Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Another LED Device: The ReVitaLED Anti-Aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Just a curiosity really, for those who like to see which LED products are out there.. "the combination of amber, red and infrared LED lights with 5 different wavelengths from 605-880nm." They also have an acne version. £199/$299.

http://www.revitaled.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=28&osCsid=3db8217a1ddbee668ee1448e2e39fd67

The device looks slightly similar to the AALS (albeit in black, with less diodes). It has a temperature sensor which switches it off when it reaches 40°C, that's a new one on me Confused

They recommend you split the face into 3 "zones". The LED is used on each zone for 5 minutes at a time, it has an in-built timer. Total treatment time: 15 minutes.

It has two settings: Normal and Strong. There's no mention of an AC Adaptor, so I'd assume it's a battery operated unit. They offer a 90 day guarantee; "results in 60 days". The cod-English they use on their site is a bit off-putting!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
They even include some LED studies in their Blog: http://www.revitaled.com/blog/page/3 also on pages 4, 5 and 6.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
maxon782
5% products discount

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Their website and blog does provide a lot of information about different things for anti-aging.

The biggest issue I have with the LED devices, not specifically this one or any other one, is that there is some over excited reviews on here (even some sounding sales pitchy)...but when you look at everything else that people say they are using in addition to the led devices (e.g. Retin-A, Green Tea Creams, Vitamin C cream, etc.) how does anyone know that the led is the reason for the results they claim they get specifically from the LED.

If these individuals would totally drop every other item they use on their skin, except for cleanser of course, for 60-90 days and only use their led device and then have before and after pictures with NO makeup...and then come back and post their results...I think we might see less overly excited/sales pitchy reviews then.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I know what you mean, when people overly gush about a product (especially appearing with new profiles, praising something to the skies with their first post) it does put me off somewhat.

My AALS was second-hand from ebay UK, I don't think I'd have paid full price (the seller even included the original Lightstim invoice; including Customs duties it was around £250); I got it for about £90 nearly 2 years ago.

Have I seen a difference with my skin texture? No. I had mild to moderate acne, and used benzoyl peroxide on and off, and other very harsh acne treatments and they badly affected it. Trying to fix my skin with TCA peels at the moment. Considering laser/RF treatments (Accent Pixel was recommended to me by a derm, but haven't read anything positive about it online).

I've read benzoyl peroxide can accelerate skin aging, but it's hard to pinpoint what contributed to my skin's decline during adolescence.

All I can say the AALS does for me is give me brightness and softness. I'm lucky enough not to have visible wrinkles yet, though.

I even used the AALS nearly every day for weeks on my surgery scars (Neosoporin afterwards) and one scar still turned hypertrophic. I'm no expert on scars/LED use, though.

maxon782
5% products discount

Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Around the holidays I got an email from one of the company's that make a popular LED device and they were talking about all the miraculous things it does and they had some before and after pictures....and as with a lot of companies that use before and after pictures to sale their products these pictures had different lighting on the after pictures to make the people look better...and then their was a tinge of makeup in the after pictures but not the before pictures.

If these companies really believe in their product then take the time to take pictures where the lighting is the same and the makeup is the same in the before and after....it is not that hard to do those two simple things.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |