Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Sunscreen issues...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
poulinsj
5% products discount

Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I am on the maint. phase of Obagi Nu Derm treatment and I currently use OBAGI NU-DERM Healthy Skin Protection SPF 35. Anything with avobenzone seems to break my skin out and i struggle with Melasma.

So...i go through sunscreen alot as i live in Florida. Can you suggest a reasonably priced sunscreen that works great? Thanks.

Sheila
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
for daily wear,la roche posay should be a good choice, i tried shisheido spf 30+ and biotherm, and there are lovely sugestions on Netrogene, ROC spf line.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I think la roche posay has some pretty good sunscreens. Check out Anthelios 60 varieties.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
how about burn our eco sensitive sunscreen ? its only for 15 dollars on amazon...t doesnt leave a white residue,,,its not sticky at all....many people suggest it...i got mine yesterday,,,,its different than other sunscreens i have ever used,,its soo light...hope it works too Smile
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
lrp is really oily on my face
poulinsj
5% products discount

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I tried LRP and it cauesed me to breakout. Thanks for the advice. I really wish i could find a reasonably priced sunscreen that works and doesn't cause breakouts. I hate to buy something and use it for a week and then have blemishes...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
My two favorites are Nia24 and SkinMedica. Nia24 is not at all greasy and almost seems to just glide on like powder, I never feel oily afterwards. SkinMedica is thicker and if I put on too much I can definitely feel greasy or like I have a covering on my skin, but if I use just a little then it is just fine.
I prefer the Nia24 but I don't think they make anything higher than a spf30, I would really like to find a spf45 or 50 for my face since I have melasma too and it can get dark really fast if I don't have protection on. One thing I use without fail is my mineral makeup as I believe it gives an spf of at least a 20 depending on how much I layer.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:57 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I think la roche posay has some pretty good sunscreens. Check out Anthelios 60 varieties.

Yes, I agree and I was introduced to a reliable sunscreen from Japan, called Sofina. It's formulation is made for hot weather conditions, does not leave white cast, no build up from reapplying with SPF 50, does not cause blackheads or promote acne, watery like milk and excellent makeup base.
SandyT
5% products discount

Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Skincare...where do you purchase Sofina? I live in Texas where the humidity in the summer is awful and now in winter is dry and cold. This sounds like something that might work. Anthelios is too thick and greasy feeling for my "old" skin.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I order it from Japan. The web-site is ichibankao.com and I use White Protect because I was told by a friend that the Lucent one appears to look chalky.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Try calling Nancy at http://www.ncnproskincare.com and talk to her about her products with Zinclear... try some samples first.. not super cheap.

I can't use chemical sunscreen, they burn my face...

She formulated these last year, and I thought there were nice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Consider the 302 Recovery Minerals or the Calmskin Day & Night Minerals ...several people in FL have used and liked them (including me!)

http://www.302skincare.com/products_rmintrans.html

http://www.calmskin.com/product_p/mineraltransl.htm

I may also try SuprSun this year which is the same powdered sunscreen concept:

http://suprsun.com/

BTW, Colorscience makes a powdered one as well, but it has bismuth in it, and I had a reaction (itching) any time I was using Retin A. The above versions are bismuth free.

Editing to add: These would not be a good option if you are still peeling from the Obagi.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I think she's only asking for good physical sunscreens, since she is allergic to avobenzone.
i second the NIA24 recommendation, also would second looking into Zinclear-based SS.
I'm using the Image Skincare Zinclear 30%, it's completely non-irritating.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
I think she's only asking for good physical sunscreens, since she is allergic to avobenzone.
i second the NIA24 recommendation, also would second looking into Zinclear-based SS.
I'm using the Image Skincare Zinclear 30%, it's completely non-irritating.

--avalange

I like Nia24 as well, but for some reason I always feel oily when I use it by itself (but I mix it with Melashade and it is perfect then).

I just checked out the Image product...they look very interesting. I might have to try one of those next!

http://www.imageskincare.com/sun_.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:12 am      Reply with quote
For physical sunscreens, the Skinceuticals Physical Sunscreen and the Lavera Sunscreen aren't bad.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:48 am      Reply with quote
a physical sunscreen might be better for you, look for those contain zinc!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |