Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Plumping a gaunt face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Peggotty
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Miranda! You look amazing! how did I miss this thread! It's pretty interesting.

Anyhoo, what the heck are you doing to keep your face so firm? Sorry if this has been covered before as I don't want you to repeat yourself. But I've read your posts on other threads and I know you tried the Tanaka and green smoothies, etc. Using any particular topicals, gadgets? I remember you said that you didnt do facial exercises. Do tell! Very Happy
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Miranda, thanks for sharing your picture. What a gorgeous face, and your skin appears so firm and wrinkle free. I have really lost a lot of facial fat, and I have yet to figure out a natural way to plump it up. Every time I gain 5 lbs, it goes right to my stomach:( and never to my face.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
You and I both, breezy42. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Breezy42,,,,i feel that if u do the weight training for ur different body parts,lets say abdomen,back,thighs,arms,legs etc,,,and then u gain a bit of weight,,,it might go to ur face ,cuz if u ll be doing weigths,the muscles in those areas wont let the fat accumulate there,so the fat will have no where else to go other than ur face Smile
Do i make any sense at all ? I dont know i always have this concept in my mind...Smile
Does anyone support my theory ??? SmileSmileSmile or i m the only one ...HA HA HA...
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:58 am      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
if u do the weight training for ur different body parts,lets say abdomen,back,thighs,arms,legs etc,,,and then u gain a bit of weight,,,it might go to ur face ,cuz if u ll be doing weigths,the muscles in those areas wont let the fat accumulate there,so the fat will have no where else to go other than ur face Smile

Nice try!
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Miranda thanks for posting your pic. very brave indeed! Your skin is beautiful! If I saw you and did not know your age I would guess early 30's late 20's based on your nice, wrinkle free skin and no sagging what so ever. I have a plump face and when I was your age I also looked quiet young but now close to 50's my face has sagged and I am forming lines left and right. So I guess it is better to have the lean face to combat aging!
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
such a beauty and very soulful eyes - funny that you think your face shape looks like a skull - i think the same of myself - having seen your picture i think that's the prettiest skull i've ever seen - maybe i can cut myself a break now...
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Everyone, you have all been so kind. But I honestly don't mind if you want to leave constructive criticism. That's why I'm here on EDS; to try to improve what I've got and help others to do the same.
I guess you can see that I have a sort of curvy face - it goes in and out then in again then out. I disliked it for quite a few years, especially after having had such a lovely round face.
I do prefer to have long hair which usually drapes down to hang over the sides to cover the hollows and sometimes people are alittle shocked when I pull my hair back and they see how gaunt my face actually looks. I'm always asked 'have you lost weight?' and not in the nice way.
But I do notice I don't have things falling out of place so much as I head to 42.
Peggotty; everything I do and use is on my signature.
And Maheen1, sorry the weight training angle doesn't work; I've been working with weights since my early 20's and would still put weight on else where before my face (ie the parts that I train on).
And Moongoddess, please try to be easy on yourself. Other than filling hollows with resty, there's not much else we can do - well apart from gaining 5 stone!
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Miranda, we're about the same age. You don't look like you're 41 turning 42 one bit. The loss of fat from your face is not noticeable. If you don't tell anyone, no one would have known. I just posted on another thread about how I surprisingly gained back the loss of fat under my right eye, and was wondering if it was because I gained some weight. Although I didn't know how the fat got directed to my undereye area, but if that's the cause, I wish it would fill out both eyes, so they'll match! I think in your case, you look just fine. Just be happy. I think it helps us stay young.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Miranda u broke my heart...i was always in the impression that gaining weight would help as long as we r doing weights for other parts of our bbody...Okay so do u think,,,if after loosing weight,,,we eat really healthy,,,like lots of fish,fruits,vege,good oils,,,do u think then it could make our face fresher and plump ???
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
maheen1 wrote:
if u do the weight training for ur different body parts,lets say abdomen,back,thighs,arms,legs etc,,,and then u gain a bit of weight,,,it might go to ur face ,cuz if u ll be doing weigths,the muscles in those areas wont let the fat accumulate there,so the fat will have no where else to go other than ur face Smile

Nice try!
Laughing Laughing
I wish that would happen. I have been doing cardio and weights 5 days a week for the last 10 years. My weight has been fairly stable, but when I do gain a few pounds from eating more (still working out) I still can't get it to go to my face Crying or Very sad It might work for someone, but I'm never that lucky.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I also have a gaunt face or starting to have one... anyway at my age (47) that happens because of depletion of collagen and protein, I've been told. I also do weights and I am around body builders who are nice enough to give me advice from time to time. What I have learned is that protein plays a major role in conserving a healthy face, muscles. I was a smoker for many years too, so I am looking for a miracle. My diet consists mainly of protein to process or conserve the collagen in my body, exercise, vegetables, vitamin C, D, and some carbos and other supplements. Protein in the form of whey protein, egg whites, some meat and L-creatine as recommended by my trainer at the gym.
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Well, what's worked for me the most is doing my FE & Ageless exercises every *other* day, as opposed to every day. When I was exercising my face every day for about 4 months (from Sept-Dec), my family told me that I was looking too gaunt and *hungry* Shock .

In January, I began eating little healthy snacks to help my face muscles recover & build more quickly. In a matter of *days*, my face plumped out again. However, I think I overdid it because I gained 3 pounds! Now I'm trying to lose those pounds... we'll see what happens to the face.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

regarding getting more protein into the diet - I seem to be struggling with buidling muslce in the face and was considering adding something like a whey protein powder (out of frustration really). Would this be too much for just building facial muscle ? Is it mostly used to heavy weight training ?

thanks

Jackie xx
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Didn't the actress Kim Catrall (Samantha from Sex and the City) talk about the smoked salmon diet for plumping/firming her face before red carpet do's?
This is a protein-laden food (as well as the good oils). However it will also be mercury-laden so too much long term won't be good. But maybe before a special do?
Also it addresses the protein and face plumping connection. Could there be something in it?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
my aunt,,,was diagnosed with coronary artery disease 20 yeARS Ago,,,she was ordinary looknig,,,her skin was getting a bit saggy since she was in her mid 50"s,,,,she went thru a by pass and after that the doctor adivsed her to change her diet coompletely and make it healthy...Since then,,,,all she eats is one slice of bread,,,vegetables ,raw,cooked,,salad,,,fruits,,,,salmon(she eats salmon one to 2 times a day,,,boil it with bones,drink its soup and then eat the flesh)....Now seriously,,no lying,,,no exaggerations...i saw her 20 years since she started this diet,,,her face glows now,,,it looks as if she has got a face lift done,,,but she has not,,,her skin has no single wrinkle,,,she is now in her late 70"s and she looks more beautiful(atleast her skin) and she looks younger than when she was in her 50"s....i know she has not got anything done to her face,,,it is the helathy diet,,,butfor this type of change,,,u have to be persistent for years before u see this...\this is my opinoin...her face doesnt look gaunt,,,it is fresh and plump,,,but all in a natural way...
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:15 am      Reply with quote
hmm i think diet is definitely important - hadnt really considered it but thinking back to the last 6 months, my diet has been really bad, and thats when I've noticed my face looking thinner..

All things considered, its good advice - a good diet would sort out so many ageing related problems!

Btw Miranda I had some lovely grilled salmon yesterday, not sure if its plumped up my face, but I do look fresher (but could be cos its a saturday!) Very Happy

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

My face is on its way to making that transition from plump to gaunt, too. Miranda, the shape of your face is very similar to my own (but honestly, I look like you do at 34, and I can only WISH with every cell of my being that I can make it to your age and look that good!), and I just wanted to commiserate with you, because people also ask me all the time these days why I've lost so much weight, etc etc. It's REALLY annoying. I always want to tell them, no! it's because I'm a little older now and I look different!
Of course because of EDS I have no wrinkles and nice, glowy skin, but there's really no way around the loss of facial fat issue.

One thing is for sure: all the celebrities I see getting who knows what injected into their face are definitely overdoing it.

--avalange

\
This is Miranda wrote:
Everyone, you have all been so kind. But I honestly don't mind if you want to leave constructive criticism. That's why I'm here on EDS; to try to improve what I've got and help others to do the same.
I guess you can see that I have a sort of curvy face - it goes in and out then in again then out. I disliked it for quite a few years, especially after having had such a lovely round face.
I do prefer to have long hair which usually drapes down to hang over the sides to cover the hollows and sometimes people are alittle shocked when I pull my hair back and they see how gaunt my face actually looks. I'm always asked 'have you lost weight?' and not in the nice way.
But I do notice I don't have things falling out of place so much as I head to 42.
Peggotty; everything I do and use is on my signature.
And Maheen1, sorry the weight training angle doesn't work; I've been working with weights since my early 20's and would still put weight on else where before my face (ie the parts that I train on).
And Moongoddess, please try to be easy on yourself. Other than filling hollows with resty, there's not much else we can do - well apart from gaining 5 stone!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Oh... the gaunt face... this is a topic close to my heart.

I am so ever grateful to this EDS community for opening my eyes on a lot of things. It used to be that I had a feeling about myself (my face in particular) and I didn't even know what exactly bothered me... Now, at least, I know my issues very well.

My face has always been as we describe gaunt, pointy, very slim. Yes I have always been on a slim side myself, but if I gain fat, it always goes to thighs and stomach area.

The only solution that I found is the facial exercises. It rounds up my face, give it a noticeable fullness. Oh, I LOVE It when it does that, but the only downside of it is that if I stop doing them even for a short time, it goes right back to its gaunt shape ... Sad

(I have been sick with a flu/cold for this week and didn't want to handle my sore face and nose, so now I am observing how my face is getting back to what it was before I started exercises)

I don't even know what else can give more permanent results for pluming it (except fillers)...
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:31 am      Reply with quote
ella-stella,
Do you find that flexeffect is the best for pumping up the face? I don't have a gaunt look but I do notice that flexeffect does the best job of plumping up the lower face.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
ella-stella,
Do you find that flexeffect is the best for pumping up the face? I don't have a gaunt look but I do notice that flexeffect does the best job of plumping up the lower face.

I alternate FlexEffex with Ageless by the same principal of body exercise, it is most effective when you stress the same muscles in a bit different way to achieve the best result.

But yes, I added FlexEffex to Ageless routine because I find it is very effective in plumbing my face when I do it regularly.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Toby and ELLa stella.....i am 30 right now....my face has always been thinnnnnot in a bad way,,,but still i dont like it ,,,when i lsoe weight,,it get the gaunt look on it,,,,it was the same way when i was 25....
Plz can u tell me about these ageless and flex exercises..what r these about...i would love to do them if they will reall give my face a plump appearance..thanks Smile
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
my aunt,,,was diagnosed with coronary artery disease 20 yeARS Ago,,,she was ordinary looknig,,,her skin was getting a bit saggy since she was in her mid 50"s,,,,she went thru a by pass and after that the doctor adivsed her to change her diet coompletely and make it healthy...Since then,,,,all she eats is one slice of bread,,,vegetables ,raw,cooked,,salad,,,fruits,,,,salmon(she eats salmon one to 2 times a day,,,boil it with bones,drink its soup and then eat the flesh)....Now seriously,,no lying,,,no exaggerations...i saw her 20 years since she started this diet,,,her face glows now,,,it looks as if she has got a face lift done,,,but she has not,,,her skin has no single wrinkle,,,she is now in her late 70"s and she looks more beautiful(atleast her skin) and she looks younger than when she was in her 50"s....i know she has not got anything done to her face,,,it is the helathy diet,,,butfor this type of change,,,u have to be persistent for years before u see this...\this is my opinoin...her face doesnt look gaunt,,,it is fresh and plump,,,but all in a natural way...

That sounds great, but eating salmon could carry the risk of too much mercury? or is it only with tuna?
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
On the subject of whey protein, I just read about this on Dr. Mercola's newsletter. He has it listed as one of the 7 foods that slow aging.
He states that whey protein increases the stores of glutathion in our bodies. Glutathione increases the integrity of telomeres which shorten as we age.
I just thought I'd share this for those interested.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Didn't the actress Kim Catrall (Samantha from Sex and the City) talk about the smoked salmon diet for plumping/firming her face before red carpet do's?
This is a protein-laden food (as well as the good oils). However it will also be mercury-laden so too much long term won't be good. But maybe before a special do?
Also it addresses the protein and face plumping connection. Could there be something in it?

Could be. I've done the salmon diet for years. Had more effect in my early 30s but definitely it helps to lift and smooth out the skin. Plumping though, hmm I'm almost 40 so I have some gaunt issues too. Perricone does not work quite as well for me now as it used to.

I've just started with the Tua Viso. Can't say yet if there is any actual visible difference. My cheeks do feel different though.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |