Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hiper-pigmentation but not willing to try obagi yet. Ideas?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Sad I was so happy with my Caudalie night cream for dark spots for the first week but then stopped seeing any improvement Sad
I know Obagi is the best for this but I´m not ready for this serious treatment yet. Maybe when I´m thirty or more.
Anyone has any ideas? Did you have any success treating acne marks with other products?

Many thanks and all the best for Obagi users

I wish I could be brave like you Smile
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Hey Lisocas....
I suggest heading over to the lemon peel bioferment thread...we are all getting excited about this product at NCN Pro Skincare for hyperpigmentation...come on over and join us! Very Happy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=520011#520011

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Lisocas,,,,u really dont know what Obagi can do for you...It has changed my life back to what it was...I saw my self becoming an ugly looking person(only becuse of hyperpigmentation and blotchiness) From a beautiful person,,,and now after being on Obagi only for 7 weeks,,,i m almost back to what i used to look like Smile I just cant believe i can live again Smile it is a real miracle for me,,, Smile
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:56 am      Reply with quote
you can try to use VC serum, sunscreen+avoiding sunshine as much as you can, take VC pills....it takes time but might help a little
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Maheen: Do you use all the Obagi system? It seems really expensvie and too much for my budget although I´m sure is totally worth it. Still scared of the burning
Bren21: Does it really works? I have to try this lemon biopeel !! Finally some hope Smile Smile Smile
Thanks both Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Lisocas....well when i started,,,out of the 7 products of obagi nuderm system,i got
small size of cleanser
a small size of toner
Regular exfoderm forte,
Regular clear
Regular blender
30 oz tube of tretinoin
Used my own sunblock,,neutrogena(i kee changing sun blocks ).
Its my 8th week and i m still using the same products i purchased excpet that i had to buy another CLEAR cuz the first one has finished.
Toner and cleanser are finished and i m using other cheap brands.(for toner using Witch hazel for 10 dollars from GNC)...

Okay so the first time in jan when i purchased all the above things it cost my a total of (250 dollars),,,and i have estimated that it will cost me a total of(550 dollars till the end of my 24 weeks cycle...
So u r answer is that,,,i m not using all the products of obagi( cuz i have read many people"s review who think that the main prodcuts that makes a difference to ur skin are exfoderm,clear,blender and tretinoin)....I am using only 4 products of Obagi( and those r the most expensive ones Sad

I could nt afford this system 2 years ago when i heard a lot f good stuff about it and my skin was becoming a mess...but now since i have some money,,,this was the first thing i really wanted to try ...and i m glad its really really working....My skin has one tone now excpet for the redness and some acne(that tretinoin causes initially),,,and i m sure it will go away...
But i will say again that there is no doubt itis a quite hard program for someone who is very sensitive and who is not prepared for the first 5 weeks of using it...but i always knew i can tolerate it cuz i could do anything for getting my skin back Smile
good luck sweety....
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Maheen:

Thank you for your quick answer Smile
What is tretinoin? Is it obagi as well?

xxx
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks hellenzqq Smile What is VC serum?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Lisocas,,,Tretinoin is a form of vit a that is used for acne,,,wrinkles etc etc and it causes eeling of ur skin usually,,,when use it...
Obagi also offers tretinoin of their won,,,but u can buy it of any other brand...It doesnt make any difference....it comes in different concentrations...
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Lisocas, I have used the Obagi Nuderm and it did wonders,but you are right in that it is a strong products and not being 30 yet I would go for something else.Hydroquinone is very strong and will get the hyperpigmentation,but there are some others things you could try.(Be Kind Rewind Cream) from Skinactives is good and only cost 25.00,for the scars maybe (Lets Make Collagen)also from the same place.I would also use Vit C&E serun before the cream and always,always use sunscreen.
Bren21 is right alot of us have ordered the Lemon Peel Bio,had'nt use it as yet but it is suppose to work rather fast and no red and peeling so we'll see.HTH
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all of you for your tips, they have been really helpfull Smile
Leggy 61: really thinking about ordering the be kind rewind but i don't seem to find the Lets make collagen in the skinactives website. Do still sell it?

Big hug
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
lisocas,just checked the website and its there.Look under ready made products.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Hey Lisocas....
I suggest heading over to the lemon peel bioferment thread...we are all getting excited about this product at NCN Pro Skincare for hyperpigmentation...come on over and join us! Very Happy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=520011#520011

I agree give us all a little while to report in, but someone who started the thread and had us all ordering had great results ridding all the hyperpigmentation in 2 weeks!
I can't wait for mine to get here!

DM Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Leggy61: Thanks Smile I was using the search and it didn't come with any result but now I found it.
DarkMoon: It's a good idea to wait for the other people reports before buying. I now ordered the SkinBiology Acne Scar Reduction Kit to try to reduce the marks from acne and will order the be kind rewind and lets make collagen very soon Smile Will report the results!
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
lisocas,I got mime today will report on it after a week or so,I have been using the be rewind for a week or so,but will stop so I can tell how the LPB does.
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Looking forward to hear your results! Smile I'll post mine as well as soon as I get my item
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |