Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Please help me with rosacea
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lindylu

Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I am at my wit's end with this. My skin does not tolerate botanicals . I have tried Pevonia for rosacea, and the sensitive products from Decleor.
PC's is out as well as dermalogica. LaRoche Posay worked for a while but now irritates horribly. Cetaphil cleanser is irritating. I don't have any pimples but a hyperactive skin which is easily irritated by products and is always flaky but not dry ( if that makes sense ).

Thanks for any help, suggestions. Even some words of encouragement and hope.

Linda
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I know #1 for rosacea is to take essential fatty acids internally. Get yourself some borage oil capsules and take them every day. I have also read that spicy foods and preservatives or processed foods can also aggravate rosacea.

You need to stay away from skin care products with scent or perfume for sure. I don't know what to suggest, I am surprised that even Cetaphil bothered you. I've head of a line here in canada called DermaMed that make a rosacea cream.

Let me think somemore and I'll get back to you. I am sure others here on the forum will also have suggestions.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
My Mom was diagnosed with Rosacea, but we were able to have it cured with minerals. She's been free of it for over 5 years now. She didn't use any meds or creams, etc.

Rosacea can be a result of acid/alkaline imbalance.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Lindylu wrote:
Hi
I am at my wit's end with this. My skin does not tolerate botanicals . I have tried Pevonia for rosacea, and the sensitive products from Decleor.
PC's is out as well as dermalogica. LaRoche Posay worked for a while but now irritates horribly. Cetaphil cleanser is irritating. I don't have any pimples but a hyperactive skin which is easily irritated by products and is always flaky but not dry ( if that makes sense ).

Thanks for any help, suggestions. Even some words of encouragement and hope.

Linda

Linda,

I know how hard it is when you have an uncontrollable skin condition. My husband has suffered from Rosacea most of his adult life and I have extreme bouts of Eczema between my nose and upper lip not to mention other areas of my body. I can hide the other areas with clothing and shoes, but not on my face. Luckily a miracle occurred a couple of weeks ago when my derm gave me an Rx for Protopic which is a non-steroid cream. In the past, I have tried everything, even the most potent steroids available and it wouldn't budge. Within three days of using the Protopic I was completely clear of ezcema on my face for the first time in over 4 years! Let me tell ya, I had lots of happy tears and I can't believe it when I look in the mirror. It didn't work for the other parts of my body, but I am going to have PUVA therapy 3 times a week starting the first of the year, so hopefully that will help. My derm says it's a last resort as diet, supplements and topicals have not worked.

Now, back to the Rosacea. My husband was on Minocycline pills and Metrogel topical for years and kept it pretty much under control. He then had to switch to Tetracycline and has been on that for the last 6 years which I know is very dangerous, but it keeps his rosacea under control. I have found that the only cleanser he can use is DHC cleansing oil that I buy from dhccare.com. If you call them up and ask for a catalog they will send you samples. Since you have tried basically everything else it wouldn't hurt to try.

There WILL be something you can use, and I'm sure others here will give you some more suggestions. Hang in there!

-Cheri
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
hi Linda,

did you post on EMMU? Wink anyway, Rosacea was explained to me as mites, actually the excrement from mites. We all have it but some of our immune systems react to it and some do not. I have customers on Tea tree cleansing bar, Derma Butter, Epidermx and Camellia oil.

It sounds like you would need to start off with Oatmeal to soothe/calm your skin. The use the Derma Butter and once your skin is ok, then the tea tree. I wouldn't even use Epidermx for about a month or more and then start very slowing/gently.

anyway if you interested I have some more info so feel free to email me at beautifulnewskincs!yahoo.com so I can email the info I have stored on it.

Hope you find something soon that helps you. deb Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
ooops forgot to add, our line is 100% essential oils etc. so it might not work for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
A number of skin conditions such as rosacea, psoriasis, excema result from acid/alkaline imbalance WITHIN the body. We used the same mineral preparation that worked on my Mom's rosacea to cure my husband's psoriasis. He had it for 4 years before we corrected his acid/alkaline balance and now he's been free of it for 8 years. Mom has been free of rosacea for over 5 years.

It truly can be easier to correct the cause within than it is to correct skin conditions from things we use on the outside. The condition of your skin is a reflection on what is going on inside the body.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall wrote:
A number of skin conditions such as rosacea, psoriasis, excema result from acid/alkaline imbalance WITHIN the body. We used the same mineral preparation that worked on my Mom's rosacea to cure my husband's psoriasis. He had it for 4 years before we corrected his acid/alkaline balance and now he's been free of it for 8 years. Mom has been free of rosacea for over 5 years.

It truly can be easier to correct the cause within than it is to correct skin conditions from things we use on the outside. The condition of your skin is a reflection on what is going on inside the body.

JUDY

Judy,

That may be true for the majority of folks, but it wasn't Acid Alkaline imbalance in our case. We both have been urine and saliva tested and there was no ph imbalance. I was told if your urinary ph fluctuates between 6.0 to 6.5 in the morning and between 6.5 and 7.0 in the evening, your body is functioning within a healthy range. If your saliva stays between 6.5 and 7.5 all day, your body is functioning within a healthy range. The best time to test your pH is about one hour before a meal and two hours after a meal. We tested our pH two days a week for a month straight and still test occasionally.

We use cleansers quarterly to detox our livers, kidneys and bowels. We've tried Noni juice, food enzymes, colloidal minerals, coral calcium and magnesium among many others that I can't think of right now. We've also cleaned up our diet.

Please let me know what type of mineral mixture your husband and mom used. We're open to anything even though our ph strips say no imbalance because I know it has to be something "inside".

-Cheri
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi there
Purple emu do a redness and blemish control cream which is good. My friend who had really bad rosacea recommended the cream for my daughters acne. my sprog now has fairly clear skin and I never knew my friend had rosacea (or even what it was) until I saw a photo of her from about 4 years ago. You do need to use a moisturiser over it though. HTH
Liz Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear this Sad

Since it sounds like you have tried a lot (if I had rosacea, I wouldn't even bother with the products you mentioned) but dermatologists can help a lot.

I suggest VBeam. You'd be hard pressed to find a doc who did it where you live, but it's worth it.

I assume you've gone the Rx route?

Anyway, I'd look into Vbeam.
hths
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Also look into food allergies as a cause too (if you haven't already).
Babygurl222

Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:30 am      Reply with quote
http://soap-please.com/store/customer/

They have a regimen on this site for your problem. I think it's the Calmez or something like that. Anyway, it is suppose to be awesome stuff for this problem. Check it out, and let me know whatcha' think hun.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |