Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Recent weight loss has caused sunken cheeks and sag..HELP!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bluugrass
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Oh, this last year has been so wonderful for me, really. A year ago I was finally diagnosed with, and given meds for, the A.D.D. that I had suspected for many years, and it's made a HUGE difference in the way I feel about my life, future, and self in general. Went back to school to pursue a web design certificate this past fall, full time, and got straight A's for the fall semester, (I've NEVER done that before). I'm well on my way to a repeat performance this spring, after which I'll have my certificate. The ADD med (Adderall) has allowed me to keep my unhealthy snacking in check, and I've lost over 30 lbs. I would have to say that 20 of those lbs have gone since I started school...not sure why, I should have computer-butt due to all the studying, but I think it's because of the coffee I kept drinking, which makes me eat even less than I was on just the meds without coffee, even to the point of going many hours without food, sometimes 24 hours (I know it's not healthy, I just honestly would get so focused on my task at hand that food just became a non-essential).
Perhaps I should rewind and state that my starting weight was 190 lbs. My face was fat,no double-chin though, and my biggest issues were saggy, hooded upper lids, vertical lines radiating from my upper lip and NLs going to my chin. NOW...oh, now it seems as if EVERYTHING is loose and flabby, skin on cheeks crepey, corners of my mouth droopy...as if my face were made of wax and I just opened a hot oven to check the cake. If I'm not happy and laughing or smiling about something, I look sick. And I've still got 20 POUNDS TO GO!!
I'm going to have my 50th birthday in 6 weeks. I've been so gung-ho on my transformational journey so as not to mark my half-century milestone with regrets and self-pity, and really, it's going well EXCEPT FOR the sag business. I need a drill sergeant!
OK, here's what I've got going for me: been on retin-a for about 2 1/2 months; started Tanaka massage 2 weeks ago; I have Eva Fraser's Facial Workout book; access to youtube vids; tax return came in and I'm planning an order for DIY stuff; supplements consist of: 160 mg resveratrol (Walgreens), 1000 mg biotin (Spring Valley from WalMart), 1000 mg MSM (CVS). Plus various vitamin tabs. I also have a gym membership, so I've got cardio and resistance training at my disposal.
Keeping in mind that I'm an unemployed student with limited funds, please advise on what I need to bring these sags down (or up, as the case may be).Planning on making C serum, but what else should I order while I'm at it? I was going to get HA + Collagen II for the lips, will they work if I put contents of a capsule into anything topical or must I buy what's specially formulated for the topical stuff? What about DMAE? I don't even know how that stuff works...is it cumulative, or immediate and temporary? Matrixyl? Can I just add one of the above substances to some Cetaphil lotion and apply (sound silly to me, but hey, at the risk of sounding stupid...)? I know I need to do facial exercises, should I buy a tried-and-true program that everyone swears by, or are they all about the same? What about green smoothies (I'm up for that, although I will need to buy a blender)?
Ya'll, PLEASE forgive me! I don't mean to drag on and on, but it's important to me to not slip backwards into low self-esteem when I've worked hard to pull myself out of it. I thank each and every one of you in advance for taking the time to read this MANIFESTO and help me with your suggestions. I'll stop now.
Maybe until I see some improvement, I'll cut a golfball in half and insert them into my cheeks....whaddya think? Doubt
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Hey Bluugrass!

First off, I want to say how proud I am for all that you've accomplished the last year. Starting and doing great in school, weight loss, getting a disorder under control....that's some might hefty accomplishments in a short time-frame!!! Good for you!

They are all good things, but still create a certain amount of stress on the body...unhealthy eating to weight loss doesn't help much either, but you did what you had to do.

You are doing all the right things thus far with supplements, exercise, Vit C serum, retin-a, (Don't forget the sunscreen!)....but you need to also revamp your diet to include lots of fruits and veges, make sure your daily protein intake is up there, healthy grains and nuts, I myself have cut out dairy except for yogurt, I don't do pasta's and white breads...you also may want to consider adding Biosil to your daily supplement usage and hyarluronic acid...I also love the Matryxil 3000 serum from NCN...

All these things will help improve your appearance for sure over time...and as far as facial exercising goes I do recommend Ageless if You Dare...it's effective and good for a tight budget...only $10 when I bought it and there is also a large thread here on EDS about it.

In the future when your budget gets a bit better, the best way to go to replace lost facial volume are dermal fillers such as Juvederm...they are truly amazing in regards to transforming ones face. I got filler in my cheeks a few weeks ago and my lovely cheeks are back again!

I wish you luck though Bluu...you've done a lot over the last year and you're on the right track!! Keep it up!!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bluugrass
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bren,
I'll check into Ageless...I'll also check on the DIY board for recommendations for actives. I'm sure I can get more for my $$ if I can get, say, the top 5 actives and then formulate however I can from home...Matrixyl, you say? HHMMMM
Going to start eating up some fruits and invest in a blender for some smoothies. Spring is here soon, so I'll start some green seedling indoors now, I guess, so I'll have more to work with for less $$ this summer (spinach, kale, swiss chard...what else?) I hear cantelope is good for skin too.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:48 am      Reply with quote
what is NCN? i am currently looking to buy a Matryxil 3000 serum, would like to know more about it
bluugrass
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Here's the link...don't know if they've got more than one.
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/virtuemart/20.html
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |