Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
The New Madonna - thoughts?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Recent paparazzi shots show that she has had some type of work done to her face, could be lots of fillers or line freezers like Botox, could be a lift of some type.

In any event, my opinion about her new look is mixed.

She looks good - clear, smooth skin, tight jawline...but the previous Madonna is gone...

Thoughts? BF
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I would agree... She looks good for her age... but she doesn't look like the Madonna we grew up with. Interesting trade...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Madonna has been engineering her look for the last 20 years. This is just the newest and most dramatic upgrade. She's obviously using a lot more outside help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone post a picture of the new look? Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
These are images taken from her Hope for Haiti participation...

And here she is back in the '80s

I think she looks ok now a days... just VERY DIFFERENT... not necessarily a natural progression I guess...

CAN NOT figure out why the images won't post... Education PLEASE!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.etonline.com/news/2010/01/83393/

Here's the 3rd picture... (I think her look could be skewed by her make up as well...)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
http://cvhs83n85.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/madonna.jpg

Last picture...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
In the very top picture did anyone notice her arm with the skin hanging down? Sorry I just have never found her all that attractive.
kirnicko
5% products discount

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I used to love her when I was young! She was so cute when her face had a little plumpness to it. In spite of her tight skin and trim body, her new look screams old lady to me. There is nothing soft about her!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Well I think her face looks fabulous. I think she could add some filler to the area under the cheekbones to give her more of a youthful look, but then I've never liked the real high cheekbone sculpted look. I prefer the baby face look. Still she looks GREAT. Now the arms are another matter. Rolling Eyes
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
the arm in the first picture is bad....
pleiades
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I think her skin looks good, but aesthetically speaking, I don't find any harmony in this new structure. I do agree with kirniko, all this *processing* does scream old lady. JMO.

At least she's more pleasing to the eye than Courtney Love.
SandraD4880
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Madonna has MAN ARMS! The veins popping out like that is so masculine! I'm all for toned arms, but those are over built.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
pleiades wrote:
I think her skin looks good, but aesthetically speaking, I don't find any harmony in this new structure. I do agree with kirniko, all this *processing* does scream old lady. JMO.

I also agree that she is screaming "old lady". I think her face looks too angular and gaunt. That is not a youthful look, IMO.
SandraD4880
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, she's a major client of Dr. Brandt. So you gotta figure, with her money and his needle happy hands.....WATCH OUT!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I can't decide... in some pictures her look is chipmunky and "off". Those Haiti pictures though, not bad! I have always kind of gone along with what Madonna does. She's been a control freak about her body and appearance her entire career, the latest changes make perfect sense to me.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
The shape of her face is different than in her youth. I agree with Pleiades - she does appear to be someone who has overprocessed herself, thus changing her looks. (Never thought of it that way before).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Her cheeks are way too over-filled or she's had too big of implants...not sure why some think more is better up there. I prefer her more rounded face of youth...now she looks like a chiseled hag! Laughing
Sorry if that was a little blunt....Very Happy

I honestly am a firm believer in doing what we can to look good and I am all for surgery, fillers, botox etc to achieve a more natural youthful appearance (think Christie Brinkley who just turned 56 this year looking gorgeous AND natural! I want to know who her Doc is!!!)....but when do we say enough is enough? Do you think the choice of Doc might have something to do with skewing our views on what would look good? Dr B and Madonna?? I know that in the end it's up to use what we have done, but I think some of these plastic surgeons can be quite influential on what we get done....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:17 am      Reply with quote
What's with "The Joker" mouth? Priscilla Presley has it as well. Is it from the skin being pulled up incorrectly or wrongly placed fillers?

Going off topic here - but I'm intrigued with how Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke on the Bold and Beautiful) looks. She's about the same age as Madonna but looks totally amazing. I'm sure she's had stuff done, but she still looks natural - her brow even moves! Unlike Hunter Tylo (Taylor) who looks freakish.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I think Christy Brinkley is 54 or 55 and every time I see a photo of her, I am amazed.

She still has a rounded, youthful yet trim look.

The trouble with going too thin or muscular in middle age is that it has a tendency to backfire and make one appear gaunt or haggard Sad

I think Madonna would appear more youthful if she would allow herself to acquire a bit more body fat.

BF
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I stand corrected, she just turned 56 - wow, I want to look like her when I am 56, would love to know her diet & exercise & skincare & supplement regimens - wow!!!!

BF
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I stand corrected, she just turned 56 - wow, I want to look like her when I am 56, would love to know her diet & exercise & skincare & supplement regimens - wow!!!!

...and have her money and plastic surgeon! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Off topic, but to my eye Peggy Lipton somehow seems to defy the passing of time (actress famous in the 60s for Mod Squad, previously married to Quincy Jones)

Here's a recent pic with daughter Rashida Jones, also quite a beauty. Mom is the one on the right - yes, it's hard to tell. Bear in mind this woman was born in 1946, which makes her 63!

http://connect.in.com/peggy-lipton/photos-219069-1293677.html
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

Laughing agree with this
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:22 am      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

Laughing agree with this

LMAO add the stamina to keep up with her "boy toys" Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |