Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Smith's Rosebud Salve
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Smith's Rosebud Salve

this multipurpose salve comes in a old fashion tin jar with lid. it looks like watermellon but smells like a sweet concoction of fruit and candy. yummmmmmy! i dab a little on my lips and it keeps them moist and pretty looking all day. it is light weight, glides on easily with a few lip presses, and stays put.

the best part of this salve is that it is multipurpose. i keep it in my purse, and while on the run, i use it for my lips and hands. for hands i scoop a bit out with clean hands ( a clean finger will do) placing it on the back of my hands. i rub the back of my hands together, and the salve keeps my hands moist and sealed for hours. i also massage some salve on to my cuticles and nails which give them a shiny, polished, and healthy appearance.

at home, i use the salve for the heels of my feet. as a nighttime treatment, i'll layer my heels and any other dry spots, massage in, and wear ankle socks to bed. i find that it helps to keep dry layers of skin from accumulating on my heels.

the directions say that it is good for elbows and knees, and helps to heal skin irritations.

a multipurpose dynamo in tin!
love it and have 2 tins!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I always have Rosebud salve somewhere in my purse or nightstand. I've also given it as a gift to friends for years now. Everyone loves it and I haven't had any complaints of reactions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
that's true.
very good idea! would make great stocking stuffers... and great spa gift bags for birthdays.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I love the tins, so retro & cute. I'm not crazy about all the flavours in the line, though - the smell of mint rose made me nauseous, although a lot of people seem to like it.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
3rd.oculus wrote:
I love the tins, so retro & cute. I'm not crazy about all the flavours in the line, though - the smell of mint rose made me nauseous, although a lot of people seem to like it.

Laughing it makes for a good appetite suppressant! Wink

i haven't tried the mint rose but i like the other flavors.

3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Which ones would you recommend? I'm debating whether to try Mocha Rose or Strawberry next.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
the regular rosebud is lightly scented. and i also like the brambleberry.
but it really depends on what scent you like.

and you missed the sale by a few days. rosebud was on sale with 30% off!

3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oh noo, I didn't know they were on sale! Actually I hardly visit the main EDS site unless I need something. The forums are more interesting;)

Thanks for the tip, I'll pick up brambleberry next Smile
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
yes it was the valentines days sale. i think the next sale is mother's day.

you don't go on to the main shopping site? i go there all time, even if its to look at the pretty pictures of the all the products that i want. Laughing

you're welcome. have fun!

3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I must mark on my calendar to check EDS when Mother's day is coming up then. Hopefully it will go on sale again.

I've also seen it 2 for 1 at Urban Outfitters, but since they're overpriced there to begin with, it's not that great a deal.
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I use it now! Strawberry ¬¬great
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Now I don't know which one to go for! Maybe I will do the 2 for 1 and get both. . .
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Just read the ingredients on Smith's again - the main ingredient is petrolatum.

Maybe not such a great thing.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:55 am      Reply with quote
3rd.oculus wrote:

oooooo no, i didn't see that. i didn't even check.
i thought it was a old fashioned wholesome brand. Eh?

3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Easy to miss - they were really tricky about the way they listed it (from the Sephora site):

Ingredients:
Cotton Seed Oil and Aromol, with essential oils blended in a special petrolatum base.

. . . meaning that the main ingredient is petrolatum Crying or Very sad
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
3rd.oculus wrote:
Easy to miss - they were really tricky about the way they listed it (from the Sephora site):

Ingredients:
Cotton Seed Oil and Aromol, with essential oils blended in a special petrolatum base.

. . . meaning that the main ingredient is petrolatum Crying or Very sad

yah, that's not good. then its more like an expensive vaseline. Neutral

mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
These little tins last soooo long too. My kids use it when their toes get dry skin from spending too much time in wet boots.

A must-have!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud salve is also my must have, besides all, i use it as a cure and comfort for scratches, works wonde
vinco
5% products discount

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm having one on my nightstand Very Happy . The package is so cute. I usually use it as lip balm. It makes my lips look plumper and gives them nice pink color.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
3rd.oculus wrote:

I just got this sampler of a brand called Deep Steep and they have a moisture stick that is all natural and petroleum free.

it is 15ml and a twist up stick..kinda looks like a giant lip balm (and the tube says you can use it on lips).

I actually was not expecting much from this brand, which is why I had bought the travel/sampler kit just to test out the products.

the moisture stick was the only full size item.

I've only tried the honeydew mint scent, and so far I find the stick does not really smell like much.
compared to the body lotion, body wash that do smell more, the stick almost has no scent.(which is fine as I hate overly scented body stuff).

The stick moisturizes well, and the lip balm on my desk ran out and so instead of using the same thing I'm now using this every day instead, it does moisturize well.

I just ordered a laveneder camomille deep steep set for my mom and it has the stick but with lavender-and I'll find out this week if she likes it as she does not have that yet.

their website iswww.deepsteep.com

and the cheapest place I saw this at was vitacost.com

But I HATE the vitacost service, so instead of buying there I pricematched at skincarerx and got an extra 15% off Smile

Deep steep is also 100% natural!

ingredients from online:

Vitamin E acts as a powerful antioxidant. Cocoa Butter softens and strengthens the skin. Dandelion naturally detoxifies.
why we love it
It melts on contact with the skin.

----------
Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Infusion of Organic Herbs; Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Melo (Honeydew) Fruit Extract, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Organic Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Organic Glycine Soja (Soy) Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aroma (Organic and Wildcrafted Essential Oil Blend), Tocopherol (Vitamin E) Natural.

------------
Badger balm is also nice, the original one is the only one I tried.
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:11 am      Reply with quote
i think i got 2 jars from EDS as gifts though i don't really use them. I hardly use anything on my lips unless with make up or in dry weather.
it's quite oily to apply it during the day on your fingers wouldn't it?

btw does anyone know when the next sale is coming? i'm dying to buy some stuff but no sale no buy!!! Sad plus i have to pay for overweight!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |