Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dry brushes versus sisal loofah mitts

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MoxieMama
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to start dry brushing my face and body but am curious which is better or is it just a matter of personal choice. I have been reading many many threads discussing dry brushing and also the No Lipo Lipo which involves loofah mitts.
I believe my preference would be the mitts, even for the face. I would probably get the ones that Carole Maggio sells but want to be sure that they all essentially work the same.
Thanks!! Beth
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
You can't use the loofah mitts for the no lipo lipo on your face, but Carole sells a special bamboo glove one for the face that I have and love. The no lipo mitt would be too rough.
MoxieMama wrote:
I am going to start dry brushing my face and body but am curious which is better or is it just a matter of personal choice. I have been reading many many threads discussing dry brushing and also the No Lipo Lipo which involves loofah mitts.
I believe my preference would be the mitts, even for the face. I would probably get the ones that Carole Maggio sells but want to be sure that they all essentially work the same.
Thanks!! Beth
MoxieMama
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
TM, Thanks for the reply. Yes, I meant to say the face mitts. I do think my post implied I would use the body mitts. LOL That could be disastrous!
Do you think there is any difference in using body brushes and face brushes versus using loofah mitts. It really all comes down to pressure and how many strokes anyway, right?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have the regular facial loofah mitt and I like it. I hope to get the bamboo one also.

30 strokes recommended for each area of the face (shaping your mouth out into an oval to make the cheeks more taut)..... A rough wash cloth could easily be used also, so long as your face is dry.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Sister, thanks! Is the bamboo mitt rougher than the loofah face mitt? Is there one over the other you would recommend I start with?
I am ordering the no lipo lipo either today or tomorrow and would like to get a face mitt too!
I am excited to try this dry brushing, it seems there have been some really awesome results!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Moxie Mama - The bamboo is supposed to be rougher than the regular facial mitt. The idea is that you eventually will use both, alternating them. The bamboo will do deeper exfoliation than the regular and you skin will work up to that point. I still use the regular face mitt two times a day.

Since you'll be paying the S & H for the other stuff if I were you I'd throw the bamboo on the order and be done with it. Wish I had back when I ordered, but I'm going to order her facercise (new dvd) and order some mitts for face and body then. It never ends Rolling Eyes

Good luck and I hope you love your purchase.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Decleor Wonders of Nature Soothing Skincare Set (3 items) Decleor Aroma Duo Neroli & Hydra Floral Rich (2 items) Bremenn Rosacea Redness Rehab (30 ml / 1 floz)