Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PREPARATION H for puffy eyes??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used preparation h to tighten their eyes? I read online that it helps with puffiness and dark circles. it makes the eyes look firmer. but I also read it needs to be purchased from canada because they still sell the one without biodyne wich causes irritation.

I don't have baggy eyes or dark circles but somehow my eyes are puffy lately wich makes my wrincles more pronouced
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:55 am      Reply with quote
yeah i heard about this.
i was too embarassed to try, so i made my boyfriend do it! Laughing
it didn't work for him.

it may work for you. everyone is different.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I've heard of using Preparation H also so would like to know if this works and if there is a better form. Hope someone can help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:08 am      Reply with quote
That was a "Hollywood" beauty trick for many years but and I don't recall exactly why anymore but it's said not to be a safe thing to use around your eyes. I would have to go digging to see what that reason is but I know I have read it in a number of places!

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:42 am      Reply with quote
here is a tip maybe you can give it a try

use ur ring finger tap there, and while you tap, your eye must looking up....dunno if u can understand me

it is not a one day you will see result thing, but keep doing it, it is good both for baggy eyes and dark circle

at least it worked very well for me. two years ago, while i began to see the eye bag and dark circle (well the dar circle were always there just was getting worse at that time), i met a professional, and he told me this way.

he explained the reason why it would help....sorry for my english, it is such a pain for me to explain it , but if you really want to know ,i can try to type it...

anyway, i keep doing this for like 2 years now, my eye has no baggy or dark circle. however it does not help the fine-line though

since it cost nothing, does not hurt to give it a try i think
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:51 am      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
here is a tip maybe you can give it a try

use ur ring finger tap there, and while you tap, your eye must looking up....dunno if u can understand me

it is not a one day you will see result thing, but keep doing it, it is good both for baggy eyes and dark circle

at least it worked very well for me. two years ago, while i began to see the eye bag and dark circle (well the dar circle were always there just was getting worse at that time), i met a professional, and he told me this way.

he explained the reason why it would help....sorry for my english, it is such a pain for me to explain it , but if you really want to know ,i can try to type it...

anyway, i keep doing this for like 2 years now, my eye has no baggy or dark circle. however it does not help the fine-line though

since it cost nothing, does not hurt to give it a try i think

thank you!
it must be some lymphatic thing? like lymphatic drainage... and it sounds like the tapping of the clarisonic opal! the gadget for eyes.

i'm intrigued.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:52 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
That was a "Hollywood" beauty trick for many years but and I don't recall exactly why anymore but it's said not to be a safe thing to use around your eyes. I would have to go digging to see what that reason is but I know I have read it in a number of places!

DM

wasn't prepH suggested for pimples also?
to apply to blemishes, to get inflammation down?

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

DM

wasn't prepH suggested for pimples also?
to apply to blemishes, to get inflammation down?

That might be, I have only heard about using it for bags under the eyes! I have never tried it myself! Smile

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
A spokesperson for Whitehall-Robins, maker of Preparation H, informed us that the product "helps shrink hemorrhoidal tissue and is not meant for the area around the eyes. There is no clinical evidence to support that it reduces eye puffiness." She said they get this question less frequently than they used to, perhaps because Prep H has been reformulated. One of the ingredients that supposedly reduced puffiness was "live yeast cell," but this is no longer part of the recipe.

Actually, it's debatable whether anything will help puffy eyes, which result from fluid retention caused by allergies, stress, etc. The ingredient in Preparation H that supposedly reduces swelling is phenylephrine HCl, which is used in nasal decongestants to constrict blood vessels. However, according to Paula Begoun, author of The Beauty Bible, Preparation H doesn't work where it's supposed to work, so what are the chances it'll work in the minimal concentrations you'd use on your eyes? Jane emphatically concurs, and Cecil politely assumes these women know whereof they speak.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1308/does-preparation-h-cure-baggy-eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
A spokesperson for Whitehall-Robins, maker of Preparation H, informed us that the product "helps shrink hemorrhoidal tissue and is not meant for the area around the eyes. There is no clinical evidence to support that it reduces eye puffiness." She said they get this question less frequently than they used to, perhaps because Prep H has been reformulated. One of the ingredients that supposedly reduced puffiness was "live yeast cell," but this is no longer part of the recipe.

Actually, it's debatable whether anything will help puffy eyes, which result from fluid retention caused by allergies, stress, etc. The ingredient in Preparation H that supposedly reduces swelling is phenylephrine HCl, which is used in nasal decongestants to constrict blood vessels. However, according to Paula Begoun, author of The Beauty Bible, Preparation H doesn't work where it's supposed to work, so what are the chances it'll work in the minimal concentrations you'd use on your eyes? Jane emphatically concurs, and Cecil politely assumes these women know whereof they speak.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1308/does-preparation-h-cure-baggy-eyes

thanks honey!

GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Preparation-H no longer contains the ingredient (bio-dyne) that made it effective for puffy eyes. I believe the original forumla is still available in Canada but not the US.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Preparation-H no longer contains the ingredient (bio-dyne) that made it effective for puffy eyes. I believe the original forumla is still available in Canada but not the US.

thanks.
yes its still in canada. i haven't read the ingredients.

i'm not sure now if it is worth reading?!

Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I remember reading that it actually tightens the skin (the one with the biodyne). Only temporarily though. So it can be used on any loose skin areas. I remember a body builder using it on her stomach skin before a comp.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Q: i've read that preparation h hemmeriod cream is good for getting rid of dark rings around your eyes as it shrinks the blood vessels but which brand do i use?p.s please don't say get more sleep! I know that, everyone needs more sleep. I get the recomended amount every night nearly. It's a genetic thing
A: There are many causes of dark circles, from age, heredity, allergies, cold or sinus infection, bone structure and glasses which are not so commonly known. http://www.mydarkcirclesblog.com/2006/11/27/causes-of-dark-circles/If you would like to apply home remedies to reduce dark circles, here are some of my suggestions:Buy a box of regular, old fashioned unflavored gelatin (e.g. Knox) from grocery store. Take a small cup or bowl and put in 1 teaspoon of the gelatin mix. Add one tablespoon of boiling water & stir for a minute. Test it on your wrist to make sure it is not too hot. Then, using a cotton ball, pat it under your eyes as you would an eye cream or gel. Go lie down and listen to some music, or take a bath & let it stay on for at least 30 minutes. Then just rinse it off.Gelatin is very high in Vitamin K & Biotin. It will not remove your dark circles on the first application (but you will notice a difference), but if you do it daily for a week, and then 2-3 times a week for maintenance, you should notice a drastic reduction in dark circles.http://www.mydarkcirclesblog.com/2007/01/01/special-spa-home-remedy-to-reduce-dark-circles/

http://www.health002.com/Medicine/what-do-you-use-preparation-h-for.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:22 am      Reply with quote
If you get the original formula please read you should make sure not to get it into your eyes!

http://www.ehow.com/i/#article_5194416

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:21 am      Reply with quote
thanks angel!

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:27 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
thanks angel!

I don't want anyone irritating their pretty eyes or worse causing damage! Smile

DM
So be really careful! I wouldn't use it after reading the problems it can cause babydoll!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:30 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
llina wrote:
thanks angel!

I don't want anyone irritating their pretty eyes or worse causing damage! Smile

DM
So be really careful! I wouldn't use it after reading the problems it can cause babydoll!

ohhhh nooooo i'm not going to use it. i'd be too embarassed to take it up to the cash counter. Embarassed

that was a thank you, for clarification, just in case some other member was interested in it.

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |