Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Physical Sunscreen on EDS??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
DDF Enhancing Sun Protection SPF 30 works well, it seems physical.
If you do not restrain products in essentialdayspa, I would recommend Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion, which is physical and really does a good job.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
This is the link for DDF
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ddf-enhancing-sun-protect-p_7317.htm

You may buy Shiseido in sephora.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Oh sorry, I was just "criticizing" the DDF one, to which link was provided above. Smile
I am on a hunt for a good one too Sad Was even considering making one myself.
I've been using Lavera, but they don't have the one with higher SPF for sensitive skin anymore.
It wasn't good in terms of feeling, and it was whitening, but I didn't care much, it had good ingredients and did the job.

Now I don't know. Someone mentioned Shisedo, will have to check if they have it in Canada.

I am mainly using mineral makeup with zinc oxide in the summer if I am just driving to work and back. And Lavera if really going outside... If you find something good, let me know Smile
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Check this out - especially for those vaseline fans on this forum

http://www.health-report.co.uk/petroleum_petrolatum_health_concerns.htm

vaseline is under suspicion as carcinogen in breast cancer! Yeah, of course research doesn't happen in one day, but at least common sense should help, right?

And to add more on synthetics, and parabens (considering there are now safer preservatives avail),
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraben

Quote:
Several peer-reviewed studies have reported results that indirectly support a correlation between the presence of parabens and the occurrence of breast cancer. High levels of parabens have been detected in breast tumors,[11][12] with one UK-based study finding high concentrations of parabens in eighteen out of twenty samples of breast tumors.[12] These findings, along with the demonstrated ability of parabens to mimic estrogen, a hormone known to play a role in the development of breast cancers,[12] have led some scientists to conclude that the presence of parabens does correlate with the occurrence of breast cancer,[6][13] and to call for investigation into whether or not a causal link exists.[14] The lead researcher of the UK study, molecular biologist Philippa Darbre, reported that the ester-bearing form of the parabens found in the tumors indicate that they came from something applied to the skin, such as an underarm deodorant, cream or body spray, and stated that the results helped to explain why up to 60% of all breast tumors are found in just one-fifth of the breast - the upper-outer quadrant, nearest the underarm

Quote:
Studies indicate that methylparaben applied on the skin reacts with UVB leading to increased skin aging and DNA damage
havana8

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Does EDS carry any physical sunscreen that you have tried and loved? I tried looking through several brands, but it looks like most of them are chemical. I even called the Help line, but she was not able to give me a recommendation. I want one with micronized zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.

TIA!

The Kimberly Sayer SPF25 is one I have been looking at with both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide although I am not sure if the latter is micronized. Here is the ingredient listing:

Kimberly Sayer Anti-Oxidant Daily Moisturizing Cream SPF25
Ingredients: Purified Water, Apricot Kernel Oil, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Squalane (Olives), Shea Butter, Oat Beta Glucan, Sea Algae Extract, Glycerin (Vegetable), Borage Seed Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Rosewater, Beech Bud Extract, Aloe Vera Gel, Foraha Oil, Nettle, Rosebud, Safflower Oil, Zinc Oxide (botanical sunblock), Titanium Dioxide (botanical sun block), Lecithin, Vitamins A-C-E, Xanthan (Gum), Japanese Honeysuckle Extract (preservative)

Here is leeleedeedee's review thread on it:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=362086

Skyn Iceland Antidote Mineral Sunscreen SPF 18 is another that looks to have both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skyn-iceland-antidote-min-p_9566.htm
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
zverenok,

I only have 26 years on you Smile but I have just about every butter and oil already here and both TD and ZO in the house from making my own MMU, I may have to give that a try for body. I agree on the face though I believe that would put a crimp in any makeup plans for the day! LOL

Exactly! But think of it as 26 years wiser and more experienced Smile (sorry to be so silly, but what is MMU?) Actually, you gave me a thought - I don't have to go with controversial micronized zo and td, especially if it's for the body, can go with regular ones, and no risk of penetration. Mostly really pale anyways, both me and family, so white cast on body won't show really that much. For face though, it's still a debate.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |