Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
WEN Haircair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
This stuff looks really great, especially for my coarse, curly hair. It's been advertised on TV by Guthy Renker. Has anyone tried it and what did you think? I'm dying to order. LD
Peggotty
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I'm wondering too. The reviews online have been mixed.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Here are some previous discussion about WEN and conditioner only washing.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22246

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14755

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35478

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35478
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi LD! I ordered this after a sleepless night of infomercial watching and have been using it about 2 weeks. The jury is still out for me. I have long, highlighted blonde hair that is naturally wavy. My natural color is pretty dark, so I'm always fighting the damage done every 7 weeks of highlights and lowlights.

I also like to wear it straight sometimes, so more damage from flatirons!!

The main reason I ordered this is because I started the INSANITY workout and this is 6 days of hardcore dripping with sweat when you are done....must wash your hair daily kind of a workout. In the past, I only washed my hair about 3 times a week.

Okay enough background...results: The thing that is bothering me the most is my blonde looks much darker and muted; not necessarily dirty or greasy, just darker. I hate the color change and would be very interested to know if any other blondes have experienced this.

The good news is my hair certainly doesn't feel dried out from washing every day and my frizz is more tame.

After reading some of the wow reviews...I just don't have any wows to report....no amazing shine, etc. I'm still using it because I'm an eternal optimist, but shampooing and using Coppola Shine Infusion Keratin Complex when I have somewhere special to go.

I know this probably wasn't very helpful since I'm confused, but thought I would share my experience!! I would certainly appreciate any advice about the darkening blonde from you blondies as well!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
There is also much discussion on makeupalley hair care board and reviews in productville.

Some people that like the idea of Wren are using One from Sally. Much less $$
kirnicko
5% products discount

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the small bottle, and after finishing (quickly) and being undecided, bought the big bottle ($50!). You have to use SO much to coat your hair according to the directions that it doesn't last very long. I think it works ok,but I've opted not to buy again. I am more aware how damaging my previously daily washings (with Prell!) were probably too harsh so I'm washing less frequently and even trying "conditioner only". I also purchased the comperable product (Hair One) from Amazon, I think it was $12 for the small bottle (as opposed to $28 for the Wen). It works just as good.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
There is a DIY condition only washing using Suave Coconut conditioner mixed with (I think Honey and ???? ) I have WEN right now but am going to find the DIY here on EDS and make my own conditioner washing. I only do this about every 3rd or 4th washing cycle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I use Suave coconut as is. It works great.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:40 am      Reply with quote
That's great to hear. Much cheaper than WEN Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Hey there - For those who are interested.
This is the suggestion I found for using with the Suave coconut conditioner as a base for cleasing.

I premix in the conditioner bottle. I start out with a conditioner bottle that's not full. I also sometimes add water. So it's conditioner, then a splash of apple cider vinegar, (maybe) a splash of water, and some honey. (more honey than apple cider vinegar and water put together)

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - first post here, not a virgin anymore!

Well, after seeing numerous infomercials, I decided to order through one of the home shopping stations (so I could return it if need be.)

Haven't rec'd it yet, but will let you know what I think.

I have medium texture, thick, wavey hair (enought for three people.) It's color processed.

Sher
miss mei
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:51 am      Reply with quote
I have long, thick, wavy, Asian hair. I used to use Alchemy which is a completely natural, sulfite and paraben free but it didn't do much for my hair. It was frizzy and had lots of fly aways.

I love Wen. It is quite pricey but I think it's worth it.

My hair is really soft and so moisturised! My husband cannot stop playing with my hair and he loves running his hands through my hair. I mentioned the price to him but he thinks it's worth it and it's the best my hair has ever felt.

I go to the gym a fair bit but my workouts vary. If I have a really sweaty session I obviously wash my hair with Wen. If it's just a really light session I just rinse my hair and spray some Wen through it. Works well.

I tend not to follow the recommendation from Wen as it just uses way too much product. They recommend 40 pumps for my length and thickness of hair but get away quite nicely with 16. SOunds like heaps but so worth it!

Makeup alley has heaps of reviews on it.

I find that their styling products leave my hair very sticky and make me need to wash my hair sooner. I don't think they do much for me personally but I'm persevering.

I do love their hair masque. It is beautiful! Very hydrating and it smells delicious.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:53 am      Reply with quote
I have long, thick, wavy, Asian hair. I used to use Alchemy which is a completely natural, sulfite and paraben free but it didn't do much for my hair. It was frizzy and had lots of fly aways.

I love Wen. It is quite pricey but I think it's worth it.

My hair is really soft and so moisturised! My husband cannot stop playing with my hair and he loves running his hands through my hair. I mentioned the price to him but he thinks it's worth it and it's the best my hair has ever felt.

I go to the gym a fair bit but my workouts vary. If I have a really sweaty session I obviously wash my hair with Wen. If it's just a really light session I just rinse my hair and spray some Wen through it. Works well.

I tend not to follow the recommendation from Wen as it just uses way too much product. They recommend 40 pumps for my length and thickness of hair but get away quite nicely with 16. SOunds like heaps but so worth it!

Makeup alley has heaps of reviews on it.

I find that their styling products leave my hair very sticky and make me need to wash my hair sooner. I don't think they do much for me personally but I'm persevering.

I do love their hair masque. It is beautiful! Very hydrating and it smells delicious.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
That's great to hear. Much cheaper than WEN Laughing

Though I have had a great experience with WEN, it costs too dang much! So I'm going to try the suave coconut conditioner, with the vinegar and honey. Will let you know how it goes.

BTW - I've often just used conditioner alone, and it works fine, unless I've gone to the ranch (dusty!) or sweated a lot!
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
This is the suggestion I found for using with the Suave coconut conditioner as a base for cleasing.

I premix in the conditioner bottle. I start out with a conditioner bottle that's not full. I also sometimes add water. So it's conditioner, then a splash of apple cider vinegar, (maybe) a splash of water, and some honey. (more honey than apple cider vinegar and water put together)

sister sweets

After you mix these ingredients, can you leave it for later use or it is like a color mix "dispose whatever is left".

Thanks
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

sister sweets

After you mix these ingredients, can you leave it for later use or it is like a color mix "dispose whatever is left".

Thanks

Hey,
I’m the one who came up with this recipe. I use 2 parts suave coconut conditioner, 1 part honey, and 1 part water + apple cider vinegar. I don’t measure anything, I just eye it. I do the “mixing” in a conditioner bottle so at the end I have the bottle containing the new and improved conditioner mix and I use that until it’s gone, no need to mix it up every time you wash your hair.
I think it could be possible to use other conditioner in addition to the suave, or maybe even instead of it, it would just be a matter of experimentation. I’m a little interested in trying the hair one imitation of wen. I would try using 50/50 hair one with the suave in the recipe. I wouldn’t ever change the honey and apple cider vinegar because I consider those the essentials, I believe that there’s nothing in any conditioner that will be better for your hair than the honey and apple cider vinegar.
But! Although I love this I don’t always do this- I don’t always have my mix on hand. I also occasionally use a little bit shampoo (mostly on my scalp) so I’m not doing 100% conditioner washing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Nimue,

I know this recipe should work. My grandma ( in prehistoric times before conditioners were invented) always insisted i add vinegar into water when i rinse my hair after washing. Too bad i was too young and lazy to follow Smile And i totally forgot about it.
Adding vinegar into conditioner is a brilliant idea!
HorseLover

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
YB wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

sister sweets

Thanks

Hey,
I’m the one who came up with this recipe. I use 2 parts suave coconut conditioner, 1 part honey, and 1 part water + apple cider vinegar. I don’t measure anything, I just eye it. I do the “mixing” in a conditioner bottle so at the end I have the bottle containing the new and improved conditioner mix and I use that until it’s gone, no need to mix it up every time you wash your hair.
I think it could be possible to use other conditioner in addition to the suave, or maybe even instead of it, it would just be a matter of experimentation. I’m a little interested in trying the hair one imitation of wen. I would try using 50/50 hair one with the suave in the recipe. I wouldn’t ever change the honey and apple cider vinegar because I consider those the essentials, I believe that there’s nothing in any conditioner that will be better for your hair than the honey and apple cider vinegar.
But! Although I love this I don’t always do this- I don’t always have my mix on hand. I also occasionally use a little bit shampoo (mostly on my scalp) so I’m not doing 100% conditioner washing.

Used the Suave Coconut conditioner, honey and apple cider vinegar,as directed. Also added 2-3 drops of high-grade natural Peppermint oil.

Worked great! Same as WEN, but has a much shorter styling time (due to not containing glycerine?) My hair is super clean and sleek. Thank you so much for the recipe! Am going to make batches for Christmas presents!
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Awesome! I'm glad you liked it but from personal experience I don't recommend using DIY stuff as presents. -even if it's not for christmas but just because! People will be suspicious and look askance at it or they won't like how it smells or feels... I don't know, maybe it's just my family but everyone around here is terrified of accidentally using one of my mixes... Rolling Eyes

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |