Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
What is the deal with the chipmunk cheeks?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I have noticed a craze for the fake looking cheeks that look like a golf ball or even a baseball has been inserted underneath the skin in the cheek are. I have a full face and in my youth I had some major cheeks but when I looked at my pics from 20 yrs. ago my cheeks did not look like they were sitting just about on my forehead and completely round. It was more of a soft, youthful, firming effect all over my face. I have noticed so many people on T.V. and even very young people with these cheeks. Are these implants or fillers?
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:37 am      Reply with quote
one of my girlfriends got this done recently in korea. she got her cheeks filled with her tummy fat. i think they also inserted her tummy fat into her forehead, and under her eyes (to eliminate eye bags). she said they take the fat from your stomach and use it in your face. with the extra fat they collect, they freeze it so that it can be used again in a subsequent treatment.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Shhh btw, i could hardly notice. her cheeks looked a little fuller... but they looked more saggy. and i don't know if this had anything to do with the cheek procedure, but it looked like some of the fat from her cheeks were falling down to her jaw. i never saw this on her...but when i saw her after the procedure, her cheeks looked alittle fuller & lower, then it looked like she has another saggy cheek falling at jaw line, on either side.

it was not a good look. she though she looked younger but she looked older. everything looked saggy, and her face looked so WIDE.. like she had fat wide jaws.

she asked for my opinion, and i didn't have the heart to make her sad...but didn't want to lie either.

i shook my head seriously and told her, 'just don't do it again.'

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
There's a thread here with a British writer, who video blogged her quest for treatments... They ended up showing Dr. Brandt. who does LOTS of fillers... and does some serious injections into cheeks... IF you google older pics of him, he looked great... now, he looks like cheek filler walking through the door.

I THINK this procedure is called a y-lift.(someone correct!!) Supposedly he's done Madonna. No idea if that's true or not.

I've seen this procedure done conservatively, and looks nice. However, I think it's when people get addicted to that needle, they take it to a freakish look. Mostly, I suspect, because the face is really brought out of balance. Lifting the cheeks is an excellent start to improvement. But if it's the only area addressed... Well, it just starts to look awkward. And I suppose really awkward if you're familiar with a person's "BEFORE"...

So, for example, did you see Madonna on the Hope for Haiti Now Concert (get the music off Itunes to support the cause btw)... She looks quite smooth... But she doesn't really look like Madonna anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fliTB8kv4Ec

In the end... I guess to each her own...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Just watched that clip. Clinton needs emergency blepharoplasty!

Madonna looks great. She's had Botox for her upper face at the very least. I'd love to know who did her facelift. Was her nose always that straight and narrow?

My only complaint is her horrible hair. She needs to ditch the cheap pinup bleached haystack hair. Looks like she did it herself over the kitchen sink. She looks better with dark brown hair with auburn highlights. More youthful, too.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if she had them fixed or what exactly, but I remember seeing her right after she first had her cheeks done and she really looked downright freaky!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Mostly, I suspect, because the face is really brought out of balance. Lifting the cheeks is an excellent start to improvement. But if it's the only area addressed... Well, it just starts to look awkward. And I suppose really awkward if you're familiar with a person's "BEFORE"...

I totally agree! The chipmunk cheeks not only look unnatural but over treatment of that area makes the rest of the face seems like it was forgotten!
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Just watched that clip. Clinton needs emergency blepharoplasty!

Madonna looks great. She's had Botox for her upper face at the very least. I'd love to know who did her facelift. Was her nose always that straight and narrow?

My only complaint is her horrible hair. She needs to ditch the cheap pinup bleached haystack hair. Looks like she did it herself over the kitchen sink. She looks better with dark brown hair with auburn highlights. More youthful, too.
You are hilarious! Laughing
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I disagree - I think one of the things that ages the face most is loss of facial fat which gives you that droopy dour look which is very unflattering on mature age women. Having full cheeks gives the whole face a more perky and youthful look. Of course, I'm not in favour of anything that looks totally unnatural though.

I've had filler put in my cheeks three times in the past. And, quite frankly, it was barely noticeable. To end up with total chipmunk cheeks I would imagine they would have to be implants, probably incorrectly done at that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Keliu... I think less is def. more here...The subtle change is probably the prettiest.

I don't think you need an implant to get a bad look... just too much filler.

To me where the symmetry is lost is the LACK of webbing coming off of the nose. Creating a golf ball on the cheek without AT LEAST addressing that webbing brings on that fake...fake look...

Take a look at young people... They have that webbing...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:05 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Keliu... I think less is def. more here...The subtle change is probably the prettiest.

I don't think you need an implant to get a bad look... just too much filler.

Well that's what I should have pointed out - it's pretty difficult to get too much filler - you'd have to have a truck load injected because it is so subtle. Plus to get a chipmunk look it would cost an absolute fortune. Fat injections might be another matter though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I've had filler put in my cheeks three times in the past. And, quite frankly, it was barely noticeable. To end up with total chipmunk cheeks I would imagine they would have to be implants, probably incorrectly done at that.

Keliu, how long did it last?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:13 am      Reply with quote
blueeyes wrote:

Not long enough! Only about 6 months - that's why I've had it done again and again. The clinic did the second round for free because of the fact that it dissipated so quickly. Then I got Voluma done for free because I was the "model" - that didn't last long either. Unfortunately, my body seems to gobble it up very quickly.

All of this now has me completely obsessed with cheeks - I'm always checking out mature age celebrities trying to guess if they have had them augmented. Which brings me to Meryl Streep - she's looking a bit chipmunk lately, especially when compared to when she was younger. However, I think it looks flattering. As I said earlier, I think its great on mature age women to give them a lift without looking over-done.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
blueeyes wrote:

Not long enough! Only about 6 months - that's why I've had it done again and again. The clinic did the second round for free because of the fact that it dissipated so quickly. Then I got Voluma done for free because I was the "model" - that didn't last long either. Unfortunately, my body seems to gobble it up very quickly.

All of this now has me completely obsessed with cheeks - I'm always checking out mature age celebrities trying to guess if they have had them augmented. Which brings me to Meryl Streep - she's looking a bit chipmunk lately, especially when compared to when she was younger. However, I think it looks flattering. As I said earlier, I think its great on mature age women to give them a lift without looking over-done.

After reading this post I'm obsessed with it too Confused
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |