Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

sunscreen ingrediant !!!!i found the chart
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
SuprSun is a powdered sunscreen that contains Micronized 15% Zinc oxide and 15% Titanium Dioxide, and comes in 3 colors.

Their FunrSun version has Non-Micronized Titanium Dioxide 9%, Non-Micronized Zinc Oxide 9%.

I haven't ordered yet, but plan to give it a try.

http://www.premiumminerals.com/shop/index.php?cPath=382

Thank You Bethany,

I am looking to go for a good physical sunscreen, best choice with MMU! I will have to take a look. Thanks again for the link. Smile

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
This is by far the best sunscreen information I've stumbled across.

http://makeupalley.com/user/notepad/sunscreenFAQ/
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
Thanks! What did you think about the products?

I never actually ordered anything. I decided to stick to Zinc Oxide.

Here some more info about Tinosorb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinosorb
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
This is by far the best sunscreen information I've stumbled across.

http://makeupalley.com/user/notepad/sunscreenFAQ/

Thanks for posting that - it's like the online go-to source for sunscreen info Laughing

I remember seeing another makeupalley notepad with more technical info too, like which wavelengths each chemical covers, but I can't seem to find it right now. . .
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
3rd.oculus wrote:
I remember seeing another makeupalley notepad with more technical info too, like which wavelengths each chemical covers, but I can't seem to find it right now. . .

Here you go

http://makeupalley.com/user/notepad/sunscreendata
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
Hermosa wrote:

Hi SKJ Smile

When you say zinc oxide are you using a powder or cream of pure zinc oxide or is there a specific product that you use?

TIA
DM Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
circus wrote:
3rd.oculus wrote:

Here you go

http://makeupalley.com/user/notepad/sunscreendata

Perfect, thanks!

Things get complicated when you realize it's not just SPF that's important.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
Hermosa wrote:

Hi SKJ Smile

When you say zinc oxide are you using a powder or cream of pure zinc oxide or is there a specific product that you use?

TIA
DM Smile

Hi Darkmoon Very Happy

I use the 302 SPF 30 liquid sunscreen. I also use the 302 SPF 30 Recovery Minerals. I also have the Premium Minerals SuprSun SPF 30.

The 302 liquid sunscreen contains mostly Zinc Oxide. The Recovery Minerals contain mostly Titanium Dioxide.

Then we have the SuprSun SPF 30 that contains an even amount of both. I think you were the one asking about this product. I haven't tried to use it in awhile. The last time I used it it seems like everything was breaking me out. I have the clear version. It reminds me a lot of mineral makeup.

Actually I'm kind of scared to use anything containing Mica. I heard breathing it in is not good for you. I like the 302 Recovery Minerals because it doesn't have any Mica.

I hope this helps on your skin care journey Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 am      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie,

Thanks for your detailed reply, I will have to
check into those. For MMU I am using Aromaleigh which I have read on their site aren't ground down to nanoparticles it does have mica but no bismuth oxychloride so I am sticking with the brand because I really love it. The 302 sounds like a great choice to use with the MMU! Smile

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
SkinCareJunkie,

Thanks for your detailed reply, I will have to
check into those. For MMU I am using Aromaleigh which I have read on their site aren't ground down to nanoparticles it does have mica but no bismuth oxychloride so I am sticking with the brand because I really love it. The 302 sounds like a great choice to use with the MMU! Smile

DM

It's nice that you found a mineral makeup you like. There are so many different choices it boggles the mind!

If you do look into the 302 Mineral Recovery it comes in Translucent and Tan.

When I received my minerals I thought I was sent the wrong one because it had a color. It does have a little color but nothing too bad. Whereas the Premium Minerals Translucent is totally white. Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
Then we have the SuprSun SPF 30 that contains an even amount of both. I think you were the one asking about this product. I haven't tried to use it in awhile. The last time I used it it seems like everything was breaking me out. I have the clear version. It reminds me a lot of mineral makeup.

I was the one asking about SuprSun on the 302 thread...thanks for the additional scoop!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

I was the one asking about SuprSun on the 302 thread...thanks for the additional scoop!

No problem hun, I remember you searched for the product on this board. There are so many posts on here I sometimes have trouble finding the answer. Sometimes it's just easier to ask someone. Very Happy
sunpitunia

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:48 am      Reply with quote
MMU is some kind of brand? i'd try to get some information from the website but failed and does eds sell this brand or not?
sorry for this so simply question?
havana8

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:55 am      Reply with quote
sunpitunia wrote:
MMU is some kind of brand? i'd try to get some information from the website but failed and does eds sell this brand or not?
sorry for this so simply question?

MMU = Mineral Make-Up

Here is a link to the Frequent Acronyms & Skincare FAQ Index that you might find helpful in deciphering the shortcuts we tend to use on the forum: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=147995#147995

p.s. Welcome to EDS. Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2011 8:41 am      Reply with quote
BUMP.....So much discussion on sunscreens, living in Florida it is a year round concern, but with summer approaching more further north are looking for "the Sunscreen" Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |