Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin very dry whats a good night moisturizer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
The winter months and using Renova is drying my skin out. During the summer I'm fine. Can anyone recommend a silicone free night time moisturizer that is very heavy? I love Valmont's Regenera 11, but it's just too pricey for me to get hooked on.

Thanks!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.isomers.ca/SubCat-skincare-face-dryskin.html

MOISTURE RICH ANTARCTICINE® CREAM
BASICS

Emollient cream that provides protection to the skin subjected to the harsh effects of winter.
Antarticine a Glyco-protein derived from friendly bacteria in Antartica, helps to protects your skin against extremes of cold; also supports collagen and elastin in the skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
http://www.isomers.ca/SubCat-skincare-face-dryskin.html

MOISTURE RICH ANTARCTICINE® CREAM
BASICS

Emollient cream that provides protection to the skin subjected to the harsh effects of winter.
Antarticine a Glyco-protein derived from friendly bacteria in Antartica, helps to protects your skin against extremes of cold; also supports collagen and elastin in the skin.

Thanks for the recommendation, but I have actually tried that one and it wasn't heavy enough for me. I haven't had much luck with the Isomers line as others have.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
hey kdd,
another valmont lover here... i use the regenera adaption night cream and awfIII, in the evenings. they are addictive but if you're looking for something along those lines but with a different price tag, i've had great sucess with sothys. i love the sothys nutrithys dry or ultra dry creams, or ... even the oxyliance cream is nice too. the sothys secret line is very good too..but that's moving up the price line.

i think sothys is underrated and i don't see many reviews on the forum. i think its one of the best kept secrets. HTH

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/Sothys_Dry_Skin_Line.htm

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Jess_Doll
5% products discount

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Do you have FANCL at where you are?

I use their night cream and I absolutely love it! Its very hydrating and its not expensive
newbiely
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I will recommend Dr hauschka rose cream.which is really heavy for me....
indira
5% products discount

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Try Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre "24hr Miracle Cream". This stuff is legendary and not very expensive. I started using it a month ago and I absolutely love it.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Nia24 Intensive Recovery Complex is excellent - very moisturising and makes your skin look good. Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense moisturiser is very rich and soothing indeed.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Some suggestions:
Eucerin
Impruv
Aquaphor
Glaxal Base

None of them are cosmetically elegant, but they're definately moisturizing.
Rene Greenwald

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of Eucerine. You may also want to invest in a cold hair humidifier for your bedroom at night, use warm - not hot - water, and less soap on your face. This video helped me a lot:
dermtv(d)com/how-treat-dry-skin-itchy-skin-winter
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:34 am      Reply with quote
indira wrote:
Try Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre "24hr Miracle Cream". This stuff is legendary and not very expensive. I started using it a month ago and I absolutely love it.

I heard really good stuff about this cream. I think I'll go buy it and try
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I am a strict follower of NO cream for night time. Night time is for your skin to relax, breath, do it's stuff. And if applying stuff for night, you are basically giving it a)more work, and b)taking away it's ability to work on regenerating itself.
misssalvina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Dr Hauschka rose cream is really good for me. I have dry skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
for me, i feel the kep point is put on the cream while your face is still damp.

sometimes after i put serum, etc. i spray some toner on my face, then put on the cream. it works great
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:51 am      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
for me, i feel the kep point is put on the cream while your face is still damp.

sometimes after i put serum, etc. i spray some toner on my face, then put on the cream. it works great

I think that would also work well with facial oils for moisturisation. The oil would retain the moisture from a damp face.
indira
5% products discount

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:19 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
indira wrote:

I heard really good stuff about this cream. I think I'll go buy it and try

It's pretty amazing. I spritz on Avene spring water before application and this combination works really well for me.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
indira wrote:

It's pretty amazing. I spritz on Avene spring water before application

I do that too! I think no matter what moisturizer you use, it has to have some sort of moisture to keep in in the first place.
Julia Bartlet
5% products discount

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
@Rene omg - I never even thought of that! I'll give it a shot!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:35 am      Reply with quote
My skin is normal to dry.I love KIEHL'S panhenol protein moisturizing face cream.Using it,I do not feel dry any more in winter.I strongly recommend it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:01 am      Reply with quote
luyan wrote:
My skin is normal to dry.I love KIEHL'S panhenol protein moisturizing face cream.Using it,I do not feel dry any more in winter.I strongly recommend it.

I was just about to recommend this. I was given samples of this when I picked up a bottle of their UV protect (thanks again Smile )

It is a very moisturizing cream. Luyan, you seem to have a knack for the best products!

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:06 am      Reply with quote
luyan wrote:

sounds interesting
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:39 am      Reply with quote
i do ocm method (oil cleansing method with a tiny bit of castor oil..and a lot of hemp seed or jojoba oil)..you remove the oil with hot water on a clean wash rag..which really opens my skin to recieve hydrating qualities from diy serums i then apply...botanical oils/butters (especially wih hydrating essential oils are great for dry skin..i use a diy serum w/ rosehip oil and hydrating eo's, follwed by tamanu oil(a 'heavy' oil) w/ heliochrysum eo follwed ny shea butter

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |