Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PRIMROSE oil made my breasts very firm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mangosteen
5% products discount

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
Wouldn't taking 6000 g of EPO make you fat? How many fat grams are we talking about?

Natalyn, eating fat does not make one fat. Consuming more calories than are burned is what causes the the excess to be stored as body fat. Hope that helps...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
mangosteen wrote:
Natalyn wrote:
Wouldn't taking 6000 g of EPO make you fat? How many fat grams are we talking about?

Natalyn, eating fat does not make one fat. Consuming more calories than are burned is what causes the the excess to be stored as body fat. Hope that helps...

That defies logic! LOL Of course, eating fat can and will make you fat if you can't burn it off. We don't have a license to eat unlimited fatty food even if it's good fat. I started getting chub around my waist when I was eating half an avocado every day. I do exercise everyday in terms of walking 60-90 minutes (3-4 miles), so it's not like I'm not working out, but too much fat is definitely not good for my waist line. It's hard to control amount of fat intake since you some time don't know how much is in the food you eat, especially if you go out to eat at a restaurant. So I try to be cautious with what I can control.
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:

It's 6g - 6000mg

6000g is 6 kilos Laughing
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
has wrote:
Natalyn wrote:

It's 6g - 6000mg

6000g is 6 kilos Laughing

Oh Laughing 6 kg is definitely going to fatten my belly AND breasts. So taking 6 g of EPO means 6 more grams cut in to my daily allowance of fat intake I guess. I try to only allow myself 35 fat grams a day, but it's so easy to eat way more than that.
twdollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:11 am      Reply with quote
i love this thread. lol

so primrose oil..and

someone mentioned omega 3 really changed their life how?

I'ts really hard to get into the habit of taking supplements everyday. Especially if we have to take so much.:P
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Evening primrose oil has few known side effects, aside from possible bloating or gastrointestinal upset. The only severe side effect is a possible increased risk of temporal lobe epilepsy in schizophrenia patients taking a type of medication called phenothiazine epileptogenic drugs. It also should not be used by patients suffering mania, because it is speculated that evening primrose oil may make their symptoms worse. It is generally recommended that pregnant women do not take evening primrose oil, because it may alter the composition of breast milk.

This is from here http://www.essortment.com/lifestyle/benefitssideef_sjkq.htm

So I think it's safe to take - if you read the article it can actually help with cramps etc. My question right now is about amount recommended, so will search some more.

Edit to add - http://www.evening-primrose-oil.com/

It's really true! It helps women in one side but also affects in another side. That's why I do not dare to try primrose oil, although I'm really interested it Sad
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have to add my .02 here... For a little over a year I've been taking Barlean's Essential Woman - a table spoon a day - it's horrible tasting, let me tell you, but when I chase it with a bit of orange juice it really masks the flavor - but it has flax seed, evening primrose, rosemary - and it has helped immensely with peri menopause symptoms - plus my hair is shiny and healthy and my skin looks so much better - but.....I'm telling you....the breasts - they look like they did 10 years ago AND my stretch marks are nearly gone. I JUST noticed this recently...but they look so much firmer, not bigger, but higher and firmer. It's really something! The only thing I'm doing is taking a New Chapter Women's One Daily, 400mgs of Vitamin E, and a Coromega Packet everyday - for those who don't like the fish oil burps - this is the way to go - I have those packets with me everwhere. Not only that, but my libido is back - it had gone on retreat for quite a while, much to the sadness of my husband, but now...ha! I'm ahem...much more amorous. I'm very glad about this b/c I couldn't do hormone replacement therapy. My body doesn't do well with any hormones - I couldn't even be on the pill and tried a bunch of them. So this regimen has been a life sasver for me!

Maria Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:44 am      Reply with quote
that makes sense. EPO is great for PMS and reducing inflammation in the body and balancing female hormones !
Good to hear Smile.
moi_dar

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:18 am      Reply with quote
After reading this thread I promptly bought 270 1000mg EPO. I'm a mother of 2 in my 30s and could see my breast sagging. Have been rather bothered by it and was considering alternative options for firming the breast.

My gyn told me there is an injection that can help to strengthen my coopers ligament and I was googling the web for more information when I chanced upon this forum.

I have just started taking the EPO (6 capsules) and will report back on the effectiveness.

Wish me luck!
moi_dar

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Ok Ladies,

I have started taking Kordel's 1000mg EPO cold pressed capsules. This is my 2nd day taking 6 pills/day.

So far my breast begins to feel more tender and sore and my acnes on my face cleared up. I look more radiant. Not sure whether I can attribute all to the EPO but I have not change/done anything else to suggest otherwise.

Have not seen my breasts firming up yet, but feels promising. I will definitely report back after 1 week for all those who are keen to know.
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Mariav: did you mention 3 things there? Which one helped with the breast booster do you think? Or did you start them all at the same time?
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:47 am      Reply with quote
TTD wrote:
Mariav: did you mention 3 things there? Which one helped with the breast booster do you think? Or did you start them all at the same time?

Hey TTD - without a doubt, it was the Barlean's Essential Woman that helped out in the breastical department! Smile Plus it helped me big time with perimenopause sympoms - and what it does for skin - really glowy and healthy looking - it's a potent elixir! It really does not taste good at ALL, but for me it's worth it! (I take one tablespoon a day and chase it with O.J. because it really helps mask the flavor). As I hear that a liquid form of a supplement/nutrient makes its way into your bloodstream much quicker than a tablet or capsule form, I try to find liquids as much as I can....the EPO in liquid form has really made a positive difference. I can't see myself ever not using it!

Maria

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank u so much Mariav for sharing this all...where can i buy the Barlean"s eseential ?
gumdropday
5% products discount

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

You can get Barlean's at Vitacost.
havana8

Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
iHerb is another option for the Barlean's.

Mariav, thanks for all the recs. I usually do the flax oil but like that the Barlean's also includes the EPO. It sure beats the capsules which have never agreed with me. Anyways, I've been adding the Barlean's to my yogurt every morning and don't notice the taste at all. The Coromega surprisingly is very pleasant too....
Sexi
5% products discount

Tue May 04, 2010 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
EPO oil is good for fibrocystic breast disease also. About 15 years ago I found a lump, would get larger, smaller depending on the time of the month. When it was at it's largest both girls would hurt SO BAD I would cry like a baby when I took my bra off for a bath etc. The soreness would last about 5 days each month. Mammagrams, ultrasounds all showed nothing at all, surgeon checked it & watched it close every month for a while, then every 3 months, no changes. Diagnosis Fibrocyctic breast disease. I was told to quit ALL caffeine intake & take EPO twice a day. Thinking to myself, this was to simple to work, but cheap. I tried it.............. it works, no pain in years & lumps are gone. However if I do drink a regular soda, tea etc even 1, 16 ounce bottle, then next 2 or 3 days I will pay for it & the pain is bad enough it isn't worth it. I drink nothing but caffein free diet pepsi, root beer, without caffeine, decaf tea, juice, water etc. Of course I hate coffee anyway so I got lucky LOL, but I could sure put away the pepsi.
karen raulerson

Wed May 05, 2010 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Is there any special time of the day when to take this?or in divided doses? I am eager to try! Cool Very Happy
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Just found one more herb that's claimed to do the job.
Pueraria Mirifica is supposed to increase firmness and bust size, it's not expensive so I'm headin to vitamin cottage to get some Smile

It's funny what you can fond online. while doing a search I came across a cream that tightens vigina Shock

after having 3 kids thats definitly something to look into right???
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad to hear that EPO can help with fibrocystic breasts. This is something that most of the women in my family suffer from and we have never been given any remedies for it. I'm 39yo and have had one cyst removed already, but my doctor will not recommend removing the one I have now. It has been biopsied and the results came back negative, but it causes a lot of pain when I'm premenstrual and can increase in size to make my breasts differ by up to at least a cup size. My Omega supplement does contain EPO, but I just went out and bought an extra EPO supplement that I'm going to add to my ever growing daily supplement regimen. I would love for it to help with the cysts. And who wouldn't want firmer breasts?!

I'm learning so much on these forums already! Thanks! Very Happy
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:33 am      Reply with quote
wow! what an exciting thread. i will have to try this. i would love to hear more updates
hippie_sotong
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
can you share the recipe for this? i'm thinkin of mixing the primrose oil with aloe vera and do breast massage with that!
musettarose
5% products discount

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:43 am      Reply with quote
My doctor (who is also into natural health) gave me natural progesterone cream to take from day 14 to 26 of cycle, because I guess once you reach 35 your progesterone levels can lower. Anyway, I read that if you put it on your breasts, they will grow, and I kid you not I went from a large B to a D! He says to only take for 3 months is enough to balance. I do it about once a year for 3 months, or when I get a migraine.

You can also order it without script, but the key is 'natural' cream or oil, it comes in a wonderful coconut oil too.
Here is some info if you want to do more research.http://www.johnleemd.com/store/faqs_progest_crm.html
LizK
5% products discount

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Triactol serum on my breasts for 2 months twice daily. It contains Pueraria Mirifica and supposedly firms up the breasts, also reducing menopausal symptoms. It is expensive and so far I can see no difference at all! It's pleasant to use, but I won't be reordering.
Liz
hippie_sotong
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:43 am      Reply with quote
instead of pouring EPO all over my hands and boobs, i went to prick open one of the EPO capsules and squeezed the oil out. it's so much neater Very Happy
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
has wrote:
Just found one more herb that's claimed to do the job.
Pueraria Mirifica is supposed to increase firmness and bust size, it's not expensive so I'm headin to vitamin cottage to get some Smile

It's funny what you can fond online. while doing a search I came across a cream that tightens vigina Shock

after having 3 kids thats definitly something to look into right???

Pueraria does work. I had an increase in size, fullness and cleavage that was permanent- about a cup but I discontinued taking it because there were some side effects: don't use it all month long or it can mess up your menstrual cycles. Mine started being irregular and up to 40 days long (a normal cycle for me was 26 days, so that was quite a change!)
My periods were way less painful but with much heavier bleeding/flooding, which I had never had issues with before. I also think it made me very estrogen dominant, as I developed melasma and more cellulite simultaneously. Not fun!

It's recommended to take for only 2 weeks, starting the day after your period ends (I think if someone is in menopause they can take it for 2 weeks anytime).

It might be worth using it topically, rather than internally. Topical does seem to work and now I use the extract mixed with jojoba oil at a 20% concentration without the issues I had taking it internally. I use short rounds of it from time to time to prevent weight-loss related boob loss when I go through periods of working out more. Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |