Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Newbie- I ruined my Skin, help pleaseeee
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
africanqueen
5% products discount

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:23 am      Reply with quote
hi everyone, im 18 from toronto. I recently over exfoliated my skin harshly. I used a loofah on my face which made my skin peel off. Now the areas have darkened and they look horrible. Ive began using ambi fade cream mixed with retin a 0.01%, because i was advised to do that by a friend.

I was wondering, is there any other natural ways i can lighten the dark spots and even my skin tone. I'm hearing good stuff about vitamin c serum. Would you recommend this?, and which kind. Or should i make it on my own. Any advice would help...

it also seems like a developed some folliculits on my face due to the harsh scrubbing. My hair follicles are inflamed, and they keep leaving hyperpigmentation. I used to have flawless skin. Im really depressed, please help.

I also bought the clinique 3-step, im hoping it'll help.
africanqueen
5% products discount

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:25 am      Reply with quote
oh by the way, im only using the fade cream on a certain dark spot, it's pretty big though. when i used the loofah it made my skin raw, and it scabbed off. I can post a picture, but please tell me how to post pictures. thank you
garbath
5% products discount

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi African Queen,

Welcome to EDS. Sorry to hear about your skin but you're on the right forum to ask for help.

Please get a moisturiser that is suitable for your skin as I believe your skin must be pretty dry right now. Hydration helps with the overexfoliation. Also, wear sunscreen.

As for the dark spots some members have been raving about NCN's lemon biopeel ferment. Here's the thread.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=520452

I'm sure the other members will come on out to help you once they read your post.

Hang in there dear. All of us have had our bad skin days and I know how it feels. I too once had really good normal skin when suddenly it became acne infested and the next thing all too dry.

This will pass. It definitely will and just believe that!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Has everything healed yet? You do not want to be using actives on skin that still has scabs, etc.

5% products discount

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
yah its all healed, but its alot darker than my skin color, theres alot of dark patches.
meganpepi

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I would use Rosehip oil on your face as that's what the plastic surgeons recommend to many of their patients. Its great for healing, great for pigmentation, firming, works like Retin A and articles rave about Rosehip. You just have to make sure the Rosehip is fresh and buy it in its most natural form. Don't give up as things WILL improve.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
africanqueen - The good news is, you're 18 so your skin is still great at recovering!

Although there are many products that can help with hyperpigmentation, since you also have some folliculitis the best thing might be to see a dermatologist and ask him/her about both issues.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:12 am      Reply with quote
youa r so young, and your skin will recover quick. give it a time, and use a good sunscreen, it will be good all over again
africanqueen
5% products discount

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
thanks everyone
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
You may try Chamomile German Hydrosol and Neroli hydrosol, use them as mask.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hello my dear,

I see from your post that you are only 18, and I'm guessing from your name that you have a darker complexion. I mention this because I recall reading in Dr. Perricone's book, the Wrinkle Cure, that dark skin can be very very sensitive to certain treatments tolerated by fair complexions (for example acids). (I believe Perricone recommended alpha lipoic acid which is not really acid-like, but I don't have access to the book right now so I can't be sure). What I was wondering was if you could get in to see a good dermatologist who will know how to treat your skin safely and gently.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:43 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't use the Clinque system. Altho' I honestly don't know anything about the Clinique products, it is one of the most UNPOPULAR cosmetic/skincare lines among users of this forum. If you search the "worst products" threads, Clinque is mentioned more than any other line. I would stay away from it and use more natural products....and don't worry, your skin is constantly regenerating and will be flawless again!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
clustersof3
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I second the advice about the Clinique 3-step. I wouldn't use it, just give your skin a chance to recover without using too many new products.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Make sure you use a good sun block.
PQ

Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |