Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ring Around the Neck
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TinyMusic

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Hello ladies,
This may be my first post, but I've been lurking around here for a while. Anyways, I have a problem with lines on my neck. They've seem to have shown up in the past couple of years. I have them in the middle of my neck at the base of it and even out towards my shoulders. And I'm only in my early twenties!
They bother me so very much. And weigh heavily on my self-esteem. And they are very noticeable. I also have some somewhat deep lines around the top of my wrists and hands I'd like to improve that also make me very self-conscious. I've been reading a lot of threads on different treatments and products. Needless to say I feel very overwhelmed.
I value your opinions and advice very much and wanted to ask you where should I begin, what are the best treatments and what has worked for you? I would appreciate any input. Thanks.
salonspa

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:30 am      Reply with quote
i feel you should try using 100% cocoa butter! I have had a few dark spots on my body before for different reasons and they aren't there anymore because i consistently used the cocoa butter… hope this works for you.. Your best bet is to see a doctor about the hyper pigmentation and get treatment that way and to make sure there is no underlying illness that's causing it..

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm afraid I don't have an answer, TinyMusic. Welcome to both you and Salonspa, BTW! But I'd also be interested in any suggestions from the forum. I have to say though, I've had my rings since I was a child, so there's probably no solution for me. On a slightly dif note, I was watching 'The Devil Wears Prada' and noticed that Giselle actually has these 'necklace/rings of Venus', too (personally I don't feel like a goddess with 'em Laughing ).
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
pleiades - I've never heard them called that before. What a pretty euphemism Laughing

I think most people have them though, so it's not really something you should worry about.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I just started noticing those "neck rings" on myself as well. I was going to post on this forum about it, but wasn't sure how to describe it. It is not a skin discoloration but it looks like the skin may have stretched at the base of the neck, that is the only explanation for it. I have large breasts and was wondering if the weight of my breasts are pulling the skin down at my neck area. You know, gravity.

Anyway, I decided I would tackle this problem and ordered from CellBone the Glycolic Acid 50% Peel Gel and also the C20ie Absolute C- Serum (20% L-Ascorbic Acid, 0.5% Alpha Tocopherol, 0.5% Idebenone) and will use these on my neck ring and chest.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
i use tretinion on my neck, and it helps a lot
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I use RA, vit.c serum & a brightening cream on my neck & decolletage. While this has improved these areas, it hasn't touched the 2 neck rings I have at the bottom of my neck.

MystyPines- I was wondering if a glycolic peel might be the way to go. I will be interested to hear how this works out for you. Thanks.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have had them since as long as i can remember...and they dont bother me much....

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all so much for responding. :]

salonspa - Thank you very much for your advice. But it's more of lines as in wrinkles then a pigmentation problem.

pleiades - Thank you for the warm welcome! I've never heard them described that way before, it makes them sound so much better then they really are ha ha.

MystyPines - I'd love to hear how the peel works out. I was also thinking about a peel of some sort.

I was also thinking of dermarolling as an option, or maybe some kind of laser/light treatment. I definitely want to get my hands on some retinol.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:
I have had them since as long as i can remember...and they dont bother me much....

Once night I was watching QVC and Dr. Denese was talking about Neck Rings. She stated that they can be hereditary. I've had neck rings as long as I can remember. Come to think about it I think everyone in my family has them.
Cazziek
5% products discount

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I've have them for awhile now. They're "platysmal bands" we normally call "neck bands" or "neck chords. They get worse with age....meaning the platysmal muscle in the neck (below the chin) separates more cause this pigmented band...I hate them too. This is usually due to loose face skin and volume loss, or loosening of the muscles.

Don't waste money trying to treat it via non-invasive methods....it's not realistic (IMHO). Some have suggested botox, it will just make it worse....as botox relaxes the muscles which will likely cause more laxation in this area. Forget all the miracle "laser" treatments...you'll still have them.

The only way to really rid them is with a face-lift. You can consult with a surgeon who specializes in neck treatment & pursue a "neck lift". However, not too many reputable surgeons will do isolated neck lifts. If so, they may tighten the platysmal muscle through the chin, but not tighten the skin itself....but I believe a mid-face lift, or other, will totally eradicate this....

Take a look a Kimore Simmons...she has the worst neck band EVER....she doesn't let it affect her self-esteem....not that your's is affected by it, but some things we just have to live with. That's just the way God made us. Most everyone has them....But please save your money by avoiding non-invasive measures and get the "Real McCoy" if thats what you want. Good luck.

P.S. When I first got the bands, I tried to lighten them with "hydroquinone"..it did lighten them everso slightly...but now look even darker.
Cazziek
5% products discount

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:18 am      Reply with quote
I tried to post a link to show what the Business Mogul, former Supermodel Kimora Lee Simmons' neck bands look like....but the post was rejected....I'm sure you get the idea though Smile.

I've been doing regular tca peels every few months and weekly or bi-weekly glycolic peels to face, neck and decollate...for about 5 yrs now...they don't eliminate neck bands. But they do improve the skin, but I'm going to give them a break because I think that they enhance spider veins...I get really veiny afterwards. Forgive all of my spelling errors.
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I have using the AALS on my neck for 2 months and it has really helped with the improvement that I got from using RA and blender every other night.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
I have using the AALS on my neck for 2 months and it has really helped with the improvement that I got from using RA and blender every other night.

With which Leggy lines/wrinkles or lines/pigmentation or maybe both? Smile Sorry asking about the AALS. Smile

TIA
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:40 am      Reply with quote
DM, with the lines/wrinkles,I got good results from the RA every other night,but it got better(not great)with the AALS.I am using it on my chest also but it hasn't not done anything for the brown spots,that's why the Lemon Peel (can't wait).
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
DM, with the lines/wrinkles,I got good results from the RA every other night,but it got better(not great)with the AALS.I am using it on my chest also but it hasn't not done anything for the brown spots,that's why the Lemon Peel (can't wait).

Thanks Leggy Smile
I guess those wrinkles are a bit tougher to eradicate.
I am anoxiously awaiting the Lemon Peel as well! I haven't gotten excited about trying a new product in a long time but this one sounds great! Here's hoping we all report back with raves!!! Smile

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Cazziek wrote:
I've have them for awhile now. They're "platysmal bands" we normally call "neck bands" or "neck chords. They get worse with age....meaning the platysmal muscle in the neck (below the chin) separates more cause this pigmented band...I hate them too. This is usually due to loose face skin and volume loss, or loosening of the muscles.

I'm confused. (which is nothing new:lol:) I thought TinyMusic meant horizontal lines (rings around the neck) I've had mine since a child, so they are definitely hereditary.

My understanding is that neck cords/bands result from the degradation of the platysmal muscle, and thinning skin and would run vertically, as the muscle does?
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
what is AALS?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
pleiades,

LOL I see some about lines the necklace type and some about pigment rings so you are not the only confused one here! Smile Not sure about the vertical lines at all hmm

DM Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
what is AALS?

Anti Aging Light Stim. It's an LED device. There is a huge thread!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29297

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
hellenzqq wrote:
what is AALS?

HTH
DM

oh, yeah, that is right...that is why it sounds so fimilar.

thanks a lot for the quick reply
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
hellenzqq wrote:
what is AALS?

HTH
DM

oh, yeah, that is right...that is why it sounds so fimilar.

thanks a lot for the quick reply

No problem all the acronyms can get pretty hard to remember Smile

DM Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
pleiades,

LOL I see some about lines the necklace type and some about pigment rings so you are not the only confused one here! Smile Not sure about the vertical lines at all hmm

DM Smile

Damn, dirty lines! Very Happy

This is a pic from my childhood (6 years old~kindergarten). I made a note where my bottom neck ring is, and has been, I have another *set* just above, but you can't see in this old pic.

So, as noted, I've had them forever and am not so sure anything can be done about the *inherited* kind. Funny thing, they never really bothered me until my mother pointed them out. lol
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
TinyMusic wrote:
I was also thinking of dermarolling as an option, or maybe some kind of laser/light treatment. I definitely want to get my hands on some retinol.

Just an FYI that I dermarolled the heck out of mine and saw ZERO improvement, despite the fact that I was able to eliminate my crows feet.

I did figure out that mine probably developed from looking down at my keyboard over many years, or reading in bed. If you can figure out what movement (if any) is creating yours, I would first address trying to stop that from happening.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
I suppose I'll nix the dermarolling idea. I don't know if mine are so much due to heredity. Maybe I just have bad posture. Or just bad skin. Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |