Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Who said overnight results are impossible? Miracles exist ;)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lovemore
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Greetings all Very Happy

I had some wild acne on my face, with severe redness, swelling, and a lot of tiny spots in between.. do I sound sexy yet? Very Happy

Anyhow, I tried Kassy's Vitamin C Serum, but added more Vit C than I normally would in my mix, closer to 20%. And instead of adding rosehip oil/vitamin E, I decided to add Sea BuckThorn oil.

Then I made a glucosamine+Niacinamide+SKB+Green Tea Extract Serum that I used after using the Vitamin C on my face.

I woke up after a 6 hour nap from 11am-5pm because I hadn't slept the night before, and WOW, 90% of all the redness is gone, except for one big pimple on the side of my temple, that has gone down in size and looks like it's already coming to "fruition" Laughing .

My pores are GONE, I've never seen my face in such "pore-less" state before, and I'm ecstatic!

And the best part, I was a bad girl and used a pimple popping tool to pop all 50 of them the day before, which I thought would end up in scarring later on, and so far before applying anything there were just little wounds all over my face... and they are HEALED!!! All of them! Every little one from Mary - To Joe!

Now my skin isn't flawless, naturally there are some markings on my face, some acne spots left, etc, but the improvement is 100% - and this keeps up, within 4-7 days, my skin should be beautiful!

I also want to mention that I've tried a lot of things, and none has given me the result these two serums did in only 6 hours. Not 24, but 6!

For those who don't know how to make these, there is the Vitamin C DIY thread, and there is the Niacinamide DIY recipe if you use the search function - I used the recipe on Bulkactive, and then improvised some. I did not use accurate measurements, I just used my judgement accordingly to the recipe. For example if there were 4tsp water, 1 tsp Vitamin C, and 1/4 Ferulic acid - and I only wanted to use enough for a week to test it out, I'd just take a tsp and use 1tsp water, 1/4 vit c and 1/8 ferulic. I'm pretty sure I went under and over on some, and it's totally OK if you're as accurate as you think you can be.

I can't recommend VitaminC with Sea BuckThorn oil + Niacinamide/Glucosamine/SKB/Green tea extract enough, I will continue to use this and let you guys know how it goes. Wink
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
hi lovemore!
those results sounds amazing! could you paste that thread link? some other member recommended this before and i couldn't find it.
thanks for the review!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:24 am      Reply with quote
lovely post, lovemore. would love to try it since i look just as sexy as you(thank god for my mineral powder)...but vitamin c gives me blackheads almost instantly!..(i have tried skinceuticals mainly...the only vitamin c that seems safe is revive which i use maybe once a week...cant dare to use more often)do you think just the other serum will work to some extent?

Do update!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:
lovely post, lovemore. would love to try it since i look just as sexy as you(thank god for my mineral powder)...but vitamin c gives me blackheads almost instantly!..(i have tried skinceuticals mainly...the only vitamin c that seems safe is revive which i use maybe once a week...cant dare to use more often)do you think just the other serum will work to some extent?

Do update!

I'm 100% sure it was the niacinamide that helped, none of the others are known for the acne-reducing properties. I forgot the niacinamide serum one night and some new acne came back. Maybe it was a coincidence, but I have a feeling the vit c just helped heal the wounds, while the niacinamide kind of tamed the acne and reduced it. Will update and let you know further results Wink
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
yah thanks anyway.
i finally found the link.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
wow...gotta give it a try!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Just to close up this topic, one last update:

About the Vitamin C and Nia/Gluc serum:
THe vitamin C serum and niacinamide/glucasmine serum worked well, but I'm deciding to stop using the nia/gluc serum because I'm trying to cut back on DIY products as I find them time consuming.

The only DIY I do now (until I earn a bit more in income to buy the SKinceuticals) is the Vitamin C serum which I also simplified, only using: Vitamin C, distilled water + Vitamin E or Rosehip.

One quick way to get the Vitamin C powder to dissolve faster is to take a spoon and grind the powder against the wall of the container you're using. I found this to be the easiest way. It probably cut back the time in more than half to make the serum. So now it only takes 20-30 minutes.

New things I'm using or will use that are amazing
- Likas papaya soap (Google for more info): Has a ton of benefits. Besides removing dark pigmented spots and scars, it also brightens your skin and in some cases, lightens it also. I'm on the dry side, and this soap is drying, but I have no problem if I slather on some moisturizing lotion of avocado oil right after usage.

- Green cream (Have not used it yet): Have heard amazing things about this on several forums, before I jump onto the Retin-a products, this is the precursor. I'll add some updates later.

- Paula's choice BHA (Have not used it yet): I have some acne problems and some blemishes here and there, will let you guys know how it goes with this product.

Another one for you guys with black and whiteheads, I heard Mandelic acid is the #1 to get rid of those. If you google it you can find some information. The downside is that it cost more than most products for a small vial - but it is worth it I hear. I might get this if the above products don't get rid of these things for me.

Other benefits of Mandelic acids are as follow:
- Tightens pores
- Improves wrinkles
- Removes blackheads
- Removes whiteheads
- Takes care of "MILD" acne
- Takes care of small blemishes

That's all for now, talk to you guys soon!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |