Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
SAS Antioxidant Booster
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Hello!
Has anyone used this product? I was considering adding this into a DIY Vitamin C serum.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. I love this site! Smile
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:31 am      Reply with quote
just bumping this up... Wink
Has anyone used this?

thanks in advance,
Emily
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the SAS anti-ox booster. It's a good product. The thing that bugs me about it though, is the color. It is a red-ish/orange deeply colored serum. When you mix it with other things they develop an orange tint. Makes it tough to see if your L-AA C serum is turning yellow and oxidizing. You might try mixing it into a cream you apply after the C serum.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Great to know - thanks. If you apply directly, will it stain your skin? I Don't want a red or orange face!! Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
There is a red tint after applying but it does eventually go away. If you are going to use it I would wait a bit before going anywhere. I use it after rolling on face and hands.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:11 am      Reply with quote
thanks - do you recommend it? Have you noticed a difference in your skin after using?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't been using it very long - a few weeks and only after rolling but based on the pureness of the ingredients I am very happy with it and will continue to use it. I have to believe it nourishes the skin. Many here use this product due to the quality of the ingredients.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:59 am      Reply with quote
what is this thing? Shock
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:07 am      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
what is this thing? Shock

Here is a direct link to the product on skinactives site.

http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=168

HTH
DM

5% products discount

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link. Very informative. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:06 am      Reply with quote
ishay wrote:
Thanks for the link. Very informative. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You are welcome, It's a lot more information than I can type out. Smile

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered this a while back but never really used it. I'm not too creative as a DIYer. In fact, I don't think I'm qualified to be called a DIYer. LOL So I have this and some other goodies from SAS that I'm not sure what to do except to decorate my bathroom with them.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
I ordered this a while back but never really used it. I'm not too creative as a DIYer. In fact, I don't think I'm qualified to be called a DIYer. LOL So I have this and some other goodies from SAS that I'm not sure what to do except to decorate my bathroom with them.

We may be able to help if you listed what all you have? Smile

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:

I combine the antiox with Every Lipid Serum and apply to hands and face after derma rolling. Don't know what you have but can give a few suggestions.

You only need a small amount of Skin Active creams to cover your face, these you can layer with ELS.
In the morning if you have CHAS use this and layer after 10 minutes with ELS. Or use Let's Make Collagen instead of CHAS. (or you can alternate).
Evening use Marine Nutrient Serum (or retin A) and wait 10 minutes, layer with ELS. This protocal will nourish your skin and give you lots of peptides with some epidermal growth serum thrown in there.

You can get the most out of your products by refrigerating creams and serums. Some of the protein based actives such as Epidermal Growth Factor will lose their activity over time, if kept at warm temperatures. I decant a small amount of Let's Make Collagen or anything into a clean, small container to keep in my master bathroom. I like skin actives products and if you have them - use them. The anti ox booster is terrific blended with ELS or alone. It does have that bright color Laughing but that's okay - just use early in the evening after washing. Allow to settle into the dermis before going to bed. Otherwise you will have a very orange pillow.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Is there another good antioxidant that can be added to a DIY C serum? I am going to use ferulic acid, vitamin e.. just wanted one more good antioxidant.

thanks for all the feedback on this!

Emily
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:35 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Is there another good antioxidant that can be added to a DIY C serum? I am going to use ferulic acid, vitamin e.. just wanted one more good antioxidant.

thanks for all the feedback on this!

Emily

Hi erg,

Skinactives also make a serum type antioxident booster it might suit your needs, here's the product link. Smile

http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=7

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I've bought this a couple of itmes, and the thing that bugs me about SAS products is that they are always a different consistency.

I have used this under moisturiser, but also bought some of their Lets Make Collagen serum but have to confess I never saw any major differences using either. In fact the LMC serum had bits floating about in it, and when I queried it, was told that its not ineffective, just sometimes that happens. I think they got really bad cust service.... as at times if you ask any questions that involves anything other than their products (or even a question over consistency) it is answered with a harsh response often without answering the question.

I saw the video's on youtube, and whilst Hannah does have ok skin, its nothing special to write home about in my mind.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:51 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary,

I agree I have only purchased from Skinactives once and can't say I am impressed either. Their instructions are lacking IMO. I also don't see much result from the products. Maybe the best bet is to get the antioxidant ingredient list and make a batch of serum to add to our products ourselves. Smile

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Great idea DarkMoon Smile

What other good topical antioxidants besides Vitamin C, E? Would a green tea serum work ok alone or mixed with vitamin C?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:55 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Great idea DarkMoon Smile

What other good topical antioxidants besides Vitamin C, E? Would a green tea serum work ok alone or mixed with vitamin C?

If you mix Green Tea and Vitamin C there are concerns about the minerals/metals causing proxidation unless you use a chelating agent. It can be done though! I will look and see what mixes well, in the meantime a great place for recipes free is at,

http://www.makingcosmetics.com

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Wow good catch DM, now I remember reading about that somewhere on the DIY forum.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Wow good catch DM, now I remember reading about that somewhere on the DIY forum.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Enjoy erg, I love the site both for products and very thorough information! Smile

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Erg,

Was thinking about you today and as soon as I had a chance wanted to send this to you.

Here is a great and easy C & E ferulic recipe (comparable to skinceuticals). I've used a few C products including skinceuticals and this one is very inexpensive and very effective. I make it for my friends too. All ingredients can be found at
Skinactives.com
Lotioncrafters.com (best place to get the L ascorbic acid - in powdered form. Will dissolve best).

Here's my favorite C Serum

(This will probably last you 8 weeks or so. It is very stable, and will remain so until it's used up, so no need to worry. (The vit E, SKB + FA all make it very stable!)

What you need for 1oz C,E, Ferulic 15%;
- 2 glass shot glasses
- 1oz cobalt or amber dropper or pump bottle

- 1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Vitamin E (equals 1%)
- .5% of Ferulic Acid (1 good pinch)
- 2 tsp SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
- 3 + 1/2 tsp of distilled water
- 1/2 tsp of vodka (don't laugh, you need it to dissolve the FA so it's not gritty, and it also keeps the ph low enough!)

What to do;

- In first shot glass, put 1 tsp C into the 3 + 1/2 tsp of distilled water. Put on the side, stirring occasionally till FULLY dissolved (This can be anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, so have patience.)

- In 2nd shot glass put in 1/2 tsp vodka, and sprinkle the FA in and mix. (Little formulator spatulas are great for this!) When it has dissolved fully, add in the vitamin E + SKB and stir it all up well.

- When the LAA has fully dissolved in the 1st shot glass, mix the contents of both glasses together, stir very well, and carefully pour into your 1oz bottle.

This recipe is from Kassy - a well-known DIYer with a science background on EDS. Many of us use this.

Hope you enjoy. It seems to tighten too! Love it.

Best,
Sister Sweets

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sister Sweets for sharing and Kassy for coming up with the formulation! That is exactly what I was looking for! I wanted something good to mix in with the basic C DIY serum.

Do you use this every day? If not, what do you use on the alternate days?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |