Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shopping for a new line
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
quacko
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I am in the market right now shopping
for a new skin care line.
I have been researching the forum for days
now, and the more I research, the more confused
I get.

I need some suggestions on what to get. I am
mid-forties, with normal skin. No specific
concern other than wanting a nice "fresh"
face, and a skin care line that it not
too expensive. My complexion is olive-colored
and I am prone to melasma/hyperpigmentation.

Thanks a lot!
Diane
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:37 am      Reply with quote
since you did your search already, i guess you realize that 1. there are lots of great stuff there....2.nothing works for everybody....

i bet if you let people give u suggestions, the result will almost be the same as your research in this forum: different people will give you different suggestion.

the only idea i can suggest is that look for a VC serum for the day and tretinion for the night, and a good sunscreen.

but when it comes to specific products, you still need to try out by yourself. since you are looking for now too expensive products, I suggest you can begin with drugstore stuff, there are lots of good stuff there
quacko
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks hellenzqq for the info.

I should add that I have used products
from these lines before:
Dr. H, Dermalogica, Skinceuticals, PSF,
skincarerx and Dermalogica.

They were all OK, but thought that I want
to try something different, that people
are very happy about.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I 2nd the use of vit.c serum, Retin A & a good sunscreen.
As far as other products it will probably take some trial & error and reading of reviews to find what works for you. What works for one person doesn't always work for another.
If you can get trial kits, that's a good way to try different lines out.
That being said I find Nia 24 to be a good line that is reasonably priced and has a trial kit. I use and love AlphaDerma CE but you might find it too expensive although it is 4oz. size so I consider it reasonable.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
is AlphaDerma CE oily?
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
is AlphaDerma CE oily?

I don't find it oily hellenzqq, it absorbs in well for me. I don't know how somebody with oily skin might find it, mine is normal.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Don't think in terms of finding 1 new line because I don't think 1 line really fits the needs of most people.

Think of what your concerns/issues are and find a product from any line that meets that need.
quacko
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your responses. I think
I will focus on a good moisturizer
for day/night, and an eye cream. I am using
a good physical sunblock which I'd like
to continue using. But I am running
out of moisturizers and day/night cream.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
quacko - I agree with hellenzqq that nothing works for everyone, and you need to experiment to see what works for you.

However, reviews can get you started in the right direction. As well as EDS, MakeupAlley has an easily searchable reviews database: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp/
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |