Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Body Lotion for Dry Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have suggestions for a body lotion for very dry legs and arms? My derm recommended AmLactin, which has 12% lactic acid. It works very well, but it SKINKS :-&

Thanks,

Liz
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:53 am      Reply with quote
One of the best (and cheapest) I have ever used is vaseline 24hr intense moituriser but I'm not sure if its available in the USA.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Liz,
Paula's Choice has some glycolic acid body lotions that are reasonably priced that probably won't smell. (She doesn't like to use fragrance in her products.)I didn't realize that AmLactin smelled bad. Was just about to cave and pay my $30 for a bottle. Indoor heat and all makes my skin so dry...
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:59 am      Reply with quote
The two best body lotions I have ever used:

The Body Deli - The Body Deli comes in # one for me as far as my bath products. Extremely rich and the best ingredients.

Homemade suds - This lady lives in the state of Washington and makes her own products. Emu oil is one of the main ingredients. Her lotions smell delightful and are extremely moisturizing. Prices are awesome.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:57 am      Reply with quote
You could try the Sensitive or Dry skin relief Aveeno. I think these are good products. Jojoba oil is good and sinks in fairly quickly. Also check out MMUcosmetics creams, some are made especially for dry skin.

I have been using Camellia oil on my dry legs! I discovered that some were heavilier when I tried Epiderm's Camellia oil, so I am using up my Blue Sage on my legs. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I love good old fragrance free Lubriderm.. if my skin is irritated and itchy in winter, it is very soothing.

But I also get good results from: Garnier (um, the body lotion in the orange bottle LOL), Body Shop African Spa (feet and lower legs love it), and I just got some of the epiderm body butter which I use on my hands and arms (takes away the dry, itchy areas and non-greasy)... and finally... if my skin is super dry/cracked I use Papaw/Paw Paw/Papaya (choose the preferred name) ointment. Wonderful!
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I like Crabtree & Evelyn's Hand Cream (comes with different "flavors") and Jojoba Oil Body Lotion.... also Jurlique's Rose Hand Cream Smile
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I would also avoid any harsh drying soaps... I find Outmeal Skincare Bar very gentle to dry skin Wink
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
..I have heard such good things about Jurlique hand creams, I really must get one to try.

You are right about the soaps... We use Bliss Lemon & Sage soap (this is so full of oils is feels lovely), Thalgo Marine body wash (for when I prefer liquid wash), and I have one of the Oatmeal Cleansing Bars in there too.

Hmm.. looks like I am as obsessive about soap choice as I am everything else. LOL
tracylynn
5% products discount

Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
hi, since i make homemade soap i am bias but feel that you should start with a soap change if your using a normal store bought bar, maybe a castile which is an all olive oil soap. there are usually soapmakers in everytown Wink then i would suggest just slathering on pure shea butter after you shower or before bed as long as you have clothes between you and your sheets. you can also melt down(microwave) pure shea and whip it in with some normal lotion. just use a handwand and it will thicken right up, you can buy this whole sale at different places. if you buy it retail it is costly. also anything with emu oil is excellent, and can also be bought wholesale. just my opinion. wholesalesuppliesplus.com sales bases as well as many other soap making supply places. hope this helps!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |