Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
I'm new ^^ ples advice~ *Whitening products* ~
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I'm so glad that i found this forum. I'm now looking for a whitening product that is effective. Can anyone give me a suggestion?
I wanna use a product for a long term, coz for whitening u really have to use for a while before u can see the result so I don't really know which product should i choose coz there are so many of them.

I know there are Decleor, Clarins, Phytomer, Mary Cohr, Guinot, Gatineau, Ingrid Millet , Orlane.
I also just found that in the department stores, they just have the Lancome Blanc Expert Mela-NO Cx Supreme Whitening Spot Corrector ~ which is very new in Canada. But i dont know if it is good or not.

Please advice Surprised
Thank you so much ~~
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:14 am      Reply with quote
if you must do this, then avoid preps with hydroquinine as it is VERY dangerous. There are also doubts about the safty of kojic acid, another so called whitener. You really can't make your skin whiter than you were born, without seriously damaging it. It is much better to keep it healthy.
Try exfoliating with mild aha/bha, this gets rid of dead skin cells which can make your complexion dull; follow with a good C serum which helps even skin tone out (contrary to belief, it doesnt bleach the skin or even get rid of freckles as such...I have a very freckly face and have been using high% C serums for 9 months and I am still (thank god!) freckley. Slap on a hyaluronis acid serum for moisturising and a moisturiser on top and then finish off with a good sunscreen. This prevents aging and keeps you lighter, though if you are of african/latin origin, you may actually want to be a deeper colour!
HTH Liz Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot guapagirl!!!!!
I also heard about that too! that the writener can damage my skin. Can u recommend any good C serum/exfoliating that you have used? or the one that you think it's good for the skin. I'm Asian, early 20, and I live in Canada ( the weather is so weird here~ cold , very cold, then hot and very hot. ) so i really don't know what should i use for my skin.

Thank you so much!~ i'll now start to look for a good C serum instead of Whitening~ Surprised
Mabsy

Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Christine - some very good advice from Guapagirl. I would also add that Dermalogica Microfoliant is supposed to have skin brightening properties and I actually do feel that my skin is brighter after I use this (could be the exfoliation, but it is supposed to have some enzymes in it that do .... can't remember what... something clever Smile).
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi christine
Personally I loved skinceuticals C serum but it is very expensive!...You could go for cellularskinRx c serum whhich is way cheaper, It has lots of good reviews here and it does the job, but I didn't like the texture, so I gave it to my daughter Laughing I'm currently useing dianna yvonnes C serum and I really like it! not a bad price either!
In terms of exfoliation, you could use a microdermabrasion cream like epidermx, this gets good reviews, but I personally didn't like it...you could pm sassyred for a sample though. I tend to use low % glycolic acid for exfoliation with a micro derm cloth and enzyme peel gel. This is a lot less harsh. I have experimented with higher % gly acid and got my signiture as a result! Never again!
HTH
Liz Smile

5% products discount

Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I do agree with you about the HQ. Don´t use this product for lightening a anything else. This is a dangerous cemical that will destroy you face. It is a quick fix but very dangerous. Skinbrigthening can only be achieved with paciance and knowledge. What ever you decide to do don´t use this cemical.

But with the kojic acid I don´t agree, cos this product is much different from HQ.
While HQ destroys the melanin in skin, kojic acids gives the melanocyte a signal that there already been produced anough melanin and there by reduces the melanin production. The same purpose has ARBUTIN. And kojid acid has been used for skin lightening and other purposes in the skin care market for many many years, without significant negative effects. But I must say you can not lighten the skin but brighten it to the color that you were born with. And the other thing is to USE A HIGH SPF sun-screen(spf100 is good)all year around and reduce sun exposure and wear a hat when you are in the sun, or else you will get premature aging.

The PTR Power K and The Phyto+ is booth a good brightener, but remember to use them in a extended period of time and most important Use A HIGH SPF SUNSCREEN all year around and a hat. The skins. c20 is a good quick fix to use in the a.m. to destroy the melanin in the upper-dermis. You will get a brigt and even face all day long. But I will recommend that you to start with the C10 and emty it before you move on to the c15 and C20. And people dont use to much AHA to get a brighter face and to much dermabrasion as you will get broken capilaries.

Sorry for the long post people.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Thank you u all so much!
I’d definitely search for all of that stuff!
Mabsy~ I just found out about the enzymes u said for the Dermalogica Microfoliant, it has the Papain Enzyme and Salicylic Acid, Rice Bran and Rice Extract which can brighten the skin tone!!~
guapagirl~ thx for ur advice again, so what does your daughter feel about the cellularskinRx c serum? And how’s the texture? Is it very greasy? I heard that it’s hard to find a C serum what will work for everybody skin, is it true?? Just like some might work for me but not for the others… so I guess it will take a while to find out the right one then ^^.
Mert~ I never know about the kojid acid! Do u know any product that has the kojid acid? I’m so happy that I found this forum! If not I’d have bought some whitening products from the department store.. and hurt my skin without knowing! Shock You guys are all great !~!
So which sunscreen does everybody using right now ? Because there are so many sunscreens I found that they are too rich and make my skin feel so uncomfortable. Or which one do u think is the best ever!~

Thank you u all again!~!~!
Surprised
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:30 am      Reply with quote
The cellularskin C serum has an oily feel to it, but it isn't actually in an oily base. My daughter uses it when she remembers Rolling Eyes so can't really comment!
As regards kojic acid, I must strongly disagree with Mert, as there hasn't been enough research done on the effects in humans and there is a possible cancer link according to research done on rodents.
http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep/chemhealtheffect.php?chem_id=2977

However as Mert says, you can't go lighter than you were born, so regular (gentle!) exfoliation, C serums and sunscreen (I don't think that you have to go spf100, 30-50 will give you all you need) will give you a nice skintone Smile

5% products discount

Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
There is a VERY HIGH risk to get cancer from sun exposure according to every single research but people dosn't seem to care and continue to get tan from sun beds and the sun. But then ever people read a single research an a thing they will get paranoia. People I don'´t say that you should brighten you skin just do a lot of research and get lot of knowledge before you decide what to do. But lets think about what vitamin c does to your skin? it does lot of good things including collagen production but think about this. -: when you apply you vit.C to your skin it will destroy the melanin present in the middle-dermis and there by reduce your skins own protection to the sun. And the effect from it causes the skin to look brighter.

Guapagirl I'm not saying this to start a discussion with you.I just want to have people to research the ingredients in the products and get knowledge about them before they apply the products on there skin.
jcw
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:22 am      Reply with quote
You may want to have a look at Skinceuticals Phyto+ w/c has kojic acid in it. I've been using it for nearly 2 months now together with their vit c serums and am generally with the results.
christine wrote:
Thank you u all so much!
I’d definitely search for all of that stuff!
Mabsy~ I just found out about the enzymes u said for the Dermalogica Microfoliant, it has the Papain Enzyme and Salicylic Acid, Rice Bran and Rice Extract which can brighten the skin tone!!~
guapagirl~ thx for ur advice again, so what does your daughter feel about the cellularskinRx c serum? And how’s the texture? Is it very greasy? I heard that it’s hard to find a C serum what will work for everybody skin, is it true?? Just like some might work for me but not for the others… so I guess it will take a while to find out the right one then ^^.
Mert~ I never know about the kojid acid! Do u know any product that has the kojid acid? I’m so happy that I found this forum! If not I’d have bought some whitening products from the department store.. and hurt my skin without knowing! Shock You guys are all great !~!
So which sunscreen does everybody using right now ? Because there are so many sunscreens I found that they are too rich and make my skin feel so uncomfortable. Or which one do u think is the best ever!~

Thank you u all again!~!~!
Surprised
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:22 am      Reply with quote
jcw:

Oh really? wow.. and what kind of skin do u have? so u can see that the skin is brighter?
I have a question about the Vit C.
When should i use it? PM or AM? under moisturizer or after?
Thank you all~~ ^_____^"
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
You should use a C serum in the morning after cleansing and before any serums or moisturisers. If you have time try and leave it for 2-10 mins before applying any serums.
Liz Cool

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |