Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ready to buy DIY actives, need FAST firming. Suggestions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bluugrass
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Hey ya'll,
Well, as I posted on the skin care board, my recent weight loss has shown up on my face in a scary way. Before losing over 35 lbs, my 49 yr old face's main issues were hooded upper eyelids, vertical lines radiating from my upper lip and NL folds making parentheses around my mouth. Now, my cheeks are flat and everything seems to flop around my mouth (corners of the mouth seem to go down). The skin on my cheeks are crepey.Sad
My tax return is in and although I'm not a rich woman by any means, I have a few $$ to spend on some actives. Who wants to recommend what? I know I need some L-AA for a C serum...I'm also thinking DMEA, Hyaluronic acid, Matrixyl, maybe some oils (what are those "dry" ones I've heard about...they sink in and don't leave the skin greasy?), and what's that stuff that's sometimes added to a C serum to boost it? What else? Can some if these actives be used topically AND internally by filling empty gelcaps? Can anything simply be mixed with a bit of Cetaphil lotion and applied?
I also need to get on track with healthier eating...gonna start some green smoothies and up my water intake.
I've got a gym membership...will spending more time there have a positive effect on my face?
I'm turning 50 next month, and I've done a lot this past year to bring myself out of my mental depressed slump (got diagnosed and finally treated for A.D.D, started school and doing well, losing the weight), and it's important to me to not be looking into the mirror on that day saying "Yup, you look 50".
Oh, I'm also doing Tanaka and trying any facial exercises I can get my hands on...I have Eva Fraser's Facial Workout book, and bren recommended to me the Ageless program.
Thanks to all of you for letting me ramble on and on....any help is appreciated.
bluugrass
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm bumping this, it seems to have been missed...still haven't placed an order. Suggestions, anyone?
Which do y'all like better...DMAE or Matrixyl 3000?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
bluugrass wrote:
I'm bumping this, it seems to have been missed...still haven't placed an order. Suggestions, anyone?
Which do y'all like better...DMAE or Matrixyl 3000?

My vote Matrixyl 3000. I am a little more concerned with DMAE? It may be fine topically I just lean towards cautious, and have used Isomers Matrixyl 3000 with good results. It is something I find you need continued usage with but that is the case with most all topicals.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you DM...can you tell me of your experience with the Isomers? When did you start, how long to notice results and do you apply once or twice daily? Have you ever formulated with it, or know of a simple recipe (I don't have a whole lot of ingredients, so if I knew it could just be added to an easily obtainable base, it would help a bit).
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Isomers is a great company, they make excellent products that are very affordable. The actives you would be interested though is Vitamin C, DMAE, and AHA's Smile
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
HI, Just started using Isomers Re-Densify and Acetyl-Hexapeptide 8. I'm also using Copper from Skin Biology. I'm applying the A-Hexapeptide 8 on freshly washed skin twice a day. Same with Re-Dense. When do I apply my Skin Biology products? Thanks. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:42 am      Reply with quote
There is more scientific backing behind the use of Copper peptides. I always suggest to start off with applying the more scientifically backed product.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. That makes sense. Thank you. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm applying Acetyl-Hexapeptide 8 all around my mouth, crow's feet and n/l lines. How long until you see results? My upper lip lines are really trying to make a statement. Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, I'm applying Acetyl-Hexapeptide 8 all around my mouth, crow's feet and n/l lines. How long until you see results? My upper lip lines are really trying to make a statement. Mad

How long have you been applying it for? I use it all over the face and have been for the last six months, while the muscles aren't as easily moved it hasn't caused any sagging (like the horror stories speculate) do not expect instant results, some people do achieve much faster results but that's probably more like a placebo affect. If it worked instantly no one would be getting botox, but it will have a cumulative affect.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:41 am      Reply with quote
HI, echoecho, I've been using it less than a month. I know that's not long at all, but these lip lines are bothersome (to put it midly).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Lip lines are one of the hardest to treat, if they have developed because of smoking then the collagen may have degraded and so you will need to add certain steps to your routine to stimulate that collagen.

If you have never smoked then wrinkle relaxing peptides could help improve the affects of your current regime.

Instead of getting Botox how about opting for Dysport (the European version which is the same just more affordable because it's the only competitor on the market) it's reasonably priced and it will give you instant results while you're waiting for the results to kick in from the Argiriline?

I had Dysport injections to raise the eyebrows and add the illusion of volume to the upper lip and am really enjoying the results. I also use Isomers wrinkle reducing serum that contains many different wrinkle relaxing peptides (I dont ave any pronounced wrinkles) to prevent lines from occurring.

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I've never smoked. I'm just knocking on 60!
Thanks for the recommedation of Dysport. I've used Botox in the past, but it only lasts a couple of weeks for me. Confused My esty thinks it could be because of my rheumatoid arthritis (an auto immune disease).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
I've never smoked. I'm just knocking on 60!
Thanks for the recommedation of Dysport. I've used Botox in the past, but it only lasts a couple of weeks for me. Confused My esty thinks it could be because of my rheumatoid arthritis (an auto immune disease).

Dysport is the european version of botox not only is it more affordable but it lasts longer, have a look on google for it. It's a great product especially if botox hasn't worked for you. It cost me $120AUD for an upper eyelift so even if it dosent last long your only set back a few dollars but if it does work you can stick with it and it's affordable but to stay on the healthier side of things try the suggested route before making a future commitment with dysport.

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing here. I'm still using Acetyl-Hexapeptide 8. I apply it on my forehead, all around my mouth, and my crowsfeet. I'm going through this product really quickly. Shock Am I applying too much?
I've recently dug out my FaceMaster which, of course, exercises muscles. Here's my real question: Is this a good idea or a dumb idea?
Thank you. Mars

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing here. I'm still using Acetyl-Hexapeptide 8. I apply it on my forehead, all around my mouth, and my crowsfeet. I'm going through this product really quickly. Shock Am I applying too much?
I've recently dug out my FaceMaster which, of course, exercises muscles. Here's my real question: Is this a good idea or a dumb idea?
Thank you. Mars

Snap 8 which is Acetyl Octapeptide-3, has done wonders for my fine under eye lines, I use it in 10% concentration..........
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Daler.
Do you think it's a good idea to use FaceMaster, which stimulates and exercises muscles while I'm using Acetyl-Hexapeptide 8. I'm thinking this is contradictory. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Thanks, Daler.
Do you think it's a good idea to use FaceMaster, which stimulates and exercises muscles while I'm using Acetyl-Hexapeptide 8. I'm thinking this is contradictory. Confused

I think these topicals only partially paralyse skin muscles and thus relaxing minor wrinkles and not the underlying muscles of the face which are responsible for the shape of the face and I think facemaster works on those major muscles...... Also I think that facial exercises would be way better and stronger than the facemaster
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |