Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
oil for oily skin? what to pick?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi everybody!

I have an oily T-zone but I want to add some TLC to my skin as my eyes and cheeks get dry during winter. I was thinking about an oil (I love the feeling and comfort of an oil but I´m scare of getting spots like I did with olive oil)
Does anyone knows a good oil with lots of benefits for oily skin Smile
I´ve tried primrose oil and olive oil but they are too heavy.

Thanks!!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Jojoba is good for oily skin. But here's some reading on the qualities of lots of oils:

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/carrieroils.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Grapeseed Oil actually has slightly astringent properties and is a very good choice for oily skin, any skin type can use it but it's lighter than olive or avocado. Jojoba is also a good choice as mentioned above.

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Kukui is one of the lightest oils. I like it very much.
Hazelnut may be good for you also. As well as grapeseed but grapeseed can be pretty drying so I think I would only use it in a blend.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:19 am      Reply with quote
i use rosehop oil, so far so good
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:27 am      Reply with quote
HI Lisocas -
Oily girl here! I use jojoba/castor oil blend to clean (OCM). I have hemp seed on order to use after retin A as I understand it is a good choice for oily skin. Also have not had any trouble with red palm oil. As of right now I do the Tanaka massage with jojoba ester (oil). Some of the preparations I own have pomegranate oil and rose hip seed oil and no problem with them.

Keliu's list is a good resource. I am amazed at the oil I can use with nice result. I never would've expected oil products to work but they do. Good luck - I know there's something out there that will do what you want.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your answers! I was thinking about one of the décleor oils. Anyone tried it on oily skin? Hemp oil, rosehip oil and the others seem very interesting as well ... Where can I find them, please?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of décleor oil because they contain essential oils.
I dont think EO's belong in skin care as they can do harm then good most of the time. But I know others feel differently.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I dont think EO's belong in skin care as they can do harm then good most of the time. But I know others feel differently.

I would be one to disagree but what decleor charges for hazelnut oil and EO blends is absurd! So we agree about not being fans of the brand albeit for different reasons!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Jasminerosey likes EO's and she is very knowledgable about use of them. I think they have their place but you need to understand proportion, etc to combine with a Base oil for best results.
Lisocas - you don't need to buy and expensive oil product - start researching some of the DIY places and get a high quality oil for cheap.
gardenofwisdom.com
skinactives.com
ingredientstodiefor.com
lotioncrafters.com

And lots of others. I got my jojoba from iherb.com which has great prices.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Bergamot Oil
Jojoba Oil
Clove Oil
Lavender Oil
Rosewood Oil
Macadamia Nut Oil
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Essential Oils are nothing more than the most concentrated form of plant extracts, considering all the plant extracts that are used in skin care both commercially and by DIYer's as long as they are used in the proper concentrations and you know about your own sensitivities than they aren't any more irritating than the majority of skin care most everyone is using.

DM
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:

Essential Oils were the basis of ALL skin care from the beginning of time. To say that they don't belong is crazy - they've been an essential (no pun intended!) ingredient in skin care for thousands of years.

I have never used Decleor Oils so I can't comment on them - however, it seems insane to me to pay exorbitant prices for something that you can put together yourself for next to nothing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Essential Oils were the basis of ALL skin care from the beginning of time. To say that they don't belong is crazy - they've been an essential (no pun intended!) ingredient in skin care for thousands of years.

I think we have come a long way since the beginning of time. Theres lots of things they did back then that we dont do now.

Like I said its my opinion and know others would disagree.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I think we have come a long way since the beginning of time. Theres lots of things they did back then that we dont do now.

Like I said its my opinion and know others would disagree.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion - but I'm just pointing out that they have been used for thousands of years and are STILL being used as beneficial ingredients in all manor of products.

They are just plant derived oils. So it's a bit like saying don't eat carrots and peas, we've come a long way since then!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:49 am      Reply with quote
WOW Surprised just read some of the links that u girls posted me (thanks everyone for your help) and I´m amazed with the different oils that we can find for oily skin! I can´t wait to try the hazelnut, the Jojoba oil and the grapeseed oil. Will post the results after!

xxx
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
They are just plant derived oils. So it's a bit like saying don't eat carrots and peas, we've come a long way since then!

You obviously feel strongly about this and as you said you are entitled to your opinion. But you shouldn't call other opinions crazy or wrong, its an opinion and I didn't state my opinion as fact.

Just because its from a plant does not mean its ok for the skin. Yes some people love them but not everyone does ok with them.
Second its not at all like saying don't eat your vegetables as vegetable allergies/reactions are pretty rare.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:49 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl,

You might want to read these about vegetable allergies you may be quite suprized:

http://www.examiner.com/x-7158-Chicago-Family-Health-Examiner~y2009m5d12-Fruit-and-vegetable-allergies-soaring-surpassing-peanut-allergies

http://www.yourasthmatreatment.com/allergy-vegetable-products.htm

http://ezinearticles.com/?Allergies---Why-Are-Fruit-and-Vegetable-Allergies-Increasing-Due-to-Food-Sensitivities&id=2769244

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/05/02/Fruit-and-Vegetable-Allergies-Soaring.aspx

GirlieGirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

You obviously feel strongly about this and as you said you are entitled to your opinion. But you shouldn't call other opinions crazy or wrong, its an opinion and I didn't state my opinion as fact.

Just because its from a plant does not mean its ok for the skin. Yes some people love them but not everyone does ok with them.
Second its not at all like saying don't eat your vegetables as vegetable allergies/reactions are pretty rare.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
GirlyGirl - I certainly don't want to get in an argument with you about this - because everyone is entitled to their opinion and as you say nothing is all good and nothing is all bad. There are certainly lots and lots of plants that are bad for us. I am not an "organic freak" so I definitely use chemicals in my skin care regimen and I'm always interested in the next "big" active. But what bugged me was your comment that "essential oils don't belong in skin care". I just wanted to point out that even after thousands of years of use, they still do belong. If anything, they're becoming more popular due to people looking for a more "natural" alternative to using chemicals.

I would also point out that plant oils are found in copious amounts of skin care products, not just the "natural" lines, but also the high end luxury brands like Valmont. They are an intrinsic part of skincare - that's all I wanted to point out. I also didn't mean to offend you with the use of the word "crazy" - so if I did, I apologize - just getting a bit carried away! Very Happy But plant oils definitely do belong in skincare - if you want to avoid them, well that's your choice.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |