Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Video: Fish Oil Pills Unsafe?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:10 am      Reply with quote
http://news.yahoo.com/video/health-15749655/are-fish-oil-pills-contaminated-18426668

For those of you to take Fish Oil for skin benefits, this may be a good video to watch.

I swear nothing you eat or take is safe anymore LOL... *Sigh*
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:01 am      Reply with quote
That was interesting. Thanks for posting the link, skincarejunkie. I thought it was interesting that the doctor recommended just eating fish (only 2 servings a week were needed) if you are not in the high risk category for heart disease.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
This was interesting. I do take fish oil but on the days I eat fish I dont take them. I think its probably good if you have a variety of fish and take the caps on the days you dont eat fish.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Fuzzy science. Fish oil capsules USP Certified- can find the cert on lable- are guarenteed tested by a third party, and free of contaminants..

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Alien wrote:
Fuzzy science. Fish oil capsules USP Certified- can find the cert on lable- are guarenteed tested by a third party, and free of contaminants..

Exactly. There are different fish oil, and different companies extracting and cleaning the oil. Yes the oceans are polluted, hence you clean the oil. I pay around $40 for 120 capsules of clean fish oil. I bet you can find it way cheaper if you want. You always have a choice.
Same as you have a choice to use Lancome or Dr. Hauschka Bad Grin
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, not all supplements are created equal. It's important to choose a pure, molecularly distilled fish oil.
jiafeimao9889
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:38 am      Reply with quote
my monther like fish oil.
i hope it will be safe .
rileygirl wrote:
That was interesting. Thanks for posting the link, skincarejunkie. I thought it was interesting that the doctor recommended just eating fish (only 2 servings a week were needed) if you are not in the high risk category for heart disease.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:00 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Alien. There are very good brands of fish oil out there that are tested and guaranteed free of contaminants. You have to research the company that makes the fish oil capsules, and find out how they process it before plunking down your money and buying the product. Not all fish oil supplements are created equal.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:52 am      Reply with quote
A very good blog about fish oils and picking the best one. Smile

http://www.squidoo.com/fish_oil?utm_campaign=direct-discovery

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello Dark Moon....that was a very informative article and I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for posting it. I'm actually a flaxseed oil person but I know I need to add a good fish oil. So, reading this blog did give me some very important information. Thank you Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:34 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hello Dark Moon....that was a very informative article and I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for posting it. I'm actually a flaxseed oil person but I know I need to add a good fish oil. So, reading this blog did give me some very important information. Thank you Very Happy

Hi, leeleedeedee Smile
I am glad it helped, I think it's almost a full time job making sure our supplements are both safe and have what we are paying for. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Oh, Dark Moon, I definitely agree with you...it certainly is a full time job researching one's food and supplements and cosmetics ingredients etc. I spend more time on the internet than I should and most of it is all about researching this and researching that Laughing
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

He's quite obviously trying to sell a product though, and some of the things he says I know are just baloney.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

He's quite obviously trying to sell a product though, and some of the things he says I know are just baloney.

Maybe this is more to your liking. Smile

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FKA/is_3_67/ai_n11832856/

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
This is interesting.
Usually fish oil is recommended for a healthy diet because it contains the omega-3 fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), precursors to eicosanoids that reduce inflammation throughout the body.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
One side effect of fish oils and their fatty acids is an increase low-density lipoprotein levels (”bad cholesterol”) by 5-10%. This is dependent on the dose used. The oils have also been noted to have an effect on blood glucose levels in people with Type 2 / Adult Onset Diabetes but this is short-term and no long-term effects have been reported.
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:53 am      Reply with quote
You need to take a lot of Omega 3 for it to be dangerous in anyway, but when it comes to the quality of the oil you take it varies. Fish do contain a lot of heavy metal from all the shit we throw in the ocean so it's best to buy the oil from a reputable brand.
Another factor is the way the oil is stored, either at the production facility, or in the shop. Oil turn rancid if it's not stored properly and that has lately been seen in relation to heart problems.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:34 am      Reply with quote
blueeyes wrote:
You need to take a lot of Omega 3 for it to be dangerous in anyway

This is true except for those of us who have platelet disorders, or people who are already on blood thinners.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |