Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

why does massage not work for me???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I first tried Carol Maggio years ago and after no results quit until Ageless made such an impression on everyone here. All i saw was "fat" on my cheek had moved - but nothing else.

NOW ive been doing Tanika for maybe almost 2 months? and.... it feels good and Ill continue with it. But I read how some of you guys have to slow down or stop because your changes are so noticeable.. i just dont get it and am so jealous. Smile

Im 37 and my skin is not taught - i have lines around my mouth and nasiofolds (sp) maybe due to facial injections I had years ago or my cheek, chin implants and maybe nothign can be done about those lines - but its frustrating!!!

i also drybrush, dermaroll (.5 and 2.0), cup, have a facemaster and even bought a facemate recently. Ahhhh!
Thanks for any input...
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
i'm sorry you're feeling so frusterated.

i've use alot of stuff... including gadgets... i just keep collecting them as i go along. i try to think of them as investments. use them when i need to, depending on what part of the face needs extra work. i believe each one has its own benefits. i just don't have time to use all of them all at once. on the upside, i do find that i use all of them ... in a loose rotation. btw, i have the facemaster too, and looking for the facemaster platnium.

as for the tanaka i've been using it for 2-3 months. my progress is slow... but i know that i SEE a difference, i FEEL the difference. my best friend had shocking results after her first massage. Shock not kidding.

but with all the nicey smelly products, super duper gadgets, and the trendy new techniques of massage/exercise, no matter what try to have fun whatever you're doing. Very Happy

i know since i've come to EDS i'm having the most fun with skincare and anti aging, ever! its keeping me focused and motivated about my health, and skincare.

i'm sorry. i hope you feel better... and i hope you start getting AMAZING results.
all the best to you!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply and the kind words!!! I do enjoy all the skincare stuff I have... but when i dont see results and read others are.... its like "whats wrong with me???" 2nd thought - i spent how much on this crap? Smile

I had asked before how long tanaka would take but still reading how some have to slow down cause the changes are so dramatic... is it their muscles, the strength they use during hte massage itself??

i always have this feeling of being left out and failing at everything (depression and anxiety) but now it has to include g..dam skincare too????

: ) (this is a slight smile)
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
Thanks for the reply and the kind words!!! I do enjoy all the skincare stuff I have... but when i dont see results and read others are.... its like "whats wrong with me???" 2nd thought - i spent how much on this crap? Smile

I had asked before how long tanaka would take but still reading how some have to slow down cause the changes are so dramatic... is it their muscles, the strength they use during hte massage itself??

i always have this feeling of being left out and failing at everything (depression and anxiety) but now it has to include g..dam skincare too????

: ) (this is a slight smile)

mb,
i not sure which tanaka thread you're on. i'm assuming it is the recent tanaka, and not the one that goes like this...'has anyone heard of japanese bone...'

there is an original thread that is old. there are members there that have been following/using this massage for months. it is different for different pple due to many factors but health is one. are you over-doing the massage? you see absolutely no results?

myself, and even anyone that is doing tanaka from EDS, i know for a fact are not experts. we're all doing this free, using the online link. i know only a few have the authentic dvd and book...critic and a couple others.

i'm sorry you're frusterated and feel left out... i really don't know what else to tell you. i'm sorry that you're depressed... even our emotional state effects our physical.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:

the original thread is this. it gets confusing because this thread is talking about two massages. you have to read carefully, but there a key points to the original thread. i have read and reread this thread till my eyes bulged.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35925

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
i'm working now...
but later tonight i'll post more relevant links. it seems a few are confused.

also, may i recommend something for you? have you seen the DVD the Secret? if you get a chance try to watch it. i hope it helps you.

i'm very sorry you're feeling down these days. i really hope things will get better for you. it is a new year, and shortly a new chinese new year... i believe things will get much better for all of us.

all the best to you! i sincerely mean that.
lina

mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
awww. thanks again - you are VERY sweet!!!

I actually have gone thru ALL the threads and I was actually one of the many confused readers on that main thread for awhile.

But I now have the tanaka video with english translation. I also have many other links saved.

So you really dont have to bother with sending me those links.

But I TRULY appreciate your kindness and time!!
i heard of the secret - will look into it.

michele
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
awww. thanks again - you are VERY sweet!!!

I actually have gone thru ALL the threads and I was actually one of the many confused readers on that main thread for awhile.

But I now have the tanaka video with english translation. I also have many other links saved.

So you really dont have to bother with sending me those links.

But I TRULY appreciate your kindness and time!!
i heard of the secret - will look into it.

michele

very good!
yes, try to watch the secret... it will give you ways of the looking at your world, how to concentrate on what you want, it gives you a positive focus. i think we all need to focus on our own lives... and find myself getting distracted. i have a personal copy and try to watch the dvd every so often.

k, michele... think happy thoughts i hope that happiness translates into your beautiful face!

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
I first tried Carol Maggio years ago and after no results quit until Ageless made such an impression on everyone here. All i saw was "fat" on my cheek had moved - but nothing else.

NOW ive been doing Tanika for maybe almost 2 months? and.... it feels good and Ill continue with it. But I read how some of you guys have to slow down or stop because your changes are so noticeable.. i just dont get it and am so jealous. Smile

Im 37 and my skin is not taught - i have lines around my mouth and nasiofolds (sp) maybe due to facial injections I had years ago or my cheek, chin implants and maybe nothign can be done about those lines - but its frustrating!!!

i also drybrush, dermaroll (.5 and 2.0), cup, have a facemaster and even bought a facemate recently. Ahhhh!
Thanks for any input...

mb935, do not feel alone. I just had this same conversation on another thread with hermosa, frodo, and keliu. None of us ever get that "wow" that everyone else seems to get either. I have a feeling there are many more that do not, but they just don't post their non-results!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
michele,

i was on the original tanaka thread. when we were all having problems translating the japanese/chinese to english, i contacted everyone i knew... and searched online. i found one super nice lady that is super duper experienced with skincare, esp asian skincerea... sesame! i contacted her about the tanaka massage and i believe one of her website guest came to EDS and translated the tanaka massage for EDS.

anyway, about your skincare concerns. i believe if anyone can help you with this/or have insights to your lack of progress, it may be sesame. perhaps you can chat with her. i find her to be a kind and experienced woman... and she kept her word that she would check out the tanaka masage and our forum. and she did!

http://www.vivawoman.net/2009/12/28/hisako-tanaka-face-contouring-massage/comment-page-1/#comment-289266

when you have time, check her out. its worth a try.
lina

kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
mb935 wrote:

Thanks for any input...

mb935, do not feel alone. I just had this same conversation on another thread with hermosa, frodo, and keliu. None of us ever get that "wow" that everyone else seems to get either. I have a feeling there are many more that do not, but they just don't post their non-results!

Hi Mb935,
I'm also one of those people who don't get the "Wow" or overnight results either. If something (skincare treatment for example) promises results in 4 weeks, I know I'd better plan on (maybe) seeing some progress after 8 or 12! And, there are a number of times when things just don't make any difference at all.

I know it can be frustrating, but I still keep trying and hoping. Just know, there are some of us in the same boat!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:02 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Personally, I believe that it's impossible to get "wow" results from doing something, anything a couple of times. Surely the physiology of the body is such that it simply cannot be changed so quickly. I seriously doubt that it is possible to change the shape of the face or make any noticeable difference to it by massaging it a few times.

I think any skin care regimen, be it topicals, gadgets or massage is a matter of perseverance - just keep on keeping on!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Personally, I believe that it's impossible to get "wow" results from doing something, anything a couple of times.

I agree. However, we have Miranda on the penetration thread that seems to have gotten rid of a wrinkle overnight? So, what do we make of that?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:29 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Personally, I believe that it's impossible to get "wow" results from doing something, anything a couple of times.

I agree. However, we have Miranda on the penetration thread that seems to have gotten rid of a wrinkle overnight? So, what do we make of that?

Count me in on no wow in a month much less over night! Could it be continued inflammation? I am not saying yes or no but we don't know how long the skin may stay inflamed from any "irritant" it can differ from one time to the next! I suppose time will answer about Miranda's results, maybe she really had a rare miracle result? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks girls!!

Actually I did read a little of that conversation on the other thread and was starting to feel a bit better. Not to be a jerk about it - we're all here to learn to improve our imperfections (and to feel better about ourselves) - but to know its not just me (failing) makes me feel less depressed. Smile

I guess Ill just continue doing what Im doing...

Good luck to you all as well! Smile

and thanks again llina - ill look at the site now!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
Thanks girls!!

Actually I did read a little of that conversation on the other thread and was starting to feel a bit better. Not to be a jerk about it - we're all here to learn to improve our imperfections (and to feel better about ourselves) - but to know its not just me (failing) makes me feel less depressed. Smile

I don't think you are being a jerk about anything mb935. It does get a little discouraging at times hearing about everyone else's great results when one is not not getting any of their own! Misery loves company! Keliu is right that improvement takes time, so we keep on plugging and I am sure eventually we will have change. Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

We just turn green with envy! However, I do consider rolling a far more agressive treatment than most of the others, especially massage - and she's also applying 0.1% Retin-A afterwards (also agressive). But I've also tried all of this and haven't achieved the same results - at least, not as quickly. Mind you, I'm much older and I'm sure age impacts heavily on what we can expect to achieve.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
Thanks girls!!

you're welcome michele.
i think you sound so much better.
a little support and understanding goes a long way. and we have eds members to thank for that.

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm in the "No Wow Zone", too. I agree with Keliu thst the older you are, the longer it takes. Additionally, perhaps you never get the "WOW" when you begin these programs a few years after meno.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |