Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tried CoverFx...read on for my thoughts
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I went to Shoppers Drug Mart today to get matched for color fx.

Horrible for dry skin Sad
I'm dry because of topicals...I was very disappointed. Better color selection than most, but I'm sure there are better products out there.

She put it on with a sponge, but then encouraged me to buy the brush. I thought the brush was stiff as hell.

I knew I shouldn't have tried it. I guess nothing will cover what I need covered realistically, so it's all the better than I'm seeking cosmetic surgery options.

Only great thing is, it didn't cause any immediate breakout, which is promising. Most usually do. I feel it would look very real on my skin if it wasn't dry.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Sorry to hear the product was such a wasted effort for you. Have you tried any of the JI concealers under her pressed powders? I haven't as of yet due to confusion of which one to order. Maybe you could be my guinea pig and let me know hehe.

I really don't have much to cover up anymore since using obagi but would like something for those occasional TOM zits.

Sherri
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks!
It was definitely a wasted effort...I'm going to the only other place I know around the 13th or so...if that doesn't go good, I'm going back to JI.

If I did order a concealer, it would probably be "Disappear".

The SA who put it on was really over-bearing.
She put it on, it looked obviously dry and gross. She insisted on using mattifying lotion, etc etc etc etc. I looked dry, I have a few new pimples, too. After she put it on, she brought 3 items to the cash; Foundation Brush, Oil Free Cream foundation and setting powder, then said "Ok babe, whip out the plastic". LOL

Anyway, if she can put it on with the sponge, I don't know why I need a brush.

Fingers crossed for the next try!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:59 am      Reply with quote
where's your next spot??

If it's MAC, I find their 'select' products to wear off really quickly...maybe it's just those ones.

Let us know what happens with the next product you try
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, I'll let you know for sure! Smile
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I am sorry the coverfx did not work for you. I am still thinking of trying it as I am quite oily.

Did you actually buy the Coverfx foundation and brush? How was pricing on their MMU?

Jane Iredale has a store/salon locator on their website. Maybe they have a location close to you where you can be colour matched.
I am also wanting to be colour matched by the Jane I. Pricing will probably be better on line but I do like to see products (in particular foundations) actually on me.

It is hopeful that it can be applied with a sponge. I do have the coverfx foundation brush. I think foundation brushes in general are stiff (synthetic bristles). I like it and I use it with a liquid cheapie drugstore foundation.

Anyhow like a lot us I am always searching for the illusion of better skin!
Laughing
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:16 am      Reply with quote
autum, I ordered samples sizes of Jane Iredale of skin-etc.com for $3 each. They also had samples of the lipsticks too. I'm still waiting for them to arrive..shipping to canada seems to be SLOW
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I think ordering samples may be the way to go. You have a chance to play with them and see how different application methods work, etc.

I did order some mineral makeup (loose) samples from the US and it took about a month to arrive. I ordered from two different companies. I like the loose to conceal where needed (spots, redness around nose) but decided a full face of it is not for me for many reasons. Anyhow I got the thrill of packages (marked as samples no duty!)arriving; playing with my samples; discovering a new concealer and decided in the end to stick with what works....and I was not out a lot of money.

I really love the concept of samples!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |