Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Stila Hydrating Primer and Tinted Moisturiser SPF15
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I do love it when I get a product that actually works for me!

I've tried primers in the past with no luck... silicones don't like me much and they seem mostly silicone based. So despite them starting out like a dream, by the end of the day my skin looked a bit... well crappy.

The stila primer was bought on a whim as part of my search for a new foundation. I've been using it in the mornings on bare skin with the stila tinted moisturiser over the top and I'm getting loads of compliments on how my skin is looking. What I really like is that my skin stays soft all day and there is no dryness.

Both products are quite thick and the primer has a bit of an odd smell to it... it doesn't smell scented though. It sinks right into my skin making it look somehow plumper and a bit glowey.

The TM I warm between my fingertips and apply to my face like any moisturiser. It gives a sheer to medium coverage. it doesn't hide any major blemishes but my skin looks more even and radiant. It really looks like I'm not wearing foundation. again it lasts all day and doesn't settle into my wrinkles, the only evidence of it is on my eyelid crease.

These are the first stila products I've bought (also got the pomegranite crush stain and lip marker thing)and I'm really really impressed!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
nice review!
i love the sound of the Tmoisturizer. spf and gives natural coverage. that would be something i would be interested in.

i have the stila concealer pencil. another good quality product. *thumbs up*

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:

I've tried primers in the past with no luck... silicones don't like me much and they seem mostly silicone based. So despite them starting out like a dream, by the end of the day my skin looked a bit... well crappy ......

Ingredients for Stila Hydrating Primer SPF 15:

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5% Avobenzone 3.0%. Other Ingredients: Water, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Magnesium Sulfate, Microcrystalline Wax, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Ceramide-2, Peg-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate

Ingredients for Stila Sheer Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15:

Bareactive ingredients: octinoxate 4.00%, avobenzone 2.00% Other Ingredients: water (aqua purificata) purified, diethylhexyl carbonate, ethylhexyl stearate, cyclopentasiloxane, diisostearoyl polyglyceryl-3 dimer dilinoleate, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), glycerin, cetyl dimethicone, hydrogenated castor oil, magnesium sulfate, aminomethyl propanol, chlorphenesin, benzoic acid, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, [+/-(may contain) mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)]

Surprisingly, both of these products contain silicones (just wanted to let you know that). Ingredients list from SkinStore.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
thank you, guapagir, for that review.
you took alot of time and effort to share this with the other members. the fact that the tinted spf moisturizer gives you a radiant natural glow, with a smooth finish, keeping your skin hydrated and plump all day is wonderful. this is something that i'm interested in and i know others would be too.
thank you again, for taking time out to share your fabulous find.
much love!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
guapagirl wrote:

I've tried primers in the past with no luck... silicones don't like me much and they seem mostly silicone based. So despite them starting out like a dream, by the end of the day my skin looked a bit... well crappy ......

Ingredients for Stila Hydrating Primer SPF 15:

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5% Avobenzone 3.0%. Other Ingredients: Water, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Magnesium Sulfate, Microcrystalline Wax, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Ceramide-2, Peg-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate

Ingredients for Stila Sheer Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15:

Bareactive ingredients: octinoxate 4.00%, avobenzone 2.00% Other Ingredients: water (aqua purificata) purified, diethylhexyl carbonate, ethylhexyl stearate, cyclopentasiloxane, diisostearoyl polyglyceryl-3 dimer dilinoleate, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), glycerin, cetyl dimethicone, hydrogenated castor oil, magnesium sulfate, aminomethyl propanol, chlorphenesin, benzoic acid, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, [+/-(may contain) mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)]

Surprisingly, both of these products contain silicones (just wanted to let you know that). Ingredients list from SkinStore.com

yep, quite right, but compared with something like smashbox, the EL refinisher (?) or that olay stuff, the silicone 'feel' is much less and it feels better on my face.

I don't have anything against 'cones per se, in fact I'm lusting after aqualant which sounds like an oil /silcone base, but most of the time I really don't much like it when facial skin products are loaded with the stuff because makeup doesn't sit right on it.

Ilina, most welcome Smile I'm currently eyeing up the one step stila stuff... apparently the coverage is a bit more plus it's buildable so may be better for days when I actually want to look more made up!

it's funny looking at old posts I made on here how i have gone from really complicated skincare routines to a fairly pared down one as I've got older. I think i realised that I was spending too much time stressing about my skin! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:09 am      Reply with quote
your simplified routine may just indicate your skin is getting better and better! Wink
i'm glad members can learn from eachother, and share in the experience... share, learn, and help eachother. i love this forum. and love reviews like your's cuz it makes researching products sooo much more easier.
peace and love!

onlyxi6
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:24 am      Reply with quote
"Contains Dermaxyl for anti-aging and SPF 15 for light sun protection", it's suitable for me, i will buy it in the next discount of EDS Laughing Laughing

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |