in my very faint 11 line. This very skilled plastic surgeon has retired and I am not able to find any doctors in this area who are comfortable injecting fillers in in the 11 line. That is why I was thinking about botox!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |