Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review : Ahava Dermud Intensive Nourishing Hand Cream - RAVE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:39 am      Reply with quote
This is a review for this amaaaazing cream
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ahava-dermud-intensive-no-p_117.htm

I decided to try it after being regular on the dermud foot cream. And I so don't regret doing so. The scent is very similar to the foot cream, very rich cream, sinks in rather well, but don't expect to touch silk right after. I had frost bitten hands with rough and cracking skin Sad Just after two days of applying once a day, the skin is smoother, no more cracking and chapped skin, and it's healing! 5 thumbs up.
Definitely recommend it. I have tried the regular Ahava hand and foot creams, and they did nothing for me. So DERMUD Intensive is waaay superior!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:04 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the review!

don't expect to touch silk after use? is it greasy? have to let it dry first? and i'm sure this dermud (ahava) works best if used as a nighttime treament on hands and feet?

its in my cart now. i love getting quality products. does the job and no fussing. (i find accumulating products that don't work a real nuisance and a waste of money.)

thanks for the review! i would have never thought of ahava.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:14 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
thanks for the review!

don't expect to touch silk after use? is it greasy? have to let it dry first? and i'm sure this dermud (ahava) works best if used as a nighttime treament on hands and feet?

its in my cart now. i love getting quality products. does the job and no fussing. (i find accumulating products that don't work a real nuisance and a waste of money.)

thanks for the review! i would have never thought of ahava.

Hey Ilina, Smile
It sinks in, but there is like an sort of oily layer left for a short while - if you've ever touched dead sea mud and dead sea water you'd know what I mean. Not a usual greasy layer you get from common creams. This one is for a short while..
And Yes, I use it as nighttime treatment (don't have time running around during day to wait for it) Smile But it's simply amazing. Ahava is actually manufactured near the Dead Sea, and it's products are usually top of the line. I "swam" in the Dead Sea - your skin is simply fantastic afterwords. And people come there just to slather themselves in the mud too.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:37 am      Reply with quote
thanks Z!
is there anything else that you can recommend from ahava? i'm loading up my shopping cart and i might as well make it a big box. Very Happy

also, you seem well informed about EO and oils, and all that natural stuff. is there anything that you can recommend for shampoo? i gotta a lot of hair...but i find that it is thinner than when i was a teenager. i want to prevent any further loss and want to keep my hair and scalp healthy as possible. i would really to use some more products on the natural side. and though i've been researching it, all this natural stuff .. and what is certified and what is not...blab blab... gives me a massive headache

is there a good shampoo or conditioner that you're using? TIA!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:04 am      Reply with quote
PMd you Smile
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
thanks girl! got it! totally agree with you.

i'm going to look more into ahava for skincare, other than feet and hands. i'm wondering if they have anything that can fix this face of mine! Surprised Laughing

i really appreciate it!
all the best to you!

brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Ahava's Cleansing Cream. It has a pH of 5.5 so it's good for sensitive skin and itleaves your face hydrated & smooth feeling.
I had a sample of Ahava Eye treat and it was really nice too. Leaves under eye area hydrated and smooth. The only thing is there's quite a lot of parabens in it if that's an issue for anybody.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
The only thing is there's quite a lot of parabens in it if that's an issue for anybody.

i'm using the valmonts, not an issue with me!Laughing
buts seriously, i haven't check for parabens in the valmont but i know there's alot of stuff in there. jam packed. oh well. it seems that's the only thing working for me now.

yes, while i was adding to cart i noticed the cream cleanser. i'm a cleanser freak! and i also noticed ahava's body mud masks, moisturizers, and shampoo. have you tried?

brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
brierrose wrote:
The only thing is there's quite a lot of parabens in it if that's an issue for anybody.

i'm using the valmonts, not an issue with me!Laughing
buts seriously, i haven't check for parabens in the valmont but i know there's alot of stuff in there. jam packed. oh well. it seems that's the only thing working for me now.

yes, while i was adding to cart i noticed the cream cleanser. i'm a cleanser freak! and i also noticed ahava's body mud masks, moisturizers, and shampoo. have you tried?

No, I haven't tried anything else in this line but I've heard good things about the body moisturizer. I'm quite sure everything would be soothing and hydrating.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

Masks, you can make on your own. Buy clay and if you want some dead sea mud, mix up with some water or light oil to make a paste and voila. Again everything avail at NDA.
Shampoo haven't tried, but should be good. Moisturizers, my take on it - as long as it's DERMUD.I have tried the regular ones (usually blue color packaging) and they do nothing for me.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Quote:

Masks, you can make on your own. Buy clay and if you want some dead sea mud, mix up with some water or light oil to make a paste and voila. Again everything avail at NDA.
Shampoo haven't tried, but should be good. Moisturizers, my take on it - as long as it's DERMUD.I have tried the regular ones (usually blue color packaging) and they do nothing for me.

hi Z!
for some reason the forum indicator didn't notify me of your response. sometimes, i think that thing is not working or has a mind of its own.

yes the stuff on NDA looks wonderful! thanks for the recipe for masks. i'll need it, esp simple ones. i'm still going through my bags of matcha that i use for face and body masks. then i'll be shopping and experimenting with the NDA items. oh, and spring is coming soon. time to get the skin ready for warm weather! Wink

thanks for your help zizi! Very Happy

zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
lol, nobody called me zizi before, that's so funny.
Actually, zverenok means little animal in Russian. Cool

Masks are awesome! When I was in early 20s, I used to use french green clay a lot - because I had very oily T-zone, and so that not to dry out I'd add a bit of Jojoba and mix with that and apply. Face feels like baby skin after that. Right now, I find that if I use the clay with just water, it's too drying. But there are different types of clay, Rhassoul, pink clay (for sensitive skin), etc. I love clays, I also make myself honey masks. Just apply hone to your face and let it sit for 5-10 minutes (while licking the sweet droplets that fall on your lips) lol Smile
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Just apply hone to your face and let it sit for 5-10 minutes (while licking the sweet droplets that fall on your lips) lol

yes that would give me nice skin but a round belly! Laughing

yes, i tired the honey mask too. love it.
now i'm doing yogurt masks with honey and green tea (matcha). i just have to finish the matcha off. i think i bought too much!

zverenok means little animal?
just like me, my brother's nickname for me is savage! Laughing cuz i get too rowdy! Very Happy

RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
This is a review for this amaaaazing cream
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ahava-dermud-intensive-no-p_117.htm

I decided to try it after being regular on the dermud foot cream. And I so don't regret doing so. The scent is very similar to the foot cream, very rich cream, sinks in rather well, but don't expect to touch silk right after. I had frost bitten hands with rough and cracking skin Sad Just after two days of applying once a day, the skin is smoother, no more cracking and chapped skin, and it's healing! 5 thumbs up.
Definitely recommend it. I have tried the regular Ahava hand and foot creams, and they did nothing for me. So DERMUD Intensive is waaay superior!

I wish I've read this review before buying AHAVA Mineral Hand cream cuz it's doing absolutely nothing to my hands. I admit it feels kind of nice, but my hands are still very dry. My absolute favorite is Valmont hand cream but I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Good post! I'm trying to find a new hand cream to instead of my Jurlique rose hand cream now, the later one will run out soon. Although I like it very much, I'm always pleased to try a new recommendation. I think frequent change of hand creams will not be so worse as frequent change in skin care Laughing
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the regular line does nothing for me - exactly the same - feels nice, but still dry.

Dermud did wonders for me. I got frost bitten hands this winter - totally red and rough skin.
Dermud hand cream took care of it after 3 applications. Now, I don't even use it everyday, maybe once a week - I really don't have a need.
Foot cream is amazing too.
I think it's the combination of Dead Sea mud and salt water.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |