Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best skin line for repair and rejuvenation?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kymnco1

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have spent hours on-line looking for products and reading reviews. At this point it makes sense just to ask people who have used products.

I am 50 with deep wrinkles, large pores, and acne. I am looking for a skin care line that will repair my combination skin.

I thought about Dermalogica Age Smart starter kit, Ole Henriksen Three Little Wonders, MD Formulations Anti-wrinkle kit, and Obagi NuDerm.

Can someone around my age that has actually used any of these kits give me some advice or information? Other than go see a dermatologist?

thank you so very much
Kim Confused
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kymncol & welcome!

Considering your age and issues I would highly recommend using Retin A. I'm in my fifties & although I don't have wrinkles it has done the most for me of anything else I have used. I wish I had started much younger using Retin A, it is the gold standard in anti-aging. It will help immensely your large pores and acne although at first you could have some purging.
It can take up to a year to see the full benefits but you'll see results sooner than that. HTH
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I agree with brierrose. Since I started using Retin-A several months ago, my pores are practically non-existent. It hasn't done anything for the deep wrinkles on my neck but it's early days yet. I don't use Obagi but I think it has some products that would likely help.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:06 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the retin-a recommendations. I'd also add a Vitamin C serum in the morning - Skinmedica and Skinceutials both have good ones, but a little pricey. There are recipes on the EDS DIY forum if you'd like to make your own Vitamin C serum - it's easy and much more cost effective.

Oh, and don't forget the sunscreen.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the NIA 24 line. It works well with Retin A or Tazorac and helps with the sensitivity that people have when they use Retin A. You could try the NIA 24 skin strengthening complex and sunscreen in the morning (or another sunscreen), and use the Retin A at night, and put the NIA 24 skin strengthening complex over top, after about 30 minutes. I am sure you would like the results, I do. It makes your skin more plump and helps with wrinkles.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Kim. Nu Derm can really have an amazing effect on your skin. It combines hydroquinone, Retin A, and glycolic or phytic acid. Used with a topical C and sunscreen, it definitely can help with acne, making your pores appear smaller (as nothing can change their size), and fine lines/wrinkles. It will help the deep wrinkles, but it is only a topical, so it can only do so much. Meaning your deep wrinkles will not be gone after the 18 week regimen, but they will definitely be better. This is a very harsh program and one that you really have to be willing to go through an "ugly" stage, as most will get red, flaky, and it can be uncomfortable. I think I have been on this forum since 2006 (? not quite sure how long!), and have tried Way too many things that are touted as miracle products. Nu Derm is still the only thing that has ever made a noticeable difference in my skin. The only problem is that you really should see a derm to start this, especially in the 1st 6 weeks, and you have to remember that you must continue on a maintenance program. HTH!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |