Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Best Vit. C Creams/serums for oily mature skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
eliza119

Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have experience with Vit. C creams/serums for oily skin - over 45?

I've tried N V Perricone's Concentrated Restorative Treatment - loved it when I lived in dry, high altitude Colorado - but wonder if there is something more active, less moisturizing for humid North Carolina? What's else is really good that's out there??..

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:17 am      Reply with quote
My skin is on the oily side (and I also live with high humidity). I quite like the PSF C serum 15%
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-vitamin-c-serum-15-p_7212.htm

Actually I preferred the old 20% PSF serum, which is now discontinued... of course! Am not familiar with the Perricone product you mention, so can't compare, but the PSF doesn't seem at all "heavy" to me. PSF is also quite reasonably priced IMO. I think there's a few threads on the PSF serum in the Product Review section, if you are interested to check it out.
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I love the obagi 20% professional c serum. I even use it around my eyes and it's great. goes on smooth and doesn't leave any oily residue like others do. Also has no smell to it
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have mature skin but I really love vivier 20%. Glides on and is great under moisturizer and foundation.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not 45 quite, but I do have dry skin. cellularskinRx C serum is nice and I'm currently loving vivier with kintetin(sp?). I've not experienced any dryness with either of these.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
i like obagi c 20% a lot
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the PSF Vit C serum. At some point I may try the more expensive ones, but for the price I think it is an excellent product. Since I started using it, my skin is much brighter and it works well with my moisturizer. I haven't found that it makes my skin oily. As long as I leave it the 10mins before applying my moisturizier it works great.
Majolenka
5% products discount

Sun May 29, 2011 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

question about storage of the vit C serum...do you ladies keep it in the fridge? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Majolenka wrote:
Hi all,

question about storage of the vit C serum...do you ladies keep it in the fridge? Thanks!

I don't keep mine in the fridge, but when I'm traveling in the car for a few hours and go camping, it is kept in the cooler.

This is what I use: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/vivier-vitamin-c-ids-high-p_674.htm
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Majolenka wrote:
Hi all,

You don't have to, but it depends on how fast you use it up. If you're making a DIY without any preservatives, you should be using it up within 2-5 weeks and be keeping it in the fridge for the best results although it's not required.

If you're buying one that has preservatives, then it's not necessary to keep it in the fridge - just a cool and dry place.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 12:31 am      Reply with quote
I prefer Skinceuticals C E Ferulic serum. As I live in Australia and it's 50% cheaper in the States I usually buy a few bottles at a time. Until I open them I store them in the fridge, but once open I make sure it's always sured in a cool place away from light. So far they have never changed in colour and therefore still ok to use.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 10:39 am      Reply with quote
fongflyer5 wrote:
I prefer Skinceuticals C E Ferulic serum. As I live in Australia and it's 50% cheaper in the States I usually buy a few bottles at a time. Until I open them I store them in the fridge, but once open I make sure it's always sured in a cool place away from light. So far they have never changed in colour and therefore still ok to use.

I've heard a lot of great things about Skinceuticals. Think I'll try this next after I finish the Obagi C that I have. The Obagi is just too "sticky" for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 11:54 am      Reply with quote
..Cellbone has some very effective C products - extremely reasonable in price. I have very oily skin and have had great success with these products in the pa

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Garden of Wisdom has a great 15% Vitamin C liquid/serum for oily skin types - its watery and contains ferulic and neroli/citrus hydrosols as its base, it might be what you are looking for.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily and mature skin. I endorse Cellbone's C products. Excellent results at reasonable prices and they are very generous with samples. Some samples are full size. Highly recommend.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:03 am      Reply with quote
LightNLift: is that on this site?
Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Skyla wrote:
LightNLift: is that on this site?
Thanks

The products carried on EDS are down on the page below where we are posting.

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/home.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Dark Moon!

Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Kiss My Face 17% Vit C serum. It's all natural and very light.
Skyla
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:19 am      Reply with quote
I checked out the site and got 'lost,' which is not unusual for me. I AM and have been searching for a really wonderful Vitamin C formulation ( but I have dry, mature skin). In the past, I used Cellex C and Skinceuticals---loved Skinceuticals, but it oxidized rapidly. I have also used Dr. Perricone's Vitamin C Esters, which was nice ( not great) and that didn't oxidize. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. At this point in my life, I have learned to be a little more frugal.

Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Skyla wrote:
I checked out the site and got 'lost,' which is not unusual for me. I AM and have been searching for a really wonderful Vitamin C formulation ( but I have dry, mature skin). In the past, I used Cellex C and Skinceuticals---loved Skinceuticals, but it oxidized rapidly. I have also used Dr. Perricone's Vitamin C Esters, which was nice ( not great) and that didn't oxidize. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. At this point in my life, I have learned to be a little more frugal.

Confused

I think this may be what LNL was talking about.

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/7012656/7046366.htm

Why not go back to Skinceuticals if you like it. Did you put some in a small bottle (like the sample bottles they come in) and store the rest in the fridge? I haven't had the Skinceuticals oxidize quickly on me and IMO it is one of the best. Your other option could be to check into the DIY threads and make your own fresh C?
Skyla
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Rileygirl; I think you may be right about the Skinceuticals and refrigeration. No, I never refrigetated mine, but I did keep it is a cool, dark place, but it turned brown in a very short period of time. I am going to consider this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:18 am      Reply with quote
You can also buy Skinceuticals sample sizes and refrigerate (still sealed) those you're not using yet. I've gotten sample sizes from here before with good results:
http://www.skinmedix.com/categories/Sample-%26-Travel-Sizes/
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I have oily and mature skin. I endorse Cellbone's C products. Excellent results at reasonable prices and they are very generous with samples. Some samples are full size. Highly recommend.

Does anyone know a website for Cellbone with international shipping? I'm interested in the Cellbone C serum but none of the sites I've found ship international.

I did actually see Cellbone sold here in HK, but the prices were way above what I've seen online, maybe 3 or 4 times as much if I remember right, and I don't want to encourage them by purchasing at such inflated prices Rolling Eyes
Skyla
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Shasta: thank you so much! I went on the site and discovered the sample bottles of Skinceutical's Vitamin C. Perfect idea; I can refrigerate and then I won't have to worry about oxidation.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |