Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Acai Berry Juice- any anti-aging results??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
insomniaisagingmeearly
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I've heard great things about Acai Berries. My friend is from the country where they are grown and said everyone there looks beautiful and young.

I've been drinking one 8 oz glass of "Genesis Today" Acai Berry juice daily. (They sell it at walmart.) I can't say that I've really seen any obvious results. Am I crazy for thinking it would make some of my lines and wrinkles go away? LOL

Has anyone seen any obvious results from some form of acai berry? Please share specifically how it has helped you and what brand/form you use. Did it get rid of your lines/wrinkles, tighten your skin, or get rid of age spots?
skinner2
5% products discount

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Acai is not going to get rid of lines and wrinkles, tighten your skin, or get rid of age spots.It's a superfood quite similar to eating blueberries or blackberries. Among the heathiest things you can eat. Don't fall for the hype.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
i don't know about it getting rid of wrinkles and lines, tighten, etc.
but i think that eating and drinking healthily is always good! its a bonus.

if you have extra time, and have a juicer, i believe it is best to juice your own, fresh. i have 2 champion juicers... though it is more work, i try to get to the grocery store and load up. then i try to juice the fruit and veggies, fresh. for each batch (3 servings) or so, and it'll take me one day to drink it all. its best to drink the juiced fruits and vegggies, right after is has been juiced.

i find juicing easier... i can fit more fruits and veggies in one glass, than i can eat in one sitting.

HTH!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
opsss... i get side tracked.
i've found fresh acai berries in the chinese markets, only seasonal... meaning in the summer. i've been told it is most potent to eat acai fresh. since it can only be found in toronto in the summer, i'll try your walmart source for genesis today. thanks!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:46 am      Reply with quote
We eat dried acai berries (like a raison) and I take acai berry supplements for anti-oxidant reasons.
I haven't noticed a fountain of youth effect, I just like the addition of these to my diet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
hi insomnia,
i went to the walmart supercenter last week and searched all over. then this week i went to another regular walmart to search for the genisis today, acai berry juice, again no where to be seen. i'm assuming this must be in the US, and not in canada yet.

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Puritans Pride and Dragonherbs.com carries various forms of the berry. I order my capsules from Puritan and my freeze-dried from dragon herbs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Keep in mind that the juice you buy at walmart, has been pasteurized, treated etc. If you want the real power of the superfood, get the berries.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Keep in mind also that a lot of these so called "acai" juices have a boat load of other juices in the mix and not much in the way of acai so pay attention to the ingredient list and the way it's processed...I only drink 100% acai juice (I like Earths Bounty) and also Mountain Rose Herbs has an acai powder that I hear is great via my sis...I feel the other juices such as apple, pear, banana that they add to these acai juices are totally unnecessary. If I am going to be paying premium for acai juice it's going to be acai and nothing else....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone tried acai powder?

I have a jar of it sitting in my cupboard, haven't used it yet. It's probably better than packaged juice because there's less additives, I'm thinking?
Amarise
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I always believed that consuming acai would mainly increase your level of antioxidants. I use the frozen smoothie packs that are found at Whole Foods.

My recipe has been to add one pack to the blender, 2 cups of almond milk, 1 banana & a little bit of agave nectar. You could substitute with real milk, sugar, etc. Tastes pretty amazing.

Surprisingly the acai berry has a bit of a cocoa aftertaste. I usually do not care for chocolate (crazy I know) but this mixed with the berry flavor is a nice combination.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |