Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Spots after using olive oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I“ve read that olive oil was good for your skin so I started using it every day. My skin was radiant and clearer and I was so happy to discover such a cheap and efficient cosmetic.
Well.... Two days ago my skin started to break out in spots and I think is because of the olive oil since I didn“t try anything else.
Anyone tried it before? Did it happen the same or is just my skin that is too oily?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:15 am      Reply with quote
lisocas wrote:
I“ve read that olive oil was good for your skin so I started using it every day. My skin was radiant and clearer and I was so happy to discover such a cheap and efficient cosmetic.
Well.... Two days ago my skin started to break out in spots and I think is because of the olive oil since I didn“t try anything else.
Anyone tried it before? Did it happen the same or is just my skin that is too oily?

Are you just leaving it on as a moisturizer? Do you use it as part of OCM and cleanse thoroughly? If you are oily or prone to breaking out and just leaving it on it may be too heavy for your skin type? You might be going through a purging stage!

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I like to use olive oil too. It is been absorbed very quickly, and has very excellent moisturizing ability.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
i was having major problems with my skin... dry, sensitive, and reactive. i was using all sort of products to keep it calm. as a last choice i heard about the benefits of olive oil. so i tried it on my face for several weeks, convinced it would do the job. my skin irritations continued and became so bad that i had to stop using olive oil on my face.

now i just use it for my body... to keep it moisturized. its cheap, natural, and no chemicals.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
it's true olive oil irritates, i tried some time ago and now only occasionally use on body
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like your skin had had enough.I would just use occasionally rather than daily.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
annesun wrote:
it's true olive oil irritates, i tried some time ago and now only occasionally use on body

That depends on your skin type and sensitivities, I use it regularly for OCM and never have any problems at all, I've been using it for years!

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I know this topic is long finished, but just to add to the concerns, the following study concluded: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22995032

"In contrast to sunflower seed oil, topical treatment with olive oil significantly damages the skin barrier, and therefore has the potential to promote the development of, and exacerbate existing, atopic dermatitis. [...] These findings challenge the unfounded belief that all natural oils are beneficial for the skin and highlight the need for further research."

I was just looking up 'Olive oil' in the hope of finding an affordable skin treatment.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
You might also might not be getting real olive oil. There are fake ones out there mixed with other oils like soy, corn or even dyed so it could be anyone one of those things causing a problem.

Assuming your oil is real, then you might be just overdoing it and clogging your pores. Once your skin is in a good state then ease up on the frequency and amount of use.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |