Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

using make-up with Obagi
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
piercemp

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I see there are a lot of forums on Obagi--but I haven't been able to find an answer to my question which is---
Can I use oil-based make-up (Este Lauder) when starting Obagi Nu-Derm?

I don't want to do anything to mess up results.
I am on day 3 of the program---red and peely already.
I would appreciate any advice on make-up and any advice on controlling the peely skin...Thanks!
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Piercemp,Welcome to EDS,you are going love it here.
I did the Nuderm/Obagi for 18 weeks,and have had great improvement,that said,you are going to get red and peely and will probably look worst before you look better,but it is soooooo worth it.

First the peeling skin:in the morning when you shower the stream will loosen the fakes and you can lightly rub them off,try not pick at it (I know its hard not to)but it can cause some scaring.You can also use a mild exfoliate(I used ZO by Obagi) but there are many others.

As far as make up,I had to use mineral make up and stop using anything with oil in it,it made me fake worst.

Most important SUNSCREEN,don't forget to use that.Good Luck,HTH.
piercemp

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:26 am      Reply with quote
ok--thanks. I will try that. Just curious...is the mineral make-up you use liquid or powder?
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I have used both,but the powder is what I used when doing Nuderm.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't seen anything which contradicts the use of foundation with obagi. But when you're in the middle of the "peelies" - well it doesn't improve the situation. You make want to just spot conceal on those questionable days (those when you suspect you're going to peel like a snake right in the middle of the day.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
piercemp wrote:
I see there are a lot of forums on Obagi--but I haven't been able to find an answer to my question which is---
Can I use oil-based make-up (Este Lauder) when starting Obagi Nu-Derm?

I don't want to do anything to mess up results.
I am on day 3 of the program---red and peely already.
I would appreciate any advice on make-up and any advice on controlling the peely skin...Thanks!

The really strict old timers on Nu Derm will say no to the make-up or only on rare occasions when you just "have" to wear it due to the oils and such in the foundation. I think in this day and age most people do wear make-up and I don't think it would hinder your progress on Nu Derm (though it might due to the oils). I am not sure how good it will look when your face is very dry. I think they used to recommend lycogel for the foundation (sorry I think that is the name, but not positive).
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Piercemp,
I found that while doing Nuderm, I had to give up using liquid foundation. With all the flakiness going on, it just looked terrible on me! I started using mineral make up (powder) which looked better and helped to tone down the redness.

Good luck with Nuderm; I hope you have great results! Keep us posted.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies,

So I have heard many great reviews about the Obagi product line which I have bought and started 2 days ago. From all the testimonials I read I have NO peeling whatsoever, maybe some tingling sensation and very little redness. Is the product working or will I need a few more days to see the affects its had on people on ME.

Also I am using mineral powder after my morning regime, s this OK as I cannot leave the house without any make-up.

I hope to hear from someone as I hope that I made a god purchase with Obagi?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on my third time using Obagi for the full 18 weeks and the peeling and flaking has been different every time both in terms of when I started peeling and where.

This time the peeling started within a few days whereas last time it took a couple of weeks to start. Also this time, I've been peeling on my cheeks as well as around my mouth and chin but last time my cheeks didn't peel at all. I haven't a clue why my reaction to the products varies so much. Perhaps each time I've used it, I've got a bit bolder and applied slightly more product but it hasn't been a conscious thing as I've always tried to use the recommended amounts. I don't know if any of the Obagi experts on the forum can offer an explanation?

Regarding makeup, I always wear mineral powder foundation and I'm sure it hasn't affected my results at all.
yvy1
5% products discount

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
MissTania,this is my first time using Obagi and I'm on week 5 and NOW is when I started flaking/getting red. It's not bad, and I'm hoping it doesn't get much worse. But for the first 5 weeks, I was seeing some nice improvement anyways, so it's not like I waited 5 weeks for nothing.

I think it's very individual and you may or may not peel, or you may in the first couple days or you may in week 5 or 6.
But I think the improvements will happen nonetheless.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |