Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
PRIMROSE oil made my breasts very firm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
TTD wrote:
Mariav: did you mention 3 things there? Which one helped with the breast booster do you think? Or did you start them all at the same time?

Hey TTD - without a doubt, it was the Barlean's Essential Woman that helped out in the breastical department! Smile Plus it helped me big time with perimenopause sympoms - and what it does for skin - really glowy and healthy looking - it's a potent elixir! It really does not taste good at ALL, but for me it's worth it! (I take one tablespoon a day and chase it with O.J. because it really helps mask the flavor). As I hear that a liquid form of a supplement/nutrient makes its way into your bloodstream much quicker than a tablet or capsule form, I try to find liquids as much as I can....the EPO in liquid form has really made a positive difference. I can't see myself ever not using it!

Maria

Are you using the regular flavor or the chocolate raspberry?
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
There's a huge difference between the regular and the raspberry chocolate. The regular has a lot less additives. Plus it has twice the omega fats of the chocolate.

So the whole benefit of Barlean's is that you're consuming a lot of unsaturated fat? I think I'm going to give it a try. I've recently been doing a lot of reading about deficiencies, and EFAs deficiency is linked to dermatitis, which I think is what I have on my body. Plus I've just been plagued with whiteheads more so than usual.

From WEBMD:
Quote:

More specifically, explains Mary Sullivan, RN, alpha-lipoic acid helps neutralize skin cell damage caused by free radicals, much like vitamins C and E do. In one study conducted at Yale University and published in the Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics in 1999, researchers found that alpha-lipoic acid protected proteins against damage by free radicals. Sullivan says it also helps other vitamins work more effectively to rebuild skin cells damaged by environmental assaults, such as smoke and pollution. Alpha-lipoic acid is available in supplements or in creams.

Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs). If your skin is dry, prone to inflammation, and frequently dotted with white heads and black heads, you may be lacking essential fatty acids, nutrients that are crucial to the production of skin's natural oil barrier. Without an adequate supply of EFAs, the skin produces a more irritating form of sebum, or oil, which can result in problems.

The solution, says Sullivan, may be to balance two of the key EFAs, omega-3 and omega-6. While most folks get plenty of omega-6s (in baked goods, cooking oils, poultry, grains, and many other foods), omega-3s are often lacking. They're found mostly in cold-water fish, including salmon, sardines, and mackerel, flaxseed, and flax and safflower oils. Taking supplements, such as fish oil capsules or evening primrose oil, may also help keep your skin smoother and younger-looking.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am loving this site. I learn something new every day about skin care and beauty. This is the first I've heard about Primrose making breasts firmer. I may have to try this.
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I started Barlean's Essential Woman two days ago. I'll report back once a few weeks pass. Just a note on the taste. It really doesn't taste "bad." It just tastes like oil. Also I'd recommend getting the original unflavoured one. The raspberry one has lots of additives, flavourants, etc, and it's a less potent product.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Too much EPO can also be estrogenic, so be careful with it. The firmer, fuller breasts are indicative of the increase in estrogen... Wink
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Glamcat, what's too much?

Just a heads up for everyone - don't take this on an empty stomach. Wow, that causes such a stomach ache.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2012 12:30 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone has updates on EPO, Barlean's Essential Woman or Pueraria Mirifica supplements/creams?
If so, what dosage?
Where can I find Pueraria Mirifica extract, like one of the members was mentioning?
I did order some St Herb breast cream and PM pills (1000mg/day) a while ago, but after 3 months I noticed no difference, so I stopped...
Thanks!
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
How about doing lots of push-ups/arm exercises to strengthen the pectoral muscles? I've heard that doing that can firm up the breasts.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 10:46 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
How about doing lots of push-ups/arm exercises to strengthen the pectoral muscles? I've heard that doing that can firm up the breasts.

I do plenty, and I'm only a B cup... while there isn't significant sag, there is enough to get me depressed...

5% products discount

Fri May 25, 2012 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I must add my 2 cents worth here after I read the very first few posts. I am 52 currently, & considering my son is 22, it was probably right at 20 years ago I started taking Evening Primrose Oil caps. At the time I had some problems, (breast tendedness, well real pain! a few lumps and bumps in there too). After mammagrams, ultrasounds, surgeon's consults & every 6 months follow up appointments for a couple years, he released me with a diagnosis of breast fibrocystic disease. During these 2 years, his treatment was Evening Primrose Oil 6000MG/day, and no caffeine, (yeh I know I was a pepsi attict!). It worked, no pain, no more lumps & bumps. I continue the no caffeine & take evening primrose oil still every day. Not sure how not taking the primrose oil would affect me, but I DO know, even 1 soda worth of caffeine and the next 2 days the "girls" are in agony again and I will deck anyone who gets close enough to bump them at all, it hurts so bad. Caffeine free diet pepsi is a staple in my house LOL.
Omega

Fri May 25, 2012 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm gonna try Barlean's Essential Woman. Thanks so much ladies for sharing all the info.
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your post Sexi. It was helpful!

I take 2000mg evening primrose oil a day and it doesn't firm up my breasts! I switched to a better brand recently though so we'll see. It does however seem to cause a bit of water retention and maybe causes my breasts to swell sometimes.

Because of this thread, which I read a few days ago, I decided to start applying my olay regenerist serum (frag-free) to my breasts as a test to see if it would help my breasts in any way. I normally apply the serum all over my chest so I figured I might as well try it on my breasts too. It's only been a few days but the skin of my breasts seems a bit tighter and firmer and less thin. So I think it works on breasts too. Very Happy I'll continue to experiment and will update!
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 8:10 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Thank you for your post Sexi. It was helpful!

I take 2000mg evening primrose oil a day and it doesn't firm up my breasts! I switched to a better brand recently though so we'll see. It does however seem to cause a bit of water retention and maybe causes my breasts to swell sometimes.

Because of this thread, which I read a few days ago, I decided to start applying my olay regenerist serum (frag-free) to my breasts as a test to see if it would help my breasts in any way. I normally apply the serum all over my chest so I figured I might as well try it on my breasts too. It's only been a few days but the skin of my breasts seems a bit tighter and firmer and less thin. So I think it works on breasts too. Very Happy I'll continue to experiment and will update!

Looking forward to your update!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 3:52 am      Reply with quote
This thread makes me nervous. Anything that stimulates breast tissue could lead to tumor growth, potentially.

If this happened to me, I would be letting my doctor know.

BFG
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
This thread makes me nervous. Anything that stimulates breast tissue could lead to tumor growth, potentially.

If this happened to me, I would be letting my doctor know.

BFG

I am with Barefootgirl, as long as your doctor has told you to take this and a nice side effect is firmer, perkier breasts, then !! But if your doctor is not telling you too, I'd be very careful here.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have noticed my boobs are so much firmer and fuller and was wondering why..saw this thread and realised I have been taking krill oil every day and also started seabuckthorn capsules and taking the juice. Maybe its the omega some number or other? curious! But great! Laughing
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 10:28 am      Reply with quote
BFG and Tiny, in case you were referring to my post at all, I take evening primrose oil for other reasons, NOT for firmer breasts! (I've been taking it for a couple years.) I was just saying, I definitely don't notice firmer breasts from it! Like the OP did.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 10:44 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
BFG and Tiny, in case you were referring to my post at all, I take evening primrose oil for other reasons, NOT for firmer breasts! (I've been taking it for a couple years.) I was just saying, I definitely don't notice firmer breasts from it! Like the OP did.

EG,

I think their point was that if anything you take as a supplement causes changes in the breasts then it would be prudent to check with a doctor!

Actually IMHO any change in the breasts should be checked by a doctor regardless, unless it is due to pregnancy or the pill!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 11:28 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
egyptiangoddess wrote:

EG,

I think their point was that if anything you take as a supplement causes changes in the breasts then it would be prudent to check with a doctor!

Actually IMHO any change in the breasts should be checked by a doctor regardless, unless it is due to pregnancy or the pill!

Thahks DM. I just didn't want them to think that I meant that I was taking evening primrose oil for that. Shock I agree about changes in the breasts though! One benefit though is, evening primrose oil seems to help fibrocystic breast disease. But of course always check with your Dr.! Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 11:36 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
egyptiangoddess wrote:

EG,

Thahks DM. I just didn't want them to think that I meant that I was taking evening primrose oil for that. Shock I agree about changes in the breasts though! One benefit though is, evening primrose oil seems to help fibrocystic breast disease. But of course always check with your Dr.! Smile

I understand EG,

I just wanted to make sure you did not think they were singling you out!

I use it in some of my oil blends at times, no need to take it for me! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:

Oh NOT at all, just a general warning as DarkMoon said! I say fabulous side effect btw!
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Sexi wrote:
... fibrocystic disease ...treatment was Evening Primrose Oil 6000MG/day ...

I have always had lumpy boobs, diagnosed as fibrocystic. The anxiety this caused me was off the scale some days. And mammograms, ow! Beginning of the year I read through this thread and started taking 1000mg EPO daily. Result! Boobs are no longer lumpy and tender and they have perked up to pre-last-pregnancy shape (1993). How is it that so little EPO could make such a difference in so short a time? I have also decided to stop the mammograms, BUT will be continuing with the ultrasound exams, upping these to 6- instead of the usual 12-monthly. (Thermal imaging is also on the cards)

A big thank you to the OP who posted about EPO way back in February 2010!
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I believe there are studies showing EPO to have estrogenic effects and have heard of some using it for help with vaginal issues during menopause..so it stands to reason one should be cautious with use of it, just as we would recommend for any type of hormone stimulating product.

Best of health, BFG
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
HAHAHA,

I read the thread title and was so excited. I opened it to find out I WAS THE OP!!!!!!!!

Good thing I posted this here, because I forgot all about it. Now it's time to get some EPO

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
has wrote:
HAHAHA,

I read the thread title and was so excited. I opened it to find out I WAS THE OP!!!!!!!!

Good thing I posted this here, because I forgot all about it. Now it's time to get some EPO

LMAO has That is too funny! It is strange when you have been away from the forum for a while what you find you posted in the past! Laughing

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |